Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

2.2

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Applied online via their website and got a phone call a week later.
    The phone call was a phone interview where I was asked my availability and about previous job experience and experience of working within a team. I was then asked "Why Victoria's secret?" And subsequently invited to a group interview for the next day.
    At the interview there were 4 of us, then we were lead into a training room and split into 2 groups of 2.
    We had to introduce ourselves and say an interesting fact. We then did a group exercise and were interviewed and asked questions in our pair.
    After this we were given a random item of stationery from a bag and had to sell it for a minute.
    Got a call the next day saying I had been offered the position.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

there was a group interview. there were lots of behavioural questions like what customer service means to you ? what do you do if there is a long line of customers....

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I applied at a local VS, make sure when you turn in your app you ask for a manager and speak with them and give the app to them.. it did take 8 days for me to get a call back so don't get discouraged! I was called on a Sunday for an interview the next day, and as expected it was a group interview with 2 other girls. I was the only girl to wear all black and the manager later thanked me for that.. The questions were simple we all had the chance to answer, I answered first the most, but you want to let the other girls talk too, at the end we made sure our availability was correct and that our references were good ones. This is super important because in order for them to hire you they need to speak with 2 references so make sure you have reliable ones! 4 days after my interview I was called for on boarding the next day which is basically all your training.. I was the only one from my interview for on boarding also. Very easy process!

Interview Questions
    • Would you feel comfortable selling at least 250 dollars worth of merchandise an hour?   View Answer
    Make sure you have good references that will call the managers back, and wear all black to your interview, and be confident! VS strives to make women confident :)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

After submitting an application in the store, I was called back for an interview (I believe most are group interviews). A group of girls sat around in the break room and the manager asked a few different questions to each candidate.

Interview Questions
    • They were all fairly expected questions, mostly regarding customer experience. Several questions require you to give an example.   Answer Question
    Pay was not negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Paper application. Called in for a group interview. Must be very brand loyal and excited to work with VS and Pink brands. It helps if you wear professional attire to the interview. Do not be afraid to speak up. The questions are asked generally and not just to one person. Don't be the one who is quiet the whole interview.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate pay, but should have. Whatever you put on your application is about what they offer you. I would at least put $9 an hour. When I left, I found out some of the girls were making that.

Sales Associate Interview

I filled out paper app, had interview the same day ! It was a group interview as expected but it turned out to be just two of us ! Interview was fairly easy,basic questions! Offered on the spot as long as references checked out.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to demonstrate a product ?   Answer Question

Beauty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Apply in person, please please please fill out application fulling. It looks better and this is also a tell tell sign someone is very interested. If it doesn't apply fill in N/A of course. Group Interview, where black even if you plan to work in Pink. It's professional and job interview appropriate.

Interview Questions
    • do not remember do not remember do not remember. pretty easy going interview, just know varies in the area you plan to be in like if beauty variety of perfume scents, bra's colors, body type, Pink, sport girls, older, women, college girl. Think on how you have to customize your sales approach to each individual   View Answer
    Accepted

Sales Associate Interview

First there was a group interview. Very general questions, interviewer asked which category each of us would be most interested in. Second round of interview is one on one with category manager.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward questions. Regardless of which category you are in, they want you to be able to sell their credit card so be ready to role play that.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Canada, ME (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Canada, ME (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Very easy and friendly interview. Basic retails questions. Applied during job fair and got scheduled for a group interview. Was interviewed by two category manager. After interview was over was told that we would be hiring within a week and if we didn't then they have our files for 6 months. No unexpected questions everything was typical questions about yourself or work background.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Went in the store early September and asked if they were hiring. I put in my application the following week. I was then told to come back in October. I went back September 30 to show my face and let manager know I was still interested. Went to the store two times in two weeks to check on application. Got called for an interview on the third week. Had a group interview the next day with 5 other girls. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Manager was bubbly and funny but very professional. Only a few questions were asked. After that they told us they'd give our references a call and call us back. Got the call two weeks after interview offering me the position!!

Interview Questions
    • What kind of skills could you bring to Victoria's Secret?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay was more than what I asked anyway.