University of Phoenix

Getting the Interview

195 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjunct Faculty Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details I submitted application along with resume. Interviewed and was asked to prepare a sample 15-minute lecture. After being accepted at this stage, I was invited to participate in a 5-week onground course that not only taught UOP procedures and philosophies but provided the University of Phoenix experience from the student's point of view.

Interview Question – The interview was pretty straight-forward. No trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They simply informed me what they paid based on my experience and academic credentials.

Spring, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and received a request for an online assessment one day later. 3 months later, I had a phone interview with the consulting company. It consisted of 4 behavior questions similar to if not identical what others have stated. After answering questions, I was scheduled for an in person interview the very next day. I showed up 15 minutes early however I had to sit and wait until the exact time of the interview or a few minutes longer. That may be a deliberate game to see how you react. When one of the interviewers finally came and got me, upon entering the room he told them I had just got there. Not sure how I was supposed to react but I just greeted the other interviewers. There was a panel of 2 managers and 1 director. They began talking about themselves, then we discussed my background and work history. Then I answered 4 different behavior questions from the phone interview. When I paused to answer, one of them would give a smiling stare. It can be intimidating. Overall the experience was well worth for practice and they were professional and gave honest insight on the questions I asked. One day later I received the rejection email. Not sure if it was because I was too smart or because I initially selected a preference of a closer location before the in person interview took place.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a problem with time management?   Answer Question

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2012.

Interview Details After applying on their website, I was called by one of their recruiters for a pre-screening interview. After the pre-screening I was told that the next step was an interview with a department head. I was later told that they didn't hire online instructors from Texas because of tax laws, which didn't make sense to me.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just questions regarding my teaching style and philosophy.   Answer Question

Student Support Specialist/Academic Counselor/Enrollment Counselor Interview

Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2010.

Interview Details Many different interviews,

Interview Question – What is a weakness you have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wish I had reached how much an academic counselor made before I switched roles, I got offered a lot less and I should have negotiated more.

Very Easy Interview

Finance Advisor Interview

Finance Advisor
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2010.

Interview Details Interview process was amazing! The person that I had was truly on the ball, and lively. Made me fell comfortable.

Interview Question – To be honest, the questions were pretty straight forward. Typical interview questions that you would get pretty much any where. However, do your homework, research the company, and be prepared to ask questions. That is what the interview is really all about. They are looking to see what you can bring to the table by making them think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time there was really no negotiation phase. The pay was straight forward. However, once you have your degree and/or if you have your degree that pay increases radically.

Instructor - Clinical Interview

Pasadena, CA (US)

I applied through other source and interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process is very detailed. The future employee needs to really be prepared. There is a phone interview, intial interview, group interviews and one nightly training for five weeks prior to being given a job offer.

Interview Question – The future employee needs to know their area of expertise very well!   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2010.

Interview Details The best way to get any contact from the University is to list a reference from a current employee.Those applications take priority. They will then call you if interested to set up a phone interview, asking you about yourself and how you would react in certain situations of distress in the workplace. They see if you can handle pressure. From there they may call you to come in and be interviewed by 2-3 managers. They will then get to know you a little and then ask how you would react in real student scenarios. They see if youre bold headed or have room to be taught. Its up tot he managers wheather to hire someone or not, so impress them.

Interview Question – Being asked some of the student scenario questions throw you off if you dont know how the policies work.   View Answer

Enrollment Advisor

Interviewed at University of Phoenix

Interview Details Behavior based interview process with recruiters and managers

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you ...   Answer Question

Finance Counselor Interview

Finance Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in February 2010.

Interview Details I was hired back in 2006 so things are a lot different now. I originally applied to be an enrollment counselor, but ended up getting a finance counselor position. I had a relative working at UOP who turned in my resume and it took almost three weeks to hear from them. I had to pay to fly out to Arizona since I was out of state and the interview took place in a huge room where there were chairs set up as a circle throughout the room. I was interviewed by five to seven people at the same time, I can't remember because it was so long ago. I felt really good with the interview, they laughed at some of the things I said, so I thought that I had gotten the job. Before I left one of the individuals interviewing me came out into the waiting area and told me that they thought I would be better suited as a finance counselor and that they wanted to set me up with an interview with someone in HR the next day before my flight left. The next morning I interviewed with a really nice lady in HR and I felt bad because I had to bring my suitcase with me because I was leaving to the airport right afterwards and I had been having a taxi take me everywhere. I felt it was unprofessional of me, but I had no choice and the HR lady was super nice about it. I don't recall any questions she asked since it was so long ago, but nothing stands out in my mind as difficult or caught me off guard. After the interview she said she would send me an email with some "test" questions. They were basically questions on how you would respond to an email from a student based on certain situations. A day later she called and offered me the position. Overall it took about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks to get hired.

Interview Question – Nothing that I can remember. Pretty basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I didn't have any experience.

Academic Counselor Interview

Academic Counselor
Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix in January 2010.

Interview Details Phone call, panel interview with possibly a second panel interview, then background check.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Phoenix

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Phoenix interview questions and advice. All 195 interview reviews are posted anonymously by University of Phoenix employees and interview candidates.