University of Washington

Getting the Interview

89 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details I applied for the position online, at which point my resume was forwarded to the department and then I was contacted for an interview via email. I was not given an email update when my resume status changed, though it was updated on the UW job website.

The interview itself wasn't bad, though I was underqualified for the position and it showed. I found the interview panel (three people) to be professional and friendly. The questions were mostly related to the job, but they also tried to get to know me as well. It was a pleasant experience even though I didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – How will you handle working with and assisting people who have more experience than you?   Answer Question

GIS Program Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details Two 5-on-1 interviews.

Interview Question – What new programs would you like to develop?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No flexibility on salary.

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Washington in August 2013.

Interview Details Group Interview with multiple people

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult coworkers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was offered the position and salary as is.

Assistant Director of Development Interview

Interviewed at University of Washington

Interview Details pannel interview and one-on-one with the Associate Vice President of Advancement

Interview Question – explain your resume in a story   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details Will suggest to contact the professor directly to discuss the potential research project. Also contact her/his current graduate student will be extremely helpful given that professor are usually very busy to reply the emails.

Interview Question – No tricky question. Make sure you emphasize your research interest.   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details You pretty much have to know someone to get an interview/job in the UW system. Although i know this is the case with most jobs. I first had an interview with three department administrators followed by two phone interviews. It was all the "typical" interview questions,..strengths and weaknesses, how to deal with a difficult situation, how to deal with competing program needs...nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary in regard to "typical" interview questions.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details Applied through Huskyjobs (university job website) and got called for an interview few days later. Then whole process took less than a month.

Interview Question – Easy behavioral questions   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Washington in November 2010.

Interview Details Pleasant interviewers, 3 person panel. Wanted to know about my passion for the mission, how my education had prepared me for the position, wanted real life examples whenever possible. It was obvious that there was a definite need for the position to be filled, but an unwillingness to take just anyone. The position had been offered to someone that had lied about their work experience on LinkedIn, that individuals offer was then rescinded.

Interview Question – Following the interview I was asked to prepare a line item budget in Excel.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offered and Accepted.

Data Specialist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details Interview process was first a phone screening and then an in person interview. Enjoyable process. Questions were reasonable and they really seemed to want to find a good fit for both the employee and employer.

Interview Question – No trick questions here - just good old fashioned "tell me about a time when..." types of scenarios.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details Hired on second interview

Interview Question – Name a time you failed with a student and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate. They will offer the minimum. Counter offer-always.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Washington

Worked for University of Washington? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Washington interview questions and advice. All 89 interview reviews are posted anonymously by University of Washington employees and interview candidates.