Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Applied in stores. Called a day later to set up an interview for the following week. The interview was very short, probably about 15-20 minutes, really casual. We sat on a couch right outside of the store. Not really any hard questions asked. They called about a week later asking for my references and then called back a couple hours later to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    None but they pay they offered was far more than I had expected so it didn't matter to me.

Sales Support/Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2014.

Interview will be with one of the managers. Consists of a group interview done in 3's. Manager will ask a series of questions to each candidate. They usually ask 1-5 questions, duration of interview is 20-40 mins depending on the length of response to answers I'd say.
    VS is very keen to your availability they tend to base some of their decision making on this and they do call all your references! so make sure they are reliable ones and good ones.

Interview Questions
    • What did you first notice while entering the store?
      How would you sell the angel card to the customer?
      while being employed by VS, we do a little bit of everything. How do you balance out what and how you start your duties for a shift?
        Answer Question

PINK Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2012.

The interview process for Victoria Secret Pink took about 2 weeks. They ask for two references just make sure you check out. They usually ask your references what three words they would use to describe you. Also the interview was very casual. I had two interviews. The first one was just filling the application out and general questions by one manager. The second interview was held with another manager and two other girls. They are looking for some one that fits into their Pink girl theme and has their own unique personality. If you get the job they do an on boarding/training process which is 6 steps and can take sometime, but you get paid for it. Also scheduling for hours depends on how flexible you and how many girls work there. You can easily swap schedules with another girl if you need more hours or if something comes up. Although sometimes it can be hard to get hours if there are a lot of girls already working there, but if you talk to management about your concerns they are accommodating. Your co-workers are young and alot of fun and make time go by fast.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was "what is the first thing you notice in a store?"   View Answer
    • They asked " how you would approach a customer? "   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. It is a set hourly wage. However,there is room for advancement if you become a good sales rep either in the fitting room, bra specialist, stocking room manager etc. Then of course there is a raise.

Bra Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in March 2014.

For myself it was a little bit more extensive because I spent so much time negotiating. The interviews were all very easy. Three overall for me; one of which was a group interview. And I did a lot if checking up on my application and basically going to talk to the manager about sales and experience. It's easy to get a job there but takes a bit more patience and persistence to get a good one. Don't sell yourself short and make very clear what you want from the company.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything to out of the ordinary for this job. Just your basic sales interview questions. Just make sure to really review as many sales tips as you can and talk about how you would sell the product and what makes you love it and you will easily impress the hiring manager. You could really impress them buy discussing how the sales numbers affect the stare's overall performance directly.   View Answer
    This is definitely a negotiating company. I was offered the position I applied for and then told it was unavailable and offered a much less desirable position which I turned down. I was then offered a different position which I only accepted after a lot of negotiating on hours and hourly pay rate. Do not sell your self short with this company. They will try to get you for a good "price" but if you show them how valuable you are to the company they will offer you something better.

Sales Associate Interview

I was interviewed at the storage room of the store and the atmosphere was kind of serious and professional. The hiring manager held a pretty quick interview for me so I could say that she wasn't interested in me. Overall the interview isn't hard. It all just depends on the need of the store for new associates.

High Velocity Associate Interview

Applied in store in dt toronto with a quick screening process with a manager on duty. She asked why I was applying, why VS etc. What makes a good sale associate. Offered a interview on the spot for the following week. It was a group interview with 12-14 other girls, it was a little crammed in the back office with 2 managers. We went around answering questions. it took about an hour in total.

Interview Questions
    • Last question, if you had to pick 2 people in this room to get the job, whom would it be and why?   Answer Question

Bra Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2014.

I Applied in one of their newest locations. the interview was with a group of managers each one asked a question. Managers were friendly and professional. The interview lasted less than 15 minutes

Interview Questions
    • They asked the usual retail questions nothing major or difficult.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

PINK Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waikïkï, HI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waikïkï, HI (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2014.

Found out that the company was hiring through a craigslist post and didn't think i'd get called for an interview. A few weeks later I got called back for a first group interview session and told if they were interested they'd call us back for a second session, 2 days later got the call back and asked what department we wanted to work in (I decided to go for PINK) and met with the manager for that PINK department, pretty easy going and laid back I would say. A day or two later I got a call back from the general manager with an offer.

DON'T FORGET TO WEAR BLACK TO THE INTERVIEW. Dress as if you were a worker at Victoria's Secret and follow their dress code of black and "business type" wear.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2014.

Submitted application online, got called to come into a group interview. There were about 12 people there, the interview went for about two hours. Very in depth process, testing team work skills, selling skills, how you respond under pressure, how confident you are talking to people, how you would handle different work problems, etc etc.

Interview Questions
    • We each had to stand in front of the group and do a sales pitch for whatever product we were given.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied, got called because they were interested,had a group interview- made sure I answered all the questions but in the appropriate amount of time, don't drag on, but don't let another interviewee outshine you. They call you back if they want a second interview, I was called later that day, scheduled a second interview with a higher up manager, was called and told I got the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!