Wachovia

Getting the Interview

27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview Details Applied online and was invited to a group interview a few days later got a second interview with the regional manager.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about the company   Answer Question

Orlando, FL (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2010.

Interview Details It was a group interview. We were asked to introduced ourselves and then we heard more about the company and stuff. We also watched a video. Then we were asked 3 questions and went around the room everyone answering the 3 questions. That was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Why Wachovia/Wells Fargo?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? What was the problem? How did you resolve it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview Details First interview was over the phone, then in person. They want questions with a definite answer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you can negotiate however ijust accepted.

Teller Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview Details pleasant ineractive
promotion possibilities not discussed

Interview Question – work on Saturday objection   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation on salary possible

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in November 2010.

Interview Details Contacted by phone and was asked a few questions then invited to a two-part interview. One was one on one and the other was with 2 DM's. Was called the next week for an interview with a store manager. Environment was very friendly and interviewers were awesome. Interviews were all in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation/time when you were given a goal to meet, what was the goal? How did you meet that goal? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Tell me why (insert your name) would be perfect for this position?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want this position of this type? And what interests you in working in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was only offered a floating on-call position and not a permanent position

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2010.

Interview Details I applied online and took a skills test - apparently, I passed, since I was called the following week for a group interview. Then a week after the group interview, I was told to come in for an interview with a branch manager. Then I had to wait another week for a call back from HR, saying that I got the job and had to pass fingerprinting/background check, which I'll go in for on Monday.

The group interview really wasn't that bad, except that there were about 14 people in my particular group interview. The recruiter will ask you situational questions about when you last achieved a goal, what your highest accomplishment consists of, or a time when you provided exceptional customer service. As long as you use the STAR format and do NOT talk about personal examples, you should be fine. So I'd advise staying away from answers like "my goal is to be a nurse anesthetist" or "I perform exceptional service by saying 'hi' to strangers on the street, so I perform exceptional service everywhere and everyday" - I kid you not, these were real answers others said during the interview. The point of the interview is so that you can prove you can sell products, not to provide you with a forum for your tangential rants about your personal views or non-banking related goals. With every answer, PUSH sales.

My interview with the store manager and branch manager was very similar to the group, except more questions. I actually enjoyed the interaction and shared quite a few laughs, but, again, I used the same approach and apparently they loved me.

Interview Question – Provide a time when you delivered exceptional customer service. How did you deal with the situation?   View Answer

Macon, GA (US)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2009.

Interview Details Phone call, Group presentation/interview with various company representatives and also other applicants.

Interview Question – Usual behavioral questions. Very customer service and team oriented questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They start their tellers at the same hourly rate. I was paid more due to language skills. Im sure experience in the field would increase your pay also, but I did not have any.

Ewing, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Interview Details The interview went very well. Mostly in STAR format--situation, task, action, results. Makes sure you really know the company and the position details...do your homework. Had a phone and face to face interview. Phone interview was with a recruiter and in-person interview was with a hiring manager at the office. Questions were mostly behavioral and situational.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you respond?   Answer Question
  • If you had a cash difference at the end of the day, what would you do? What if your manager was not available and all your colleagues were busy helping customers?   Answer Question

Teller

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview Details First I applied online, and then I recieved an email about the opportunity for a phone interview. After the phone interview I set up a face to face interview with two executives and myself.

Interview Question – How would you benefit this company.?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non existent

Charleston, SC (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview Details star-situation/task activity result

Interview Question – it's wednesday morning and after reviewing your sales goals, and finding that you are behind, tell me what you did to meet your goal   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wachovia

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wachovia Teller interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wachovia employees and interview candidates.