Volcano Corporation Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jun 2014

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Volcano Corporation

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Volcano Corporation.

Interview process went very well. It was a one on one interview with a very knowledgeable VP. Very direct questions on current process for marketing. They were open to new ideas on marketing.

Interview Questions
    negotiation on salary and benefits went pretty well

Software Developer Interview

The phone interview was roughly 30 min long. I was being asked many technical questions as well as my past experiences and current projects. The questions were highly technical but they mainly focused on C++. Overall the process was short and simple.

Complain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Volcano Corporation in October 2011.

The interview was one to one with different managers for which I would be working for/with in case of being hired. They asked general question about myself and what idea do I have with respect to the company and products. Also they describe the job duties and expectations.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Volcano Corporation in January 2010.

I was contacted by the HR Manager to verify my skills and qualifications.
    I was then invited to meet with the Director and the VP of HR.
    Both interviews went very well.
    I was asked to give them a minimum of two weeks to make their decision about being invited back for a second interview.
    I sent both a thank you letter, and the VP actually responded with indication that we would meet again.
    After weeks, and no word from the company, I followed up with an email to both the Director and the VP.
    I immediately received an email indicating that they would call me immediately.
    The HR Director called me to apologize for not informing me that they move on with another candidate about a week prior. She indicated that she thought that she already communicated to me and that she did not realize that she had forgotten.

I find it difficult that employer expects candidates to be professional, yet they are so unprincipled

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Volcano Corporation in April 2009.

First met with hiring manager and the HR person.
    then met at a later date, peers and direct report--about 8 people.
    They all seemed to think that their work/products were much more sophisticated and challenging than comparable work in similar companies. A bit of an elitist attitude; an us against the world attitude