W.W. Grainger

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in July 2014.

Interview Details Took a phone interview, pretty basic and straight forward. Then the in-person interview with HR manager and TSR manager. Didn't get offered the position because they were looking for one position.

Interview Question – STAR Questions   Answer Question

Territory Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview Details Great interview process. Great company to work for. This is and entry level sales position and the

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult work experience and how you overcame...   Answer Question

Territory Sales Associate

I applied through another source and interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview Details I met the interviewer at a job fair. It was obvious that he was new to management and wasn't too good at interviewing. I was offered the position and it turns out that I had to jump through several HR hoops to actually get it. It was pretty ridiculous.

Interview Question – None. All questions were very generic and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too many HR hoops to jump through. It also took forever to complete the HR process.

Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in May 2011.

Interview Details Pretty basic interview about background and skills.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you instead of someone with more experience?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2011.

Interview Details Basic behavioral quesitons. Very friendly interviewer. Young. Took notes on computer to give to higher recruiter-- wasn't in charge of making decision. Questions asked: Explain how you overcame a challenge. Sell me this pen. Why should I hire you and not my next interviewee.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Worked for W.W. Grainger? Contribute to the Community!