WMS Gaming Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014
22 interviews

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Pune

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

4 rounds ... and after 3 months got offer.
    Only 15% hike

2010

Anonymous Employee in Pune

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at WMS Gaming in January 2013.

Presentation - Recruiters gave a presentation about the company.
    1st round: Aptitude test (Technical - 30 Ques in 35 mins & Programming Test of 70 mins, 3 programs)
    2nd Round: Technical Interview at their office, Mostly C++ questions, ques related to Project and Core Subjects
    3rd Round: HR Interview, questions on Background and even Technical Questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell one quality which is unique to you?
      The previous question was on Strengths which I answered. But they answered that these are what we always get. So tell us something Unique.
        Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming in April 2012.

Get a call from HR person. Had 3 technical rounds and then HR rounds.

All technical rounds are related C++ and coding. HR asked 2-3 question like, why you want to leave your company ? Where do you stay ?

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waukegan, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Strong background check, Good questions real good manager style spoke to supervisor then manager called me back in same day to speak to him Strong background check, Good questions real good manager style spoke to supervisor then manager called me back in same day to speak to him

I asked - they gave

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waukegan, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 12 months - interviewed at WMS Gaming in October 2012.

I was hired through a Staffing agency. I had worked under contract for approxiamtely 1.5 years on what started out as a three week assignment. My initial interview with WMS through the agency was via phone with my current manager, and another member of his peer group. After approximatley a year, My director asked his VP for approval to hire me, and allocate budget. It took approximatly another 6 months for approval, and budget allocation.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your weaknesses, and how do you plan on improving upon them?   Answer Question
    I had been working there for the previous year. I calculated my pay based on hourly rate with overtime and vacation pay. They gave me a promotion and a raise from what I had made over the previous year. I accepted a promotion to a salary position.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

I met with the group of engineers I would be working with, my supervisor, and his immediate boss. I was shown the facilities by an hr person, which were very impressive. The campus is very spread out so make sure to get very detailed directions on where to report, otherwise you may end up being late.

Interview Questions
    • I had to review a mechanical drawing and point out any issues   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in June 2011.

One phone interview and then 3 more face - face interviews

Associate Test Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Relaxed

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in September 2010.

No help here cause the ones that hired me are now gone. However like any place looking up the history of the company always helps.

Interview Questions
    • If your brain was a color what color would it be?   View Answer

Senior Staff Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in November 2013.

I met this group through a job fair and discussed the position and my qualifications at length.
    The phone interview was with 2 people who worked on the team and involved standard interview questions and a few questions about creativity.
    The second step was a skill test that involved creativity questions about various games and a probability question that involved some basic programming.

Interview Questions
    • They said I got the Probability question wrong so double check your work.   View Answer

Worked for WMS Gaming? Contribute to the Community!