Visa Inc.

Updated 2 Mar 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2015.

I applied through campus. There was an online exam initially which consisted of 2 coding questions and 6 mc rounds.
    Then there were 3 rounds of f2f interviews done back to back.

Interview Questions
    • Project was the most crucial thing to get selected.
      Palindrome of a string.
      JOIN queries in MySql, normal forms in DBMS.

View Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore
    Anonymous Employee in Vellore

2 coding questions with 6 sections of mcq of hadoop, c mcq, operating system , infrastructure support the face to face interview .. 100 students applied 7 got placed

Senior Build and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2015.

Hr called and arranged the 1-1 interview.
    Interviewer did not go through my CV before or at the time of interview.
    Interviewer seems has good technical experience.
    But he lacks what he is expecting from the job seeker.

Interview Questions
    • Multiple questions on linux commands, syntax's , Jenkins internal structure , production server deployment and SQL and DB   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chennai
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. in December 2014.

A multiple choice test comprising of topics across all the domains of Computer science like Networking,infrastructure,Machine learning/Hadoop(these were a tough ask),Operating system and application security. Also there were two programming questions which were easy enough.
    The questions were as follows:
    1. Given a word find the value of it according to a certain rule (The alphabets were given a value in a Fibonacci sequence)
    2. Given resources and their worth and total time find the maximum value you can obtain from them.(Was a simple DP implementation)

First Interview: The Interview started with basic "Tell me about yourself". Then the interviewer asked me a few questions on OOP's namely on Data encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism. Then he asked me one question on a binary tree.

I didn't get through to the next round. There were 3 rounds of interview in total.

Software Engineer Interview

in online test, six sections are there. first section consists of two coding questions,rest all sections are mcq's. they are asking from computer networks , java , securities mainly. coding questions are very simple.mcqs are very easy and they are asking from meching learning also

Senior Software Engineer Interview

good analytic skills required and need very deep knowledge on JAVA, Spring and hibernates. Collections, Multithreading and JVM process will be helpful. Work experience challenges and how was it resolved and whats your part in it.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Inc..

3 rounds
    1 telephonic-mostly sorting algorithms, working of stacks queues, asked 2 questions- a number most repeating num from 1-100
    2 hackerrank online coding- 3 sections, 1st mcq(ask time complexities of codes),2nd and 3rd programming quest
    3 onsite technical- will ask a sorting algorithm or basics about programming

Interview Questions
    • given a fraction, reduce it to smallest fraction possible. Example: 12/15-->4/5   Answer Question
    • what would be the complexity of given gode--> will have a code with at most two for loops   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I met them at a career fair and they scheduled an interview within two days. The first round was technical, and asked some pretty simple questions. There were two more such interviews, one that assessed general problem solving and the other emphasizing coding (some questions were a bit challenging). The last round was a behavioral interview, but had easy questions overall.

Software Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Submitted my application online through my college career site and got the interview. Asked me some conceptual questions and 1 technical question. Interview process was good however the recruiter did not seem very organized.

Interview Questions
    • What does the garbage collector do in Java?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

I applied online and was called for an in-person interview. I talked to an HR rep over the phone and one of the hiring managers in person. He asked mainly behavioral questions, but was very condescending. He looked at my resume as well and asked questions based on activities and skills.

Interview Questions
    • Name an example of a time you displayed leadership qualities.   Answer Question