VMware

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

3.2

Technical Administrator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware.

very good experience and they give you a very warm vibe.Be yourself and don't fake anything because they evaluate you on the basis of your answers and they'll counter check your answers.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview was tough. Highly technical. They gave lot of time to think. It was more then 5 rounds but not bit cool. They don't pressurize on a question, Simply change it if you are stuck.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VMware in November 2014.

- The shorlisting was done based on the details provided in the Linked in .
    - The first round was a written test where you had to clear the programming test. The program was from Hacker earth.
    - If you clear the programming round then you were called for a face to face technical round of interview,
    - 1st round :
      - Manual testing concepts.
      - Automation testing concepts.
      - Puzzles / Brain teaser .
      - Simple program on the Java.

- 2nd round :
      - Implement Queue.
      - Concepts of Linked List.
      - Programming on strnigs.

- 3rd Round :
      - Linked List
      - Automation testing and details of the project
      - Program about linkedlist. ( Find middle element in one pass) . Find the duplicate element in the list.

- 4th Round :
     - 5 programming questions.
     - Puzzles.

As it was a drive , there was no HR round and we were told we would be given our feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Even though you answer all the questions , there is no guarantee that you get the offer. So wait till you hear from HR. HR does not revert till you ask them for the result.   Answer Question
    • - The interviewer was not well prepared to take the interview. Though the answer to the questions were right the interviewer was pestering me for other solutions and he was satisfied only when it matched his expectation. This was not a good experience.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff -QE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware in November 2014.

There are total 4 technical rounds.In 1st round they asked implement Queue using Linked list.
    in the 2nd round they asked swaping of two nodes using recusion.
    find common element in 3 arrays in O(n) order.
    Reverses the linked list in one scan.
    Find loop in Linked List.without modifying the linked list.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I have gone through objective Q/A round, 2-3 technical rounds then HR round.
    If it is through reference then you will have 3-4 technical rounds and if they are satisfied may be more technical rounds you will have and HR rounds.

Information Security/Applications Development/Enduser Comptuing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMware in October 2014.

Started with extremely difficult aptitude test.Filtered students had a GD round.15 students were shortlisted who had a technical interview.Which was more of HR.Then 6 were selected and an intense HR round was done. 2 were selcted and 2 were kept on hold.I was one among those on Hold. We had 2 more Interviews both were telephonic.One was Conducted by the manager in US and was intended to explain about the company,another was done by a HR from Bangalore,this was mostly managerial.

Storage QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at VMware in August 2014.

Got a call from VMware Bangalore.
    Interview got scheduled, asked to keep laptop with internet along.

In my case:
    Interviewer is not much interested in my previous role.
    He directly jumped to interviewing.
    He is much interested in the logical and analytic questions.
    Interviewer may ask to write one or two programs online (collabedit or something).

Interview Questions
    • • About yourself
      • Previous company’s profile role and other things.
      • SCSI ISCSI NAS SAN FCP real time questions around these.
      • flogi plogi
      • Why fcp?
          Can we use scsi cables in data centers? (cost is not a matter)
          Why add another layer fcp, why not scsi itself?
      • Virtual memory, paging,
          I have a 10GB file on HDD and RAM is 4g
          I want to change first and last bit of that 10GB file.
          Explain how this works?

• WAS ASKED TO WRITE 2 PERL programs
      - Read input from stdin and replace all vowels with upper case except 'u' and print to stdout.
      - I have an array of n elements.
          Find out if array has a sub array whose sum is 0.
          [1,2,2,-3], yes [1 2 –3]

Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware in June 2014.

There was a return test which has 3 sections . technical , aptitude and c++ /java. selected around 20 from a people of 130 . the cut off was 85% . then the shortlisted students had a skype interview call .

Interview Questions
    • asked for area of intrest and went deep into consepts . return contains c++ and java along with 15 aptitude and 30 techincal questions from the areas like dbms , c , os   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware in May 2014.

first round is written test in the college. then 1-1 technical interview in the office only then the Manager took the technical round. they will test your basic knowledge about the subjects. later some students were shortlisted for hr round. concentrate more on c c++ ds os basics of networks.

DSE (Kernel) 10+ Years of Exp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at VMware in May 2014.

I had an initial short Phone discussion with a manager followed by a technical telephonic interview by the panel (sometime in May this year).
    Post that I was invited for a day long tiring F2F interviews. I had 5 rounds of interviews (including Manager Discussion as concluding round) on this day of F2F ( in total 6 rounds). I was informed by the hiring manager that I would be kept posted about the progress.
    I even followed up with the coordinating HR, but didn't get any response from him (I took it as a very discourteous and unprofessional - Candidates, if they are spending whole of their day time, definitely would expect feedback from coordinators.

Further, again I got a call from the same Coordinating HR - He informed me that my "Resume is shortlisted for the telephonic interview" for the same position for which I was already interviewed earlier. I reminded him that I am already interviewed and he is supposed to give me the feedback of my past interaction. I received the standard answer that he will get back to me. I am though not been informed till this day.

It's really funny and completely unprofessional from the HR side - otherwise it was a good experience from interviewers side as they were very cooperative & courteous.