Urban Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
Updated 15 Apr 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Small 10 minute interview that involves question on previous experience and jobs. They aim to judge personality. Also enquire about music taste, and working within a team, etc etc. Pretty standard interview. Quite passive interview style. You need a resume too. Prefer to be well spoken as well.

Branch Merchandising Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied for another role but was approached by the HR department if I would be interested in this role. I went for the interview and had fully prepared myself however I was given a maths test that I was not prepared for and did not manage to pass. I am aware that a role like this does require you to take a maths test but I was not told I would be given one and had wasted my time preparing for the interview. I was given more time than the allocated time but could not pass it so therefore could not do the interview itself.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First we introduced ourselves by answering a few questions. Name, age, where were from, favourite brand/ designer, favourite item of clothing and if you were given a £1000 what would you spend it on. After that we were told lots about the company before a second task which was a group one. We had to collaborate with a brand and create a collection with at least 4 pieces, making sure we kept in mind the target market and price range.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Called in for an interview. Usually it is a group interview but because a friend had referred to me, I had a one on one interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received good customer service and why was it so great?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It went really well. I applied in store. Got an email for an interview a few days later. It was a group interview with about 8 other people. Everyone was given the oppurtunity to talk. Some people dominated the conversation so you really had to fight for your oppurtunity to speak. A few days later I was called for a second interview with the store manager. It went really well. He was super pleasant. Was hired soon after and started working the next week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

The interview process took about a month. After you apply they communicate with you via email if they are interested in you. They sent me an email to download Hirevue. Through hirevue i had a video interview. They ask certain questions and you had a specific amount of time to prepare then a specific amount of time to answer.Its not like a skype video interview, you never talk with someone face to face but your answers are saved then sent to the employer. Then they emailed me to attend a group interview with the store manager. There were four of us there and we all got hired. As soon as we arrived to the store a UO employee directed us where to sit and wait. They then gave us a couple of forms to fill out then the interview process started. The manager was very nice. She asked about our experience, why we want to work for them, how we would handle a rude customer. About a week later I got a call offering me the job. *Just make sure that you dress like you work there and be confident. They like their employees to project good vibes*

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in March 2015.

Interview

Basically we were say down in a food court that was nearby the store, it was myself, 3 other girls and a manager. It was really laid back, he cursed a couple times and seemed to not really care about anything. He only asked two irrelevant questions and I felt like I didn't get a fair shot at an interview because he pretty much disregarded the whole thing. It sucked. I'm now waiting to see if anything will come of it. The ONLY two questions that he asked didn't tell much about anyone.

Interview Questions

• Name two celebrities that you want as your parents?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Santa Cruz, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The online application is very brief and includes a few questions that asks about your most recent UO experience, what inspired you to apply, and what you would consider as an ideal day. A few days after I submitted my application, I got an email that asked me to do an online interview. The online interview is not with an actual person, you just get recorded answering a series of questions. A few days after I submitted my online application, I got an email to do an online ethics survey. A few days after I completed the survey, I got an email for another interview at the store location. The interview was one-on-one with just me and the store manager. The store manager mainly asked me to go more in-depth with my online interview answers. The interview was very laid back and I was very comfortable. About a week later, I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest critique you have ever received and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The Whole Process took about a 2 Months

First I applied online, then a few days later I recieved an email to do the Video Interview, then 2 months later I got an email to come in for a 2nd interview then 8 days I got a call offering me the job.

For the Video Interview you want to be most creative to score that 2nd interview, I had some Andrew Bird playing softly in the background You have to draw a pic that best describes yourself and personal style. What I did was. I combined two of my favorite styles (grunge look and folk free spirited look) into a a drawing and how it makes me think of the smell of patchouli or Frankinsense What helped me was recording myself before I begin the Video. Advice is don't give up and be unique. Show off what you love, Im big into pure essential oils and organic cooking so I made sure I squeezed that in.. Also I am extremely shy and I attend to forget what I want to say. Before I would prepare days and days but this time I went in and gave honest simple answer. I believed that help the interview see who I really am

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were inspired?   1 Answer

Negotiation

8.75$ an hour.. It took me a while to get a job here, so I accepted the offer and I will work hard to get a rais later down the road.

Sales Associate- Holiday Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online on the URBN careersforsuccess website for the holiday sales associate position. A day or two afte applying I recieved an email inviting me to the store for an interview the next day. Once in store I was asked to fill out a paper with my availability. It was a group interview consisting of about 3 people. It was very relaxed and fun- more like a conversation between all of us!