University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.6

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

The manager asked me questions about myself, prior work experience, words that describe myself, and provided me with a couple of scenarios that I had to answer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Words that describe my work ethic.   1 Answer

Orientation Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

First step was to answer essay questions given online.
    Second step was a group interview where 30 students in groups of four interacted and where judged by staff.
    Third step was individual normal interview with staff.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals as a student?
      Lots of situational questions..

Answer Question

Advancement Services Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

(I have not finished interview process). I was first contacted by the HR department for a 30 phone interview. Several days later, I was contacted by a member of the office that the position was in to set up an in-person interview the following week. The in-person interview is scheduled to last 2 hours: the first hour is with the entire team (excluding the main manager) and the second hour is with the director of the unit.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you fostered a relationship in your previous work experiences.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I went for an in-person interview (no phone screen) right away. I met with the following people individually, each for a half hour, one right after the other:
    1. Program Manager (would be my direct boss)
    2. Program Administrator
    3. HR Specialist
    4. Program Director
    5. Group interview with 4 future colleagues

Within a few days, the Program Manager called for references. A day after she talked with my last reference, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• -Have you ever had conflict with a coworker? How did you resolve it?
      -Name your best quality.
      -Name your worst quality.
      -What project are you most proud of and why?
      -Why are you interested in this position?

Answer Question

Statistics Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

CLUE is the UW's free, late-night, multidisciplinary study center located in Mary Gates Hall. I am a UW student when I applied for this part-time on-campus job. I applied on line and got an interview 2 weeks later. There are two interviewers, one is the manager of CLUE and the other one is a Statistics Tutor working at CLUE. This interview can be divided into 3 parts. First part is behavior and fit questions and there are about 15 questions there. Secondly, they give me three statistics questions and ask me teach and explain these questions to them as if they were the students with questions to ask. Finally, they give me a statistics quiz with 6 questions. I was asked to finish this quiz by myself and hand in it to the manager before I leave. It took me about 40 mins to finish this quiz.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if students only want you to give them answers and didn't pay any attention to your explain?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

I spoke with the head of the lab via phone conversation. Then, was asked if I'd like to apply for my own funding (fellowship) in order for them to afford me. After receiving the funding I was asked to join the lab.

Research Scientist III Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Found this job through a person in common working there before.
    I had the experience to this job but it was much more simple of what I was doing before. It took me months to decide and take the job since I was trying to find a better option. Times are difficult and I had to take it or live on unemployment...
    Several meetings with the boss until deciding to take the job

Interview Questions

• do you want this job? (it was a little bit down sizing to my expertise)   Answer Question

International Studies Processing Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Application: I applied online through the UW Hires website, immediately after which I received a confirmation email. However, it was over a month by the time I received a call to schedule an interview.

Interview: The interview was standard, they gave me a tour of the workspace, pointing out the various library stacks that I would work with and explained the expected responsibilities in great detail. They asked me to tell them about myself, and my past work experience and asked for specific examples in which I solved problems and overcame challenges.

Interview Questions

• After an hour long interview they tested me on my transliteration skills.   1 Answer

Accepted another offer.

Senior Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks – interviewed at University of Washington.

Round 1 of interviews started 7:30am ended 8:30pm, included breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Met with 24 people from the school of interest, including Dean, faculty, and staff; Conducted 30 minute lecturer

Point of first interview to actual hiring is between approximately 12 weeks.

Nothing difficult really. General questions to get a feel of candidate fit for the culture, specific questions to gauge subject matter knowledge, 30-minute lecturer to evaluate classroom presence.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through UW website and got a call for in-person interview. There were five people interviewing me. No technical question, only behavioral questions. They asked what is your strength, weakness, why should they hire you. Three out of five interviewers were friendly. There were two who just listen, never smile, never nod along and ask you difficult questions. I guess they are the ones who make the hiring decision. The whole interview took about 30 minutes.