Victoria's Secret Stores

Getting the Interview

464 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2013.

Interview Details Applied in store. Received a call back. Group interview. Got the job!

Interview Question – What do you expect here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview was fairly easy for me at least. I was one of four girls and 3 out of 4 of us have had retail experience already. I showed up 15 minutes early and was told to come back in 10 minutes because the other girls haven't shown up yet, so I just looked around the store. The assistant manager gathered us and took us to a table at the food court, pulled out our applications and I saw that mine was checked 'Yes' already before anything started which was great! I applied in person and came to the store regularly so I was a familiar face already. She told us that she was gonna ask us questions one at a time and she always asked me first. Only asked us about two questions each, then went into the job detail and what she expected etc. Then afterwards we all thanked her for the interview and she told us that the actual hiring manager was on vacation so we'd hear back a week later when she returns. Then it was over.

Interview Question – 1. Have you ever up sold a customer?
2. Sell me your outfit.
questions for the other girls were
-How would a manager describe you in 3 words?

she asked if we knew our sister sizes
asked the difference between servicing a customer and selling

FYI : I was the only one who showed up in all black clothing since it's their uniform and I was used as an example for appropriate dress attire so wear all black!
smile naturally and be cheery and confidence with a positive attitude
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – there wasn't any

Flex Associate Interview

Muskegon, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details I was hired over the summer for SAS, but no one got back to me for about a month after my second interview. I had gotten another job in the mean time assuming I didn't get hired. The managers did not communicate and whom I had my second interview with went on vacation and no one knew that I was supposed to get hired. I was then again given an interview for Holiday and had to keep calling them to find out what was going on. It was very stressful and I really did not like the hiring process. It was all very unorganized.

Interview Question – I thought all of the questions were very reasonable.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details Turned in my application at a store and before I could even make it out to my car a manager had called me asking to come back for an interview a few days later. It was a group interview with myself and about five other women. We went around the circle and answered the same question. Make sure you offer a unique answer and don't just regurgitate what someone else before you has said. I was called back the same night and offered a position.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty run of the mill, just know your strengths and how to make your weaknesses look like strengths.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details I walked in and asked about an application. The manager told me they were looking to hire at least 3 new people. I turned the application in about 4 days later and they signed me up for an interview on the spot. The interview was about 20 minutes and was professional. I heard about getting the job less than a week after the interview. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – How would you conduct a bra fitting and what would be most important to help the customer feel comfortable while getting one?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation on the pay. I was told that raises were given often to high performing employees.

Interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores

Interview Details The hiring process was smooth. Went in for interview and received the position. The manager was friendly and we just talked about work experiences and the company.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate Interview

West Des Moines, IA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details The Brand Director and Operations Manager (BDOM) gave a group interview. It was right before Black Friday in a manager's break room full of office supplies, a crappy card table, and a dinky computer monitor.

Interview Question – None. However, it would have been easier to answer if they BDOM would have rotated the first person to answer her question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a wage above minimum, $8.50

Cash Wrap Interview

Manchester, CT (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied in the store, and one of managers asked me some general questions about my previous employment, where I went to school, etc. She was very pretty, typical gorgeous blonde that you would expect to work there, which intimidated me a little (being a little natural hair African American woman), but she seemed very nice, and told me to she'll talk to the manager. the next week I got called in for an interview. I came in, where I had to wait until the manager could take the time to interview because they were busy. I had a quick interview with who i thought to be the general manager, and the manager who first encouraged me came in for a few seconds and asked the same questions again. It took about 20 minutes. The next day I got an call asking me to come in to orientation.

Interview Question – General interview questions, nothing out the ordinary that needs to be reviewed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any. I was part time for the holiday, and if they liked me, they would keep me. The manager told me all she could offer was 9.00, which was okay with me.

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in December 2013.

Interview Details It was around the holidays when the store initially opened and they were also looking for new employees. I just went in and asked anyone if they were still hiring and then a guy got me an application. He told me that I had an interview on the Friday in the same week and told me to fill out the application. So fast forward to Friday, I came in at 2PM and there were probably about 10 other girls standing there with me. We ended up waiting way later than expected and there were people coming in at 2:30PM because they didn't keep the interview starting time consistent for everyone. Needless to say there were probably about 20 other girls sitting in a tiny little room. Anyway, so the interview was an extremely lengthy one because there were so many people being interviewed at once and it was pretty unorganized. I found a lot of questions to be unexpected and for the most part they demanded that you had some retail or previous experience because otherwise you were unlikely to answer the questions.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you really listened to someone" "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond in customer service"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details Initial communications to set up my interview were disorganized, but the group interview itself was more oganized and lended to the team aspect of working for this company. the hiring and training processes were extremely fast and smooth compared to the interview process.

Interview Question – tell me about a situation you wish you handled differently and why.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Victoria's Secret Stores

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores interview questions and advice. All 464 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees and interview candidates.