University of Phoenix Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.8

Faculty Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Submitted an online application and was then sent an online interview with about seven questions. After returning the online interview by the requested deadline I was contacted by one of the managers to schedule an in-person interview with a panel. There were eight managers on the panel and each took turns asking questions then marking comments on a sheet in front of them. I received an offer about two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral-style questions (i.e. tell me about a time when...)   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Adjunct Faculty Interview

You have to meet minimum education requirements, there has to be a need for your area, then go through a 20 hour ( I think that is what it was) unpaid training session.

Interview Questions
    • The training session it was over several weeks one night a week. But well worth having that level of introduction to their teaching method and the school.   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I only had one interview and it lasted maybe about 10 minutes. I know this isn't typical for most of their interviews, but for some reason the manager really liked me off the bat and knew he wanted to hire me in that short time. Come to find out, he wasn't a great manager at all. So it'd probably be better to have a manager who asked more engaged questions.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, it was very simple and quick, but had questions like "what are your greatest strengths", etc... just some very basic, generic questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiating for pay back then. At that time, they had a set salary and then you made commission % at a 6 month review for how your enrollment numbers were.

Enrollment Recruiter-special Sector (Experimental, New Role) Interview

I was recruited to fill a new role that wasn't officially in the system, so materials and online testing were actually not applicable to this position. The entire IT/online component of the application process was a bit of a disaster. I continued to get links saying I had not completed some online testing even though I had, and the salary email and the rest of the information sent to me did not match what I had been told by the hiring manager. Also, for a relatively low-paying job, asking the applicant to create a PowerPoint presentation under a limited time schedule that could be used to market the school almost seemed like free marketing consulting particularly as the job I was applying for did not require such a presentation necessarily. The hiring manager also made a statement to me in the call confirming their offer that was professionally a bit insulting I declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to create a PowerPoint presentation in a very short time and then being asked to present it in a conference room without having started the job or being given information to use was a bit extreme.   View Answer

There was too much confusion in the system, the pay confirmation was not what was agreed upon, and the hiring manager made a statement in the confirmation call that was professionally insulting.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

You apply online and within a few days are asked to take a behavioral assessment online--basic time management, agree/disagree questions. If you pass the assessment they schedule you for a phone interview. After the phone interview you will have an interview with the hiring manager. They ask you basic behavioral questions where they want specific examples from your work history.

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Group interview where everyone is asked the same question around the table. Everyone gets to hear each others' answers. Prior to this there was a phone interview, but typically for most jobs at UOP, they do a mass hiring in groups.

Interview Questions
    I was told the pay and that it was non-negotiable, so I wasn't provided the opportunity to negotiate.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

There were two parts. First I interviewed with a panel of all directors, which lasted about 40 minutes. Then I had an interview with the hiring manager and another director which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I anticipated all the questions that were asked. If you do your homework, the interviews should not be difficult at all.   Answer Question
    Easy, the hiring manager was nice.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2014.

Applied online a week letter I received an email to take three assessments. After passing the assessments there is a phone interview, after successfully passing the phone interview you will move on to the face-to-face interview.

The face to face interview is a panel consisting of two people. It is a behavioral type of interview most questions begin with "Describe a time when you....". They are looking for a specific answer and if you do not give them the answer they are looking for they WILL write you off.

My tips for you: Know the position and what it entails and be able to explain exactly what the position is and how potential students are contacted. Also, study all of the questions on here and have an answer that relates to what they are looking for. The director told me they are seeking a hard-working, self-starter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you used time management and what steps did you use. Describe a time you used logic and good judgement.   Answer Question

Enrollment Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

I have applied for 2 positions, one is still in the loop. the other one got rejected.

Submitted a resume online, and received an online assignment email next day. I took the online tests and they sent me an auto-rejection email a weeks after.

Academic Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

They often hire if you have a connection. They call you and and you come in for one interview and then you go through a process of screening that takes a long time ( approximately three weeks to a month) then they call you and offer you the job.

Interview Questions
    • I am a gym member who is thinking of leaving, convince me to stay.   View Answer
    non, you take what they offer.

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!