VMware Interview Questions & Reviews

428 interviews

3.2

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at VMware in April 2013.

VMware had been to our college for recruiting intens for their Pune and Bangalore offices in India. The recruitment process started with we receiving a mail regarding the date and time of the recruitment process on our college mail.

The recruitment process consisted of a written technical and aptitude test. This consisted of questions on basic computer science, data structures, operating systems and mathematics.

The people who qualified for the next round were segregated into two groups: one for Pune office and one for Bangalore- I am not sure what the criteria was for this classification. After the people had been notified of their qualification and classification, they were asked if they had any issues with the location and could swap places, if they wanted. I was in the Bangalore office group.

The next round consisted of technical interviews. The Pune office had conducted 4 interviews- three technical and one HR interview. All three technical interivews lasted around 1 hour and the HR interivew lasted around 10 minutes.

There were 2 technical interviews for the Bangalore office. The first one lasted around an hour and the second one lasted around one and a half hour. The first interview consisted of questions on data structures, programming, basic problem solving abilities, academic projects, etc. The second interview consisted of questions on data structures, problem solving skills, programming, operating systems, basic computer science, etc.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty challenging- there is no single question I can hand-pick as the most difficult one.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in May 2014.

first round is written test in the college. then 1-1 technical interview in the office only then the Manager took the technical round. they will test your basic knowledge about the subjects. later some students were shortlisted for hr round. concentrate more on c c++ ds os basics of networks.

DSE (Kernel) 10+ Years of Exp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at VMware in May 2014.

I had an initial short Phone discussion with a manager followed by a technical telephonic interview by the panel (sometime in May this year).
    Post that I was invited for a day long tiring F2F interviews. I had 5 rounds of interviews (including Manager Discussion as concluding round) on this day of F2F ( in total 6 rounds). I was informed by the hiring manager that I would be kept posted about the progress.
    I even followed up with the coordinating HR, but didn't get any response from him (I took it as a very discourteous and unprofessional - Candidates, if they are spending whole of their day time, definitely would expect feedback from coordinators.

Further, again I got a call from the same Coordinating HR - He informed me that my "Resume is shortlisted for the telephonic interview" for the same position for which I was already interviewed earlier. I reminded him that I am already interviewed and he is supposed to give me the feedback of my past interaction. I received the standard answer that he will get back to me. I am though not been informed till this day.

It's really funny and completely unprofessional from the HR side - otherwise it was a good experience from interviewers side as they were very cooperative & courteous.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in May 2014.

The interview process was very smooth:
    Written test (very generic) no grammar test.
    Panel Interview
    Manager round

all these were done in one day and no waiting time got free in 3-4 Hours and I was told it will be half a day process.

Shortlisted candidates had HR round.

That is followed by background verification and you would need to mail all your certificates for the check.

Interview Questions
    • Create release notes and one essay question on any application of your choice.   Answer Question
    1 week

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vellore
    Anonymous Employee in Vellore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at VMware in June 2014.

There was a return test which has 3 sections . technical , aptitude and c++ /java. selected around 20 from a people of 130 . the cut off was 85% . then the shortlisted students had a skype interview call .

Interview Questions
    • asked for area of intrest and went deep into consepts . return contains c++ and java along with 15 aptitude and 30 techincal questions from the areas like dbms , c , os   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at VMware in April 2014.

The process was role focused and organisation fit focused rather than a memory dump. The interviewers were able to judge candidate ROI by asking questions which were requirement concentric rather than stretching an interview with questions that really don't matter. The interviewers were really friendly and displayed company culture of work life balance throughout the process. A good experience compared to other companies.

Interview Questions
    • SDLC life cycle and every aspect of requirements gathering , types of testing and stakeholder management. The questions were more around the resume and based on experience in the resume rather than out of the blue ones.   View Answer
    Once you are selected for Vmware , they make a very generous offer that there would be no need to negotiate. The work culture is on par with google. The people in the organisation are talented and very humble. The company has a start up culture where every employee is treated like a family. Overall an amazing place to work for hands down.

Global Technical Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in April 2011.

Process involved too many interview rounds. Every member in the team wanted to make sure that they are hiring the right candidate

Not too much negotiation is welcome

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at VMware in April 2014.

The interview process was actually very considerate and they tried to finish all the rounds in a day.

1. Written test - The only issue I found here (and some other companies as well) is they make you write using a pen and paper!! I think when you interview for a technology company, you must provide the interviewee with a computer. It saves paper and frankly, it had been so long since I wrote, it took forever!

2. Interview with senior members of the team - I think the girls who interviewed me wanted me to think like how their company works. I could only tell them how *I* work in my current situation. They were very critical and tried to make me get defensive which I did not appreciate.

3. Interview with the hiring manager - I liked talking to the manager who was more forthcoming with what he expected from the role and the plans the company & he had for the team as well.

Overall, everyone was extremely courteous and from the background I received of the team, it was a huge team and the growth opportunities were abundant, which was one of the main reasons I was looking for a change.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in January 2012.

Technical, HR

Interview Questions
    took very long time & they were performing detailed background verification

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vellore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at VMware in May 2013.

We had
    Written test,two techincal rounds followed by HR round.
    Firstly they gave us the internship for 1 year project
    later they liked the work and given me the full time employement

Interview Questions
    • Asked to write the code for the double linked list in data structures. :)   Answer Question

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!