Wachovia

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Savannah, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2008.

Interview Details Interview process went pretty fast. The first interview was conducted over the phone and only took a few mins. I was able to do the phone interview while at work. The second and final interview was done at a local Wachovia Bank and was 1:1 with typical interview questions such as how do you do under pressure?

Interviewee was very nice gentleman who at the time was at the office downtown and didn't do many interviews. He no longer works for the company but was a very energetic fun loving character.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you have had to handle, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Interview Details Great communication. Do not like panel interviews and do not know why they even exist.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied and was immediately contacted by a HR recruiter within the next day. The recruiter set up an interview with me and described it as a group interview. At the interview I was there with about 7 other candidates, where we all met in a huge meeting room at a round table. Here we described our past sales experiences and gave a better background of who we are to the recruiter. Then we filled out some paperwork of where we are interested in working and our hours. The recruiter then collected our papers and stated we will be contacted if a match is made. I was contacted immediately that same day for another interview. My next interview was with two managers. This interview was ok, but from my understanding they were looking for people with a finance background.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to reach a sales goal.   View Answer

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2011.

Interview Details Several questions concerning meeting company referral requirements and "what would you do" type situations. Be prepared to talk about past sales experience and dealing with questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had not met your weekly goal and had to meet it?   View Answer
  • What is a time when your customer service was not up to par and how did you fix it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Syosset, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in April 2009.

Interview Details the hiring is pretty much straight forward! apply, when you get a cal you do a phone interview then they have you meet with your branch manager and if everything goes good from there then they will offer you a position.

Interview Question – explain a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiating with these people.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wachovia

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wachovia Bank Teller interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wachovia employees and interview candidates.