W.W. Grainger Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

Account Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

behavioral interview lasts about one hour with some difficult questions about your previous job. Likes and dislikes. "The will do a background check and a drug test before you can be hired.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

There is a three interview minimum with different levels of management. Be sure to plan for your career and how you will succeed. Be sure you know how to plan and execute against your plan. The hiring process is long and will take several weeks to know where you stand.

Interview Questions
    • Initial interview is mostly behavorial questions such as "tell me a time when..."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2014.

I applied through my college career website and talked to the recruiters at an information session to schedule an interview. Interview consisted of behavioral questions mainly. Examples below.

Tell me about a time when you had to figure out a task with a limited amount of information

Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision and how did you handle it

Changing for the Worst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Very behavioral driven interviews...........Tell me about a time when...........You will also have a round table interview process with the hiring manager and a few staff members. You will have at least 2-3 phone interviews, panel and then final interview with the VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question
    AM base around $50-$75 plus commission and profit sharing. Great benefits..........negotiated vacation too

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at W.W. Grainger in September 2014.

I was first contacted by a recruiter via email. From there we set up a time to discuss the position. A couple of days later I had a phone interview with the same recruiter. About 3 weeks later I had a formal interview with the regional sales manager and the operations manager since it was a new territory.

Interview Questions
    • How I would address a customer that is reluctant to give the company a chance.   Answer Question
    No negotiating, it was straight forward.

Index Editor Interview

You have to interview with 3 different people. Each of them spend a half hour questioning you and then the last one walks you out with the we will call if we have any additional questions. Very formal and stuffy. While they are entirely non-threatening as well as informative they have lost the ability to do anything but scowl.

Go in already knowing what the base rates are and negotiate from there. They actually started low with me until I talked about the industry norms.

Manager of Territory Sales Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Contacted by recruiter. Face to face interview, skype type interview followed with different manager, meeting with both managers on a third occasion. Position offered to a last minute internal candidate. Contacted on a Saturday by a recruiter to meet with a manager for another position on Tuesday. Hiring manager had no idea why he was talking to me. There was no position available. Seems like a great company to work for but very poor follow up.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

interviewed at W.W. Grainger in August 2014.

The first step in the hiring process is a phone interview. At the end, I was asked to move on to the next step and fill out a personality assessment. I'm currently waiting to hear if I've moved on to the subsequent step or not.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were faced with a problem and had to come up with a solution.   View Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in August 2014.

The recruiters lead you on about your hiring chances. They are very positive and upbeat but were misleading on what they were really looking for. First initial call, application and evaluation, phone interview and then face to face.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to create a progress or statistical report.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Very thorough, many layers, professional, once an offer was made it went quick, training for 2 weeks non-consecutive, very detailed, typicial sales type-drink the cool ade, once done you are out in the field figuring it out

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the unusual, standard interview questions   Answer Question