Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
Updated 15 Apr 2015

2.8

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Bangalore) in March 2015.

Interview

1: Lot of wait time. Keep waiting for hours between different interview rounds
    2: The interview started with Hiring Manager and went until HR rounds. If they don't find you good they will reject you in the first round itself
    3: The interview was a combination, on both Technical and Leadership/Management skills with more emphasis on whether the Manager has fired any one in the team or not.
    4: Few questions were on the Performance Appraisals and Conflict Management
    5: All the interviewer were quite polite.
    6: After all my technical round finally I meet with the HR and she tried understanding my salary structure and how much hike I want. She also gave me a brief idea about how the Salary structure is in VISA and if I am given offer how fast I can join. Finally she told they are accessing few more candidates and she will come back to me within a week time again as it will take some time for them to finish things and it ended in a good note.
    7: Waited for 2 weeks and no response came. Finally I reached out to them out of curiosity and was surprize to get an answer that my skill sets does not match there requirements.

Few questions to all the Interviewer and HR
    .....................................................................

1: How did they call me for the interview when my skills were not matching. Need to strengthen there screening process
    2: How did I passed through the multiple Technical Rounds. Are the interviewers not able to know while interviewing me that my profile is not matching to the requirement
    3: Finally though it was not an offer discussion, how come HR tried understanding the Salary structure and explained VISA salary structure and finally asked the candidate when can He join in case an offer is given. I have never seen in my entire professional career HR asking these questions to a candidate whose skills does not match to the requirements

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Bangalore) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was very streamlined. I had five rounds in one day. It included Technical, Aptitude, and HR discussion. The Manager and HR people were polite during the process and all my questions were satisfactorily answered.

Interview Questions

• What were the challenges you faced during your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You have to accept the fixed compensation they have.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Warangal) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus. There was an online exam initially which consisted of 2 coding questions and 6 mc rounds.
    Then there were 3 rounds of f2f interviews done back to back.

Interview Questions

• Project was the most crucial thing to get selected.
      Palindrome of a string.
      JOIN queries in MySql, normal forms in DBMS.

1 Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Vellore) in February 2015.

Interview

2 coding questions with 6 sections of mcq of hadoop, c mcq, operating system , infrastructure support the face to face interview .. 100 students applied 7 got placed

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Surathakal) in February 2015.

Interview

It was on-campus. VISA is setting up a new tech office in Bangalore for which they are recruiting from IIT and NIT pretty aggressively. There were 3 interviewers, all pretty big shots at VISA's US and Singapore offices. They treated every candidate with respect and made a very good impression on the students in general.

Interview Questions

• Very varied questions. Equal importance given to a lot of subjects. Check candidate experiences on geeksforgeeks. Don't focus on just DSA.   Answer Question

Senior Build and Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Bangalore) in February 2015.

Interview

Hr called and arranged the 1-1 interview.
    Interviewer did not go through my CV before or at the time of interview.
    Interviewer seems has good technical experience.
    But he lacks what he is expecting from the job seeker.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions on linux commands, syntax's , Jenkins internal structure , production server deployment and SQL and DB   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Chennai) in December 2014.

Interview

A multiple choice test comprising of topics across all the domains of Computer science like Networking,infrastructure,Machine learning/Hadoop(these were a tough ask),Operating system and application security. Also there were two programming questions which were easy enough.
    The questions were as follows:
    1. Given a word find the value of it according to a certain rule (The alphabets were given a value in a Fibonacci sequence)
    2. Given resources and their worth and total time find the maximum value you can obtain from them.(Was a simple DP implementation)

First Interview: The Interview started with basic "Tell me about yourself". Then the interviewer asked me a few questions on OOP's namely on Data encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism. Then he asked me one question on a binary tree.

I didn't get through to the next round. There were 3 rounds of interview in total.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

in online test, six sections are there. first section consists of two coding questions,rest all sections are mcq's. they are asking from computer networks , java , securities mainly. coding questions are very simple.mcqs are very easy and they are asking from meching learning also

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

good analytic skills required and need very deep knowledge on JAVA, Spring and hibernates. Collections, Multithreading and JVM process will be helpful. Work experience challenges and how was it resolved and whats your part in it.

University Recruiting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I applied online via the career website and was contacted by the Recruiter about a week later. The process consisted of an initial phone interview with the Recruiter, then HM, and finally on-site interviews with the team in their Foster City office. The entire process took about 4 weeks. Behavioral based interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.