VMware

376 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in January 2012.

Interview Details Technical, HR

Interview Question – nothing was so difficult to answer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – took very long time & they were performing detailed background verification

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Vellore

I applied through college or university - interviewed at VMware in May 2013.

Interview Details We had
Written test,two techincal rounds followed by HR round.
Firstly they gave us the internship for 1 year project
later they liked the work and given me the full time employement

Interview Question – Asked to write the code for the double linked list in data structures. :)   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at VMware in October 2013.

Interview Details 4-5 rounds of technical interview + 1 manager round. Technical discussion was mainly on C and Storage fundamentals. Interview composed of technical rounds with data structure and algorithms and bit manipulations.

Interview Question – Operating system internal questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was very good so i didnt negociate

JAVA Interview

Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at VMware in January 2014.

Interview Details Got call from HR from Banglore, For Telephonic Technical Round.

Interview Question – 1) This was pure Technical JAVA interview Questions, Same basic questions and then questions on socket programing.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at VMware in December 2013.

Interview Details There were 4 rounds of interviews totally. The first one being aptitude followed by 2 technical rounds and 1 Final HR interview. There were eliminations in each and every round. The aptitude had 30 questions of which 15 were mathematical and statistics solving with logics. The other 15 were english and vocabulary with time limit of 1 hour. The aptitude was pretty difficult.

The technical rounds was average. They majorly focus on your resume and projects completed during the graduation. They test your confidence and level of pressure. A few technical questions and candidates way of approaching a problem. Situational questions and other general questions like why VMware and what is your plan in the next few years. What is your expectation from the company.

HR round was all about the candidate. Hobbies, interests and character.

But the candidate cannot make out clearly as what they were looking and what is good and best.

Interview Question – You are assigned to do a presentation on a topic with in 5 years by your manager. There is no help available( Not your colleagues, cannot call someone, No internet, Cannot contact your seniors as they are in a meeting). How will you give the best in such a situation ?   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details It went through smoothly. One round telephonic was technical. This was followed by two rounds of technical F2F discussions. Finally, there was a managerial round. The technical interviews went well - mostly expected questions. Some programs to be written (Binary tree traversal, linked list, string matching). Unix internals. But, it took a couple of months to get the offer letter in hand - after I was confirmed selected.

Interview Question – Not difficult but a little unexpected. I was asked to design a chess game software. What data structures I would use was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate; was satisfied with the offer.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at VMware in October 2013.

Interview Details This is for 5 yr exp guys, for position of MTS-QA..There Process is Very lengthy, Took 2 days and 7 rounds. Day1: 5 round & Day 2: 2 rounds. In All Rounds Same Question almost(Stack/Queue/LinkedList)and write these below program using Java API and Without JAVA API.

Clubbing all rounds of Question

9.Unique in Array
10.MVC1 and MVC2 Design Pattern Difference
11.Singleton Design Pattern
12.How HashMap Works
13.About Equals and HashCode()
14.Comparable & Comparator Program.
15.About Project.

Interview Question – There was as such no difficult question, finally they put me on hold...   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details Applied thru portal and got the interview call.. first is technical round.. mostly with unix/windows/storage/vmware

All are telephonic interview

The interviewer is pleasant and friendly

After a week got the next round call from Hiring manager - very short about 20 minutes and felt very aggressive hearing from him...

After that i did not hear from them.. When i dropped mail also no response. Atleast they can reply about status either it is good or bad.. i have kept hold of other opportunities because of no response from vmware..

Interview Question – manager round is completely different.. he checks technical also along with the team management perspective type questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied through college and process took around 1 month. The process was smooth, started with a written test and then 3 telephonic interviews. The interviewer was very nice and guided me throughout the process.
They asked basic java questions about interfaces and abstract class, plus a lot of data structure questions.

Interview Question – Overall nothing difficult, basics should be clear though.   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Business Operations Analyst
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in December 2012.

Interview Details 1. I got a call from an HR to attend an interview as I applied through VMware career website. I went for an interview and a senior manager asked me about myself and my current role, why I want to change and all.. then they said they will get back to me.
2. I got a call from an HR again that my manager sits in US and would like to talk to me. I got the toll free number and conf number to dial in. It was late around 10 PM IST time for me so I was at home. It went well again. The manager asked me almost same questions and something related to HTML, CMS as the role was more of UI maintenance and design.. he said he will get back.
3. Now again I got a call from an HR that the manager wants me to meet F2F and interview me on Skype. had a call on Skype and again same sort of questions... It all went great
4. Then after a week or so I got a call from the HR dept and they offered me the job.

Interview Question – as usual why do you want to change your current job is the difficult question.. other than that everything was related to the job so I was able to answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate much but I would suggest to negotiate the compensation as I didnot do it and found it les...

Interviews for Top Jobs at VMware

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

VMware Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware interview questions and advice. All 376 interview reviews are posted anonymously by VMware employees and interview candidates.