Vanguard

311 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Assurance Associate Interview

Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in February 2010.

Interview Details Four people interviewed me. You have to give actual examples from real life in order to respond correctly. Think STAR. Situation, Task, Action, Resolution

Negotiation Details – Not really a negotiation.

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vanguard in March 2014.

Interview Details I gave the recruiters a resume at my college career fair and they called me a couple weeks later to set up a phone interview. I felt that it went well and they said they said they would get back to me within 5 days. I ended up not getting another interview.

Interview Question – They asked me what i knew about FINRA.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview Details It is a very long process. Phone interview and very detailed in person interviews. The interviews are situational based using the STAR method - situation, task, action, result. Very detailed process. Some of it is duplicated and seems unnecessary.

Interview Question – The STAR questions. They want specific situations and actions.   Answer Question

Flagship Assigned Representative Interview

Valley Forge, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard in August 2010.

Interview Details Behavioral interview. STAR method. HR interviews first followed by hiring manager(s)

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you knew you had the right answer, your team leader was proceeding in the wrong direction doing things there way, and how you resolved the conflict.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations allowed. The salary offered was firm - take it or leave it.

Universal Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview Details Straightforward.

Interview Question – EVERYTHING is a behavioral based question looking for quantified and qualified resolution. Know your "STAR"s   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me their minimum amount for that job level, I countered for $2k more to start me at $30k.

Transition Case Associate Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in April 2011.

Interview Details All interviews are based on the STAR model and answers should be given in that format. Situation, Task , Action, Result. They are not looking for general ideas but real life examples. You are given a mock scenario to run through as if you are taking the call. You need to be able to list difficult client situations as well as positive ones. Dealing with difficult clients are tough situations.

Interview Question – What is one area that you need to work on to improve as far as your job performance is concerned.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One salary was offered

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied through Vanguard website and then received an email from human resources to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic. The recruiter asked me about my education and work experience and then asked a couple of behavioral questions. After this interview I was asked to fly out to their Scottsdale office for an in person interview. This consisted of around 15 behavioral questions and a case study.

Interview Question – Describe the difference between a money market fund, a fixed income fund, and a equity fund.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wanted to pursue other options.

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview Details First round is a phone interview lasting about 45 mins. Know how to respond to behavioral questions in the STAR method. Also, know some financial current events. Know what the difference between a mutual fund and an ETF are. Also, Know what an index fund is, the difference between fixed income and equities. Basic technical questions and easy behavioral for customer satisfaction questions.

Reason for Declining – Location was very far from me. Pay is very low compared to competitors.

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in February 2014.

Interview Details The interview process consisted of a thirty minute phone interview and an on-site interview the following week. The on-site interview consisted of two one-on-one interviews: the first being a behavioral interview and the second being a case study that involved role-playing a client call. Overall, a fairly easy interview that presented few issues and surprises - just make sure you are familiar with the STAR format for questions.

Interview Question – The role-playing caught me a little off guard, but again, it is fairly straightforward. During the phone interview process, friends I knew interviewing for the job claimed to have been given technical questions asking to describe the different types of financial instruments in the market and to go into detail describing the functions of a mutual fund. This largely depends on your interviewer since mine did no such thing.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wanted to seek other opportunities.

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Malvern, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview Details Applied online, 1 phone interview, 1 in-person interview.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vanguard

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!

Vanguard – Why Work for Us?

In 1975, a small but uniquely structured mutual fund company came into being. More than a quarter-century later, Vanguard is internationally known for exceptional client service and the highest-value products in the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vanguard interview questions and advice. All 311 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Vanguard employees and interview candidates.