Verizon Wireless

720 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2008.

Interview Details written test, GD ,Technical interview,HR

Interview Question – Is education alone be for success   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Ithaca, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied through university recruiting and they came to campus to interview. Had two interviews: one was with 2 upper level people and one was with HR. HR interview was just discussing normal behavioral questions and the other one was literally just a conversation. They stated they assumed I knew my programming and skills so it was just to see if I would fit the culture. Talked about Breaking Bad and got the offer about 2 weeks after.

Interview Question – What do you regret most in life?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I really wanted to do hardware but this was more software based.

Customer Specialist Interview

Wilmington, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and received an email inviting me to an open house. A friend's husband had referred me. I had applied before and never gotten a reply.
I attended the open house and had a very short interview with a couple of questions about my resume and 4 behavioral questions (Name a time when...) after which I got a tour of the call center and was scheduled an assessment test. Google the questions they ask to be prepared.
The assessment was a 7 part test designed to test your ability to multi task, type, and logic. As long as you can type reasonably quickly and multi task you will be fine. I was told upon completion that I passed and would be receiving a phone interview.
The phone interview was short as well (maybe 20 minutes) with more behavioral questions. Just be able to explain a difficult customer experience, your selling technique, a time when you had to tell a customer no, etc. At the end I was told I was moving forward and set a time for my final in person interview. I prepared a list of possible answers to questions since I am horrible at coming up with answers on the spot.
The final interview was the most nervewrecking. It was a few more behavioral questions and then a listen and answer portion. I had to listen to real customer calls and review the Customer Specialist's responses. I didn't get any feedback and felt like I got the brush off when I was told I'd be contacted by a "rep" but I received a call from HR with an offer within the week. The 7 panel drug test had to be completed within 48 hours of the offer and the background check took about two weeks. They asked for a high school diploma which I didn't have but my transcripts sufficed. After that Verizon called to confirm that one issue had come up but I told them it could only be the one I had already told them about. the guy called me back a couple hours later to confirm I got the job.
I will say at multiple times I thought I had failed or they weren't interested. It is a difficult process but worth it!

Interview Question – Name a time when you had difficulty with new technology. Name a time when you had to read between the lines of a customers needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. You either accept or decline.

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details Been years since i interviewed however they will ask you to sell them a pen? about situations where you went above and beyond to help someone out? situations where you needed help and how you went about getting it? Why choose you for the job?

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2010.

Interview Details HR interview. Two in person interviews

Interview Question – All the questions are "Situation, action, result"   Answer Question

Retail Sales Development Program Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details After completing the application and the assessment, the next step is some calls and briefly speaks with you about the job. This call is about 15 minutes. They describe the job in dtail and ask if you are still interested. If you are still interested, they will schedule you for a phone interview. the phone interview takes about 45 minutes to an hour. They go over your resume and discuss your work history. They ask some STAR questions. They will ask to verify any work history, educational history, and criminal history. This is the opportunity to correct anything that may have been incorrect on application (such as salary or dates worked at a job). You are called later to schedule the second interview which is the face to face interview with your potential supervisor, which is the district manager, and one of the store managers from one of the stores in the district in which you will be working. That interview will take about 1 hour going over the same type of questions (STAR questions). About two weeks after the final interview, they called and extended the offer for the position. They then ask if you will accept. They will give you the opportunity to think about it. Once you accept, the will send the offer letter and advise you to look out for an email from the contracted background check company. The background check company will contact you directly by phone or email with any questions or concerns. Within 24 hours of the offer, you will have to complete a drug screening at a local lab. The background check takes about a week if everything checks out smoothly. With one of my employers, I had to submit a W-2 for proof of income due to no verification process with that employer so they will reach out to you for any information they need to complete your background check. After the background check, they will schedule you for training.

Interview Question – All of the questions were to be expected. They asked about working on a project and everyone was not pulling their own weight. They ask about a situation in which you were wrong and had to correct it. They asked about strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer

Verizon Wireless Retail Leader Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details Typical retail job interview. Why do you want to work for Verizon? What challenges have you faced and how did you overcome them? I was also questioned about all of my previous jobs and why I left them and what I did or didn't like about them, including current job.

Interview Question – I wasnt expecting to be asked about my first job I had when I was 15.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Champaign, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details was contacted through HR from a referral from a friend, had my first phone interview, on the spot was schedualed for my second one, then after that i was called in for a face to face interview, i still havent been contacted for a final HR interview.

Interview Question – Sell me anything in this room, (i chose to sell him his iphone)   View Answer

Network Technician Interview

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details The hiring process is typical. Apply online and HR or the hiring manager will contact you for an interview. I was hired fairly quickly...depending on the department, training periods will vary. Some depts. rely on other employees to train you while toggling their responsibilities. This is a very fast paced environment.

Technical Support Coordinator Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

Interview Details took a computer knowledge test, passed on the spot and an interview date was set up, interviewed with HR and then a Supervisor.

Interview Question – What will you like to improve on.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless interview questions and advice. All 720 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.