Verizon

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a sales manager for a phone interview and invited to come into the office for a traditional interview with 48 hours. In-house interview consisted of two managers and a senior level executive asking previously determine questions. Very little interaction as they are only allowed to ask the questions listed. Finally contacted via a third party firm to verify employment history, salary history etc. once that was completed I was offered a position.

Interview Question – All situational questions. I thought the question about what you would do if you overslept your alarm was unusual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate, but there were salary bands in place. However, with a little convincing a max-band offer was secured.

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in March 2012.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with recruiter. Typical situational questions, review of resume & previous experience. I was transparent when discussing with the recruiter what I could bring to the table and what I was looking for. I'm not really sure why she scheduled me for the on site interview as this is clearly not what I was looking for.

Scheduled on site interview with Manager 1 week later. Held in conference 1:1. Review of resume & experience. The manager spent the majority of the time discussing the job, requirements and day to day functions. Was told that Account Executives aren't told what their revenue goals are. They are simply told you need to sell 8 ABC products and 2 XYZ products to hit budget. (This is bizarre!) Told that all sales people plan their appointments and they all "go out" to the field together, go to appointments and meet up again an hour or so later. This is micro management to the 10th degree. There seems to be tremendous opportunity for growth in terms of verticals but salespeople don't seem to have the flexibility or freedom to develop business. Day to day schedules are tight and inflexible as described above. Was told Friday is typically paperwork day so bulk of sales is Monday-Thursday. Was told cold calling was #1 method of getting appointments, blocks of time are scheduled for this weekly. Most seasoned salespeople have a book of clients from which to draw from. Warm/Hot leads where the relationships are already established with key decision makers! Why would I spend time cold calling when I have customers ready to sign and move forward based on previous relationship? This sounds like a telemarketer type sales structure with a manager that hovers over staff. Although compensation sounds slightly better than industry average, I can't imagine why a seasoned professional would want to be boxed in to this type of environment. I told the manager that I appreciated her time but that this was not going to be a good fit for me.

Interview Question – Very basic interview questions: Do you typically hit your sales goals? Tell me about a time when ...   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in October 2010.

Interview Details Human resources reviewed my credentials on Linkedin and call me for a phone interview. Then I completed a panel interview with 4 people. I was then considered a viable candidate and asked to complete an IQ/Intelligence test. Test and previous interviews produced favorable results which prompted me to be granted an interview with VP of Sales.

Interview Question – What are your weakness?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon employees and interview candidates.