WMS Gaming Interview Questions

Updated 31 Aug 2014

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at WMS Gaming.

4 rounds ... and after 3 months got offer.
    Only 15% hike

2010

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WMS Gaming in January 2013.

Presentation - Recruiters gave a presentation about the company.
    1st round: Aptitude test (Technical - 30 Ques in 35 mins & Programming Test of 70 mins, 3 programs)
    2nd Round: Technical Interview at their office, Mostly C++ questions, ques related to Project and Core Subjects
    3rd Round: HR Interview, questions on Background and even Technical Questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell one quality which is unique to you?
      The previous question was on Strengths which I answered. But they answered that these are what we always get. So tell us something Unique.
        Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WMS Gaming in April 2012.

Get a call from HR person. Had 3 technical rounds and then HR rounds.

All technical rounds are related C++ and coding. HR asked 2-3 question like, why you want to leave your company ? Where do you stay ?

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WMS Gaming.

Strong background check, Good questions real good manager style spoke to supervisor then manager called me back in same day to speak to him Strong background check, Good questions real good manager style spoke to supervisor then manager called me back in same day to speak to him

I asked - they gave

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

I met with the group of engineers I would be working with, my supervisor, and his immediate boss. I was shown the facilities by an hr person, which were very impressive. The campus is very spread out so make sure to get very detailed directions on where to report, otherwise you may end up being late.

Interview Questions
    • I had to review a mechanical drawing and point out any issues   View Answer

Associate Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WMS Gaming.

Relaxed

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at WMS Gaming in March 2014.

The phone interview had to be rescheduled due to illness, but they never sent me a new interview date until I reminded them to do so. The actual interview was roughly 5 minutes long after I drove 3 hours to get there, and they never sent me an email regarding my being denied the position. I sent a follow up email and got no response. Completely unorganized and ridiculous process.

Senior Staff Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WMS Gaming in November 2013.

I met this group through a job fair and discussed the position and my qualifications at length.
    The phone interview was with 2 people who worked on the team and involved standard interview questions and a few questions about creativity.
    The second step was a skill test that involved creativity questions about various games and a probability question that involved some basic programming.

Interview Questions
    • They said I got the Probability question wrong so double check your work.   View Answer

Customer Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at WMS Gaming.

Process took a lot longer than it should have due to so many levels of people who have to approve everything. The interview was laid-back with some simple technological questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no chance given to negotiate, the offer was take it or leave it.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

interviewed at WMS Gaming in May 2013.

The interview consisted of a number of behavioral type questions including greatest strengths and weaknesses. They were mainly concerned with creativity level and approach to analytical problems. Clearly they were looking for previous work experience in the gaming industry, or an industrial type setting. A high GPA (>3.0) was key for getting the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to use your leadership skills to overcome a problem in a team setting? What was the problem, what actions did you take, and what was the result.   Answer Question