Walgreens

Updated 25 Nov 2014
Updated 25 Nov 2014

2.4

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Applied online. Afterwards, you must go to a store to complete a basic skills assessment that consisted of the least agree/most agree questions and basic consumer math. Afterwards you must wait for a call back in most cases. This is followed by a face to face interview with a hiring manager. Examples of questions are, "When was a time that you had to help someone with disabilities?" or " Think of a time you had to handle a difficult customer service situation. How did you resolve it?" If you meet their approval you are sent for a drug screening. Job offer is dependent on a negative result.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation where you had a conflict with management personnel at a previous employer. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The offer was as is. Flat non-negotiable pay by hour.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Applied online and manager called over 2 months later. The manager seemed ignorant and narrow minded. He kept asking the same questions and lied. Never heard from him again; thanks for the favor.

Graduate Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interviewed through a career fair that was put on by my school. Standard questions like a time you dealt with difficult customer, time you felt empathy for a patient, and a time when you showed leadership. STAR type questions. Also the usual tell me about yourself, etc. Pretty standard and casual. Then the interviewer told me to apply online.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Basic interview with 2 members of management in a office. Both individuals asking questions, and checking you out. 1 of the mgrs was more serious than the other, but overall , average typical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with a fast paced environment, give an example?
      Explain a situation where you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?
        Answer Question
    Open, and welcoming at first, but after a 1 1/2 years, mgmt reneged on the initial promise

Shift Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

basic, fill out application, do assessment test and interview. You will probably interview with the stores assistant manager and the community leader (mini DM). Once excepted you will be required to take a drug and background test.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are all open ended and are pretty basic. The interviewer reads premade questions. They are designed to make sure you do not reply yes or no. They are also interested in success stories, not so much how long you have been in your job. Degree will benefit.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You start at the base pay. No exceptions.

MARP Interview

I made it though the campus round, and was brought to their corporate office for a final round. Standard behavioral interviews. Beware the Excel test! it is finicky, and probably why I didn't get the job. I know how to do the basic stuff in excel, but their test was not an effective way to measure it. I also wasn't a fan of the company culture upon visiting, so I don't think it would have been a great fit anyway. I also think they hire mostly off of interns for MARP now, so you are disadvantaged if you were not their intern.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

After applying, it took about a week to get a call, then I went for the interview and had to do an 2 hour long assessment test. It basically was a common sense one; basic math skills, customer service questions, etc...

Walgreens is really straight forward with what they hire you for and what they offer.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

The interview process was very informal and relaxed, I was only asked a few questions and then asked to fill out some paperwork and told I had the job. It was actually very easy.

The position here in AZ starts at around $9.00, then when you get your training license you get raised to $10.00, then when you get your actual CPhT license you get raised to $12.00. From there you earn your yearly raises or you can train and test for a senior tech which raise you up to $14.00.

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens.

I submitted an application in September and received a call for an interview in November. The interview was with the district manager and the HR manager. The interview questions were behavioral questions. The questions were quite simple.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to motivate your team to do something that you did not like doing.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Merchandise Analyst Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online through my university. The first round was done on campus. It was pretty easy - "tell me about yourself," then about 5 behavioral questions. They left some time at the end for me to ask them questions. I thought it was very rigid and was not impressed with the interviewers. They made it obvious that they were reading the questions word for word off the paper they had. About a week later they called me back and invited me to the second round interview. I flew to Chicago for a day, but the whole process there was very short. We met with current MARPs who answered our questions and did a presentation for us about the company. Then there were two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. They were similar to the first round. I was very unimpressed with the interviewers. They seemed like they had never conducted an interview before and had no interest in meeting with me. We also took a tour of the facility, ate lunch, and had to take an Excel class (very short and easy).

Overall, the company came off as very rigid and old-fashioned. There was a clear lack of connection between the different departments within the company.

Interview Questions
    • Who would you say is Walgreens' main competitor(s)?   View Answer