Walgreens

Updated 20 Jan 2015
Updated 20 Jan 2015

2.4

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Went to site filled out lengthy application , took test online then was told to go to any Walgreens store to complete " in store " assessment , which is a lengthy test on a store computer , lots of math and memory questions , waited about a week and got call from pharmacy manager , very informal interview and offerd the job.

Non negotiable

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

The interview process was smooth. Assistant manager asked me straightforward questions, like why I wanted to work for Walgreens..etc. And he told me about the benefits of working at Walgreens.

Casher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens.

it was ok manager was nice but was asking me a lot of questions like am I sure I could do the job and things like that I didn't like that cause he kept asking me over and over

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online and got a email from the District Manager almost a month later. I spoke to the District Manager on the phone to get an idea of what is needed in that District; I scheduled an interview later in the week. I had a face to face interview where the manager used the Walgreens standardized interview questions; lots of situation based questions. The interview itself took about an hour or so.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Be honest. Be as open and as honest as possible. This is a great company to work for but don't let that make you nervous. The best thing that worked for me was that I kept it cool and I was down to earth. Talk more about things that make you different than others.

Service Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Nice. a little intimidating but they were nice. the asm interviewed me and he was very nice and really made me feel comfortable. be very bubbly and always smile they love that and make sure your personality shines through.

No negotiation

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an upset customer?   View Answer
    Relaxed and I felt comfortable during this phase

Asm-t Interview

Very tough interview...around 12 behavioral based questions asked by two store managers. expect questions such as ...."Tell me about a time you disagreed with an employee at work, what was the disagreement, what did you do, what was the result? the interview will definitely prepare you for any future interviews that use behavioral based questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you didn't agree with your supervisor. What was the situation, action, outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

online application, followed by automated in-store assessment dealing with customer service situations, then face-to-face interview with hiring manager and brief interview with store manager. All verbal or online, so have your information at hand before beginning the process.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any physical limitation that would keep you from working in the cooler or working the truck.   View Answer

ASMt Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Walgreens in January 2015.

Walgreens uses Behavioral Interview questions for all their interviewing processes so be aware of what that type of interview is, and rehearse, rehearse, rehearse your answers. Be confident on your answers and be able to expound on your answer. You can look online for STAR methods of interviews, which explains the steps in which you answer a given question. This is paramount to follow that method. Be aware you must be willing to be placed at a store 30-60 min drive from your home at any given time, for months on end, and to be able to whip an underpaid staff of floor clerks into shape. The floor clerks (as of Jan. 2015) average 8.25 per hour.....hamburger chains start their employees at 9.00 per hour.....the internal incentive chart isn't difficult to see. Walgreens has merged with Boots and changes in management are underway.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to make the most difficult decision between your work and an employee.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations(offered or expected).