Walgreens

Getting the Interview

722 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details I was called by HR to schedule a video conference interview. I drove 20 miles to a Walgreen's office location for the video interview. The receptionist had to make a phone call to the HR person15 minutes after the scheduled time to alert/remind them they had a video interview. The interviewers were a half hour late and 2 of the 3 were very condescending during the interview. They also failed to answer fairly general semi-tough questions about working at the HQ in Deerfield (their manager sat in on the interview). The 17% headquarters headcount cut in 11/13 seems to have produced a toxic culture of fear.

Interview Question – None, scripted questions they ask everyone regardless of experience.   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

El Dorado, AR (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2013.

Interview Details Everyone was so nice at first. My employer had initially planned to hire me as a pharmacy tech. I was also supposed to be trained in photo. Neither of those were done. I got in trouble for things I didn't know about because I was not properly trained. They just put me on the register and expected me to know what I was doing. They knew I had no experience in that area.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was "when are you available?"   View Answer

Shift Lead Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

Interview Details 1:1 Interview with Store Manager
Mathemathics Test / skill test / Personality style test "PPL" computer program pass/fail style
They do most of the talking :)
Ask to train in Cosmetics to make more money

Interview Question – No difficult questions. No tats, No personalization in clothing, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details It is a wonderful professional growth and learning experience

Interview Question – It is a wonderful professional growth and learning experience   Answer Question

Student Pharmacist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details they asked very general question. mostly about service.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to do the right thing but didn't want to.   Answer Question

Staff Pharmacist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details I was hired during 2007 as a staff pharmacist when bonuses were still being offered. The interview was minimal and forgetful, my supervisor was happy to sign me on.

Interview Question – The commitment to stay in one are for 3 years seemed like a long commitment at the time.   Answer Question

ASM-T Interview

Newark, DE (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview was 10 questions in the STAR format; Situation, Task, Action & Result. Mostly about interaction with customers and employees. No "typical" interview questions, like "Why do you want to work here?" Good idea to use examples from various jobs/life situations. Have your resume ready, multiple copies and on good paper!

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had several tasks to do, and limited time to complete them. How did you prioritize and get them done and what was the result?   View Answer

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Boise, ID (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2013.

Interview Details Scott London, the store manager, interviewed me. I was nervous but he was laid back and it made it a lot easier to interview.

Interview Question – He asked if I had any questions for him. That was the hardest question..   View Answer

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details I applied directly through the walgreens website. I heard back from the district manager within a week and went for a interview shortly after. The interview took about 3 hours. I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – Share a scenario where you exhibited sympathy for a patient   Answer Question

MGT Interview

West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2010.

Interview Details Called the store manager and asked for an interview. Interviewed with store manager then was scheduled to meet with District Manager. Took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – basic retail interview questions. Make sure you have open availability.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens interview questions and advice. All 722 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.