Verizon Wireless Interview Questions & Reviews

855 interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2008.

written test, GD ,Technical interview,HR

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Solutions Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2014.

Online Application, then Online Assessment, then Phone screening/interview, then arrange for face-to-face interview with store manager, then final interview/screening. It really seemed as though the recruiter who contacted me for the phone interview and the store managers I met with had different ideas about what would make someone successful in the position so I felt as though I put on a very customer friendly face for the recruiter, but had to focus on more results driven aspects in my face-to-face interview. Seems to me to highlight the different attitudes/fits in the many roles with Verizon.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you want to make this year (before taxes or after taxes)?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

called for an interview, speak w/ manager, then H.R. rep. once taken for offer, you go to the office to perform a mock call with a guest about products and services and the account. assist with billing or technical issues or both.

Interview Questions
    • name a time you had a good experience and what was it about?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2014.

I first received an email asking to be set up for a phone interview the week of Aug 3. I was showed numerous time slots and told to pick one. I selected the week of august 10th.
    In the phone interview she asked me questions of why I want to work for Verizon. What I liked about the position, benefits, credo and what I did not like. She asked me about myself and verified my employment history on my resume. The then asked me STAR interview questions. After this she told me I had successful completed the interview and I would move on to the next step, which was the assessment test. During this interview you can tell it is scripted and they follow a flow.
    Assessment.
    Many people will say that if you can read and write you can pass the test! This is not true. If you are a regular are advanced computer user it will be like reading or writing. If you are not, you will have a hard time passing. I took my test on the week of the 17th. I showed up and was brought to a room with computers in it. Kind of like a voting booth but no privacy curtain. You can shop around for more info about the test. But this is what I remember (Each section is timed – countdown). First part is a basic survey and questions. For example I desire a job where (I do nothing all day or I am challenged every day). The next part is your regular questions about ethics and stuff. You know the ones about if someone stole something would you tell the manager. The next part is listening to customer calls and deciding the appropriate answer from Very good to the worst. Next part was like bingo. A number popped up and you had to find it in the card on the left side of the screen and click it. The net part was typing. Retyping sentences and typing recorded sentences. The next part was call routing. Incoming calls can in and you had to transfer them to the right department while also verifying numbers on the left side of the screen to see if they match. There may be a few other things I missed but you can find those if you hunt through the interview list. Now I did not finish one section so if you did make it on one section do not worry as I still passed. I want to say quality of quantity but I only missed one section. Also there is the critical thinking one with the boat. Someone else explained it will on here.
    Like I said this test is not for everyone. I am a strong computer user who can multitask and type 54 wpm. If you are on here, more than likely you will be able to pass the test. If you were smart enough to research the position. But if you do not use the computer on a daily base or know how to type there is a good chance you will not pass the test.
    I was then setup for another interview the next day. This was a interview with a supervisor. She asked me a few behavioral questions. A few questions about the job and my resume. We also played some role playing. She acted like a customer and I tried to help her solve the problem. She then asked me to sell her a item. I was caught off guard completely but I still made it through. I am not a seller. After this my interview was over and I received an offer the following week.
    So in total it took 5 weeks before I walked in the door full time.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They pay is set in stone.

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

They have groups of people coming and you will wait with others as you have first and possibly second interview. You will meet with an HR interviewer who is low level. Be neat, well spoken, smile, have a warm approach, emphasize you are always on time, have excellent attendance record, work well with managers, staff and are a team player that supports management goal as it not only helps the company but also employee job security to support goals and you will get the position.Have an answer as to why you want to work at Verizon.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions for handling difficult situations and people.   Answer Question
    This is a low level position so you will not have ability to negotiate much on terms, as this is a retail sales job.

Solutions Specialist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2014.

With Verizon, You must apply for their positions through their job site. It is not a difficult application to complete but it is a detailed one. Because I really took the possibility of working for this company to heart, I made a point of visiting the store and I got the opportunity to speak with the store manager who gave me one tip. . . BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION. I am putting the words in all caps because after following his advice I got a call the next day. I had applied to Verizon in the past with no response. From what I understand, the application is used as a way to weed out people. He explained to me that for every incomplete answer they deduct points. So really take your time with the application.

My first interview was on the phone. The woman was very nice and asked me very detailed questions (mostly about me and my work experience). Once I passed her interview, I was invited to do a face to face. With that said, It became clear to me very quickly that this face to face interview was not going to be like any other interview I'd ever been on. She gave me a product to study, sample questions, and a detailed description of their credo.

The woman even advised me to drop by one of the stores and ask around (which I did ). It is a good thing I took notes of the credo because one of their questions was about the credo. From all that I could tell, they want to make sure you are truly interested in the position and working for Verizon.
     Once I was in the interview room, There were about 4 to 5 other people sitting around me also getting interviewed. It is very important to stay focused and not distracted by all the chatter.

I personally, truthfully, had fun with my interview. As the manager was escorting me through the building, I was not sure if the interview was over until he asked me to sit down in the HR waiting area. When none of the other candidates from my round of interviews were sitting with me, I took that as a good sign. Once I passed his interview, I was interviewed once again by HR. in all, I spent about 3 hours being interviewed.

The next step in the process was, and this was a shock considering how some people told me it could take weeks for them to get back to me, the last interview with the person who will make you the offer. Now listen to me very carefully. you are not supposed to lie on a resume in any way but when the person on the final interview ask you detailed questions about your resume, try to fill in any blanks you think are there (like start and end day of a job). I personally tried to lay everything out on the table. I didn't want them to come back and tell me I lied or omitted information.

I was offered my position on the phone and I accepted with the biggest smile you would ever see. Once you take the offer . . . the real fun begins. You must go through the background check. Have documents ready just incase they ask for them. They give you 48 hours to complete your drug screening -so don't wait until the last minute. Once you pass the background check, you will get a follow up call. Believe me I was waiting by the phone because I want to work for them. When I got the call telling me I could go to orientation, I could do nothing but smile.

Interview Questions
    No, you cannot negotiate.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2011.

They barely called you in for an interview. I had to chase them down and when I did interview with them it seemed like they were racist. Then after we got past the first few questions I was expressing who I was and how passionate about life and he chuckled.

Customer Service Representative Interview

interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

There is a phone interview with an HR Recruiter and if you pass that you are asked in for a formal interview with a supervisor in the department you are interviewing for. They use STAR format so be prepared with REAL LIFE examples. They are almost all behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions are usually the conflict ones for people. Do not say you never have conflict as we all do at some point and that makes it sound like you are either hiding something or that possibly you do not/can not handle your own conflicts with others and therefore others are having to solve for you or you allow problems to go on without doing anything about them. Also, make sure you know their mission statement and Core Values. You can Google them, but typically they also send to you in email prior to your first phone interview.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate, but I did not as I didn't know that until after I started working there. I started working there when I was 19 and was not familiar or experienced with negotiating salaries at that time. However, I later became and manager and did hiring so the 2 tips I will give is never ask about it in the phone interview and second be reasonable based off the job and not so much your work history. There are millions of applicants for these positions at all times and VZW has an amazing compensation plan when you add everything up with the benefits you get so keep that in mind.

Technical Support Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Phone interview first, followed by a test you take in office on a computer that evaluates your ability to multitask, then, a month later you get a 1:1 interview with a call center supervisor. A month later, you get a call back with an offer. They use the STAR approach for interviews.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me of a time you've had to deal with a tough customer and what did you do?"   View Answer

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!