VMware Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in March 2015.

Interview

1st was written(online) they concentrated more on technical (OS, CO, DS, C & snippets )
    After that was the f2f technical interview (3 rounds) and 1 HR. They concentrated more on Operating Systems ie., on scheduling, processes, virtualization . and in Data Structures , on linked list , trees and queues. they also asked basics in networking and either on C or JAVA.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware (Bangalore).

Interview

It was a hiring event scheduled for a new team to be set up in Bangalore. Here's the process:
    1) Pass a programming test online.
    2) 4 round of pure technical interviews. Mainly on linked list, trees, binary trees, maps, scripting, testing related.
    3) 1 HR round
    4) Results.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered a very good package. Didn't negotiate.

Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at VMware.

Interview

it was just a basic questions ..to test basic skills...keep solving basic programming questions and some of the operating system concepts ..which are commonly asked ..since it is based on virtualization ...be focused on virtualization...there were two technical rounds

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VMware (Pune) in February 2015.

Interview

Round 1
    Find last 10 lines in a file in most optimized way.

Find prime numbers till 1000 numbers
    And in most optimized way.

Gold bar puzzle to make 7 pieces and need to give it to worker in 7 days with minimum cut.

Wrong labels puzzles.
    A B A+B worngly labeled .find correct label in one way.

TCs for landline phone.

Round 2
    Circular linked list.

Find a loop in linked list and can go to any other element outside loop.

Making triangles from equilateral triangle exposed side and how many triangles will be made for n iterations.

Round 3
    Implement queue using stacks.

Tell Process block elements

Interview Questions

• Find a loop in linked list and can go to any other element outside loop.   Answer Question

Quality Engineering Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at VMware (Pune) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn.
    First round was a coding round at HackerRank site or if the candidate loath the coding evaluation, they were open to schedule a telephonic interview. - I chose coding evaluation.
    I was then selected for an interview event at Pune. They had a 5-day event and asked me for a convenient slot.

It was a complete forenoon-session interview (8am to 1pm) comprising of 4 rounds, each 45 minutes.
    4 different interviewers concentrated on 4 different areas; Networking / programming & logical answering/ Python & design patterns / Linux & OS

On the same day, they intimated that they were interested to proceed with the offer for me, but the location as Pune. But I had my preferred location as Bangalore.
    Later, I was offered the job in Bangalore location.

Interview Questions

• * given 3 linux machines A B C, how to make A reachable from B? - detailed answering on subnetting/ ARP
      * DHCP / BOOTP ? ARP/RARP ?
      * Python scripting - simple and difficult levels, tweaking with list / dictionaries
      * Linux commands, process/ thread?
      * Design an online Car parking system.
      * Puzzles

Answer Question

Technical Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware.

Interview

very good experience and they give you a very warm vibe.Be yourself and don't fake anything because they evaluate you on the basis of your answers and they'll counter check your answers.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process went for about more than 2 1/2 months with 6 rounds & A PPT presentation...if you have abundance of patient..and you are willing to wait... Be prepared for Last minute surprises..like interview getting cancelled..after your reach the premises..

Interview Questions

• Very basic project Questions. but also the trick is..Be prepared for Onsite Interview. Since he/she may not understand..how or what you do...as a project manager..they expect some different approach like lean...agile practices...that they expect you to implement in that project...like i said most of the indian companies..we only adopt what the organisation expect out of us...   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Interview was tough. Highly technical. They gave lot of time to think. It was more then 5 rounds but not bit cool. They don't pressurize on a question, Simply change it if you are stuck.

Member of Technical Staff -QE Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in November 2014.

Interview

There are total 4 technical rounds.In 1st round they asked implement Queue using Linked list.
    in the 2nd round they asked swaping of two nodes using recusion.
    find common element in 3 arrays in O(n) order.
    Reverses the linked list in one scan.
    Find loop in Linked List.without modifying the linked list.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in November 2014.

Interview

- The shorlisting was done based on the details provided in the Linked in .
    - The first round was a written test where you had to clear the programming test. The program was from Hacker earth.
    - If you clear the programming round then you were called for a face to face technical round of interview,
    - 1st round :
      - Manual testing concepts.
      - Automation testing concepts.
      - Puzzles / Brain teaser .
      - Simple program on the Java.

- 2nd round :
      - Implement Queue.
      - Concepts of Linked List.
      - Programming on strnigs.

- 3rd Round :
      - Linked List
      - Automation testing and details of the project
      - Program about linkedlist. ( Find middle element in one pass) . Find the duplicate element in the list.

- 4th Round :
     - 5 programming questions.
     - Puzzles.

As it was a drive , there was no HR round and we were told we would be given our feedback.

Interview Questions

• Even though you answer all the questions , there is no guarantee that you get the offer. So wait till you hear from HR. HR does not revert till you ask them for the result.   Answer Question
    • - The interviewer was not well prepared to take the interview. Though the answer to the questions were right the interviewer was pestering me for other solutions and he was satisfied only when it matched his expectation. This was not a good experience.   Answer Question