Walgreens

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

2.4

Chat Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Fill out an app online and then you wait for an email. They will call you to schedule a phone interview. If you pass that you come in for computer testing. If you pass that, the you have an in person view with any supervisor or HR person. It's very easy and straight forward.

No negotiation

Management Interview

completed a long time ago. at the time, it was unstructured. spoke with several people before interviewing with hiring manager. the whole process, at the time, took several weeks to conclude.

Certified Photo Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

Applied, was contacted next day for skills assessment, came in and took basically a really easy math quiz, was given an interview an hour later, asked 6 simple STAR questions, hired on spot

Interview Questions
    • explain a time you were criticized and how you handled it   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

There really wasn't a formal interview. I was recommended by a friend who was a current employee, and I was essentially called in to start my paperwork. I was only asked two questions: why do you want to work for Walgreens, and how long do you plan to stay with the company. They care more about your personality than any skills you may or may not have.

This was my first job at 16 years old, so I didn't attempt to negotiate. Judging by my experience over the next 11 years, I doubt they would have entertained any negotiation at the time of hire.

ASMt Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

Was called for interview and hired instantly due to my experience. You must apply online due to their policy. If you're called then you meet with a manager from one of the stores but not necessarily the one you'll be working for. You meet in the store's office with the manager one on one. You have to ask personality questions and they basically want to know how you would solve problems presented to you as a manager.

Interview Questions
    • There are several questionnaires online you must answer, one with a timed math portion. But the in-person interview questions were mostly about how would you handle different scenarios with customers.

Make sure you learn some info about the company prior to your interview. I didn't do enough research and had to improvise on the fly.

Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview process was pretty easy. Well for me at least. They just ask you how would you react in certain situations with customers. Sales questions and your past experience in retail. They also ask you if you know about makeup.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your recent situation in which you had to deal with a very upset customer.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate anything really. I just needed them to work with my school schedule

Customer Service Associate Interview

Applied online and manager called over 2 months later. The manager seemed ignorant and narrow minded. He kept asking the same questions and lied. Never heard from him again; thanks for the favor.

Walgreen Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2014.

I was called 1 day later after applying online and finishing an assessment for an interview. They told they'll give me a call back and I'm still waiting on it.

Contractor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

I spoke with two Space Management associates for a contracted position for Floor Planning help. Given that the position was temporary and out of my usual field of work, I felt that the questions asked were difficult to answer for a new comer. The interview felt more like a hazing session.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario very specific to their business and expected to create a solution on the spot. When I did as asked, my interviewers shared an inside joke with each other and laughed.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager MGT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in December 2014.

The interview process was a panel style. I was able to have a phone interview since I am located in another state. The interviewers let me know up front they were going to pose situational type questions and I should respond using the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use financial data to schedule your resources. What was the situation? What did you do? What were the results?   Answer Question