University of Phoenix

Updated 7 Nov 2014
Updated 7 Nov 2014

2.8

Enrollment Advisor Interview

1st you take an assessment after you pass that you get an email asking you to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview they will set up a time for you to met with the hiring manager face to face.

Interview Questions
    • They ask me questions regarding things I have done on my previous jobs.   Answer Question
    none

PC Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Panel interview with IT director, manager, network admin, and other department heads. Questions were asked about how to handle to certain issues/problems. How to trouble shoot basic pc issues. How to deal with more advanced networking issues and what steps I would take to resolve.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions "Why are man hole covers round?" "If you were a carrot in a salad and were about to be eaten what would you do?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all. Pay was less then my previous employer.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

you apply online..then take assessment they send you..you will be scheduled for a phone interview with third party recruiter...the recruiter will schedule a panel interview with the managers..three days later you will receive an offer via email

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer after listening to their needs.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Easy interview process. Two phone interviews, a face to face interview and then you will get a call back within a few days. Asked generic questions. Such as: Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years and so on.

Workforce Solutions Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix.

The process was easy and mostly virtual if not in person. Begins with recruiter and moves on to internal interviews. After internal interview are completed, you work again with a recruiter to handle background check detail. Then after results are back, final confirmation notice is sent via email entailing a job offer.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2014.

I filled out the application online in sept 2014 and passed the assessment. It took a while for me to be contacted (3wks) for the interview phase. Once I was contact I had 1 phone interview, then I was moved on to the face to face interview. I passed the face to face interview and I was notified with an acceptance letter 2 days after the face to face and also to start the background check. My background check only took 3 days to be clear. Then I was given my start date. Overall the whole process took 4 and a half weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were behavioral based questions. The interview should be like telling a story, what did you do, how did you handle it, what was the result, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiation but they pay very well.

Faculty Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Submitted an online application and was then sent an online interview with about seven questions. After returning the online interview by the requested deadline I was contacted by one of the managers to schedule an in-person interview with a panel. There were eight managers on the panel and each took turns asking questions then marking comments on a sheet in front of them. I received an offer about two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral-style questions (i.e. tell me about a time when...)   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Adjunct Faculty Interview

You have to meet minimum education requirements, there has to be a need for your area, then go through a 20 hour ( I think that is what it was) unpaid training session.

Interview Questions
    • The training session it was over several weeks one night a week. But well worth having that level of introduction to their teaching method and the school.   Answer Question

Enrollment Recruiter-special Sector (Experimental, New Role) Interview

I was recruited to fill a new role that wasn't officially in the system, so materials and online testing were actually not applicable to this position. The entire IT/online component of the application process was a bit of a disaster. I continued to get links saying I had not completed some online testing even though I had, and the salary email and the rest of the information sent to me did not match what I had been told by the hiring manager. Also, for a relatively low-paying job, asking the applicant to create a PowerPoint presentation under a limited time schedule that could be used to market the school almost seemed like free marketing consulting particularly as the job I was applying for did not require such a presentation necessarily. The hiring manager also made a statement to me in the call confirming their offer that was professionally a bit insulting I declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to create a PowerPoint presentation in a very short time and then being asked to present it in a conference room without having started the job or being given information to use was a bit extreme.   View Answer

There was too much confusion in the system, the pay confirmation was not what was agreed upon, and the hiring manager made a statement in the confirmation call that was professionally insulting.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

I only had one interview and it lasted maybe about 10 minutes. I know this isn't typical for most of their interviews, but for some reason the manager really liked me off the bat and knew he wanted to hire me in that short time. Come to find out, he wasn't a great manager at all. So it'd probably be better to have a manager who asked more engaged questions.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, it was very simple and quick, but had questions like "what are your greatest strengths", etc... just some very basic, generic questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiating for pay back then. At that time, they had a set salary and then you made commission % at a 6 month review for how your enrollment numbers were.