Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct 2014

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2008.

written test, GD ,Technical interview,HR

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Took about a month to get through all the interviews. Started with hiring manager, then phone interview with GM (store manager) then district and finally director. District Manager normally makes the call on hiring your though. Hope this helps!

Interview Questions
    • Questions on how you would handle different retail scenarios such as conflict among direct reports.   Answer Question
    No negotiation partaken. Offer was more than reasonable.

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Applied on 9/14..was emailed to schedule a preliminary phone interview on 9/15 first phone interview was on 9/16 it was basic employment history questions then was asked to role play I then had a face to face interview on 9/24 where it was normal "tell me about a time when" questions followed by a role play.. I was then contacted by HR again for another phone interview on 10/1 and at the end of the call I had a contigent offer based off a drug test and background check on 10/8 I was given the all clear and my training began on 10/20!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to earn a customers trust and how you did so..   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The initial interview is about an hour via phone, second interview occurs at call center with two HR reps. The company is very selective during the hiring process, very important to provide accurate information on the application. All information is verified for accuracy and candidate will be disqualified for false information. Company culture is awesome and geared towards the employee.

Interview Questions
    The company will likely give you a generous package.

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I applied, and was called in about a week to set up an interview. They said they do things different now, so instead of the initial phone interview that I read about on here, They have me come in on an interview day when many others were also interviewing. I had 2 interviews back to back. One was with a store manager and the other was with HR. Both of the questions were pretty similar in both interview - behavioral questions (what would you do if....?) They also both asked me to sell them something. Don't clerk the selling part; ask questions. I was then offered the position, and then had to go for the drug screen and background check process. The background check took about 2 weeks to come back and I started the following week.

Interview Questions
    When provided with their salary, I asked what the range is and they would not give it to me - The referred back to the compensation. I have since heard that they do have a range but won't tell you.

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Initially applied online. About a week later received an email that I had qualified for a phone interview. Scheduled that for a few days later. Lasted about 30 minutes, went over application and answered a few questions in the STAR format. Was informed I passed and scheduled a Skills Assessment for the following week. Skills Assessment lasted about an hour, 7 different parts as described in other reviews. This was pass or fail. I passed and scheduled a face to face interview for two days later. This was two parts, STAR format questions then role playing. Received an email that HR would review everything and I'd hear back in a few days.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

In this order there was:
    1) Online Application
    - Very simple. Straight forward. Basic candidate information. Fill in the blank questions, upload resume.
    2) Phone Screening
    - Basic phone screening. They go over the job with you then ask questions pertinent to the job and your resume. Many of the questions will ask about your sales and customer experience experience. They will also ask you questions based off of PDFs they asked you to read involving the company Credo, and the item of the month. Be sure to read them. There may be a roleplay involved.
    3) In person interview with a Hiring Manager
    - He will ask you similar questions as the phone screen, test your existing knowledge of verizon and phone companies, and about what other services verizon offers other than phones.
    4) In person interview with a store manager and an assistant manager
    - At this stage of the interview process, you're most likely already accepted. The hiring manager must've liked you, so you're already going to get the job. The store managers only want to talk to you so they can make sure you'll function well in the store. The best thing to do here is to mirror the energy level of the person leading the interview. If they're energetic, you should be energetic as well.
    5) Preliminary Job Offer with the Hiring Manager (3)
    - You will be made a verbal job offer contingent on passing a background check
    6) Background Check
    -Five things I believe are checked.
    -Drug Screening
    -Employment Check
    -Diploma/Degree Check
    -Criminal Check
    Citizen status/Able to work in the U.S. check
    7) Finalized Job Offer
    -You made it!
    -There is two weeks of mandatory training. One week of training in a group along with orientation, and one week of training for product knowledge in your actual store.

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Got a call, went to the interview, was asked a series of questions that did not make sense to the job that I applied for. They wouldnt give me the compensation information so I decided not to go forth with ther interview and waste either one of our time.

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

The process was pretty standard. The first step was applying online and passing a couple assessments. Afterwards I was contacted through email by a human resources employee, I was sent an email with a link to schedule my phone interview and some information to review including a cheat sheet on accessory and a job description with the company credo. The interview was pretty straight forward from what I remember just a couple questions and a bit of role play. I was then offered a second interview which I was similar but with more questions using the STAR format such as,"tel me a time.....". After passing my second interview I was sent an email with details on my next interview which was at a location with two hiring managers. At the interview I had two managers which remained expressionless and emotionless for the first half,.this quickly changed after the role play. Impressed with my performance they were able to open up more and told me more about the job and asked if I had any questions for them. The next couple days I was contacted by different store manager that wanted to schedule me for another interview at the location I had applied for. There I went through the same steps going through my third interview for a second time.After having another excellent interview I was contacted by HR and the manager to offer me a position.

Interview Questions
    • Why would we hire you out of all the other candidates?   View Answer