Walgreens Service Clerk Interview Questions & Reviews

67 interviews

2.1

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Service Clerk Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walgreens.

Two interviews are conducted. You apply and then wait for a call from the store.The first interview is getting to know you and many questions are asked. Hiring and interview process is pretty good and the process went pretty smoothly. It is a good idea to talk about any research you did and maybe follow up with a thank you note. Also smiling and being positive. And be ready to answer their questions and have good questions to ask. That's what helped me out.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

The hiring process is not very rigorous. They ask the typical questions such as how you have helped customers in the past, what are your strengths or weaknesses, etc.

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Cruz, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in November 2011.

Online application, then in-house application with customer service questions, money handling questions. If pass those, then in person interview, if job offer then based on drug test passing.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, set hourly rate, take it or leave it. I interviewed just before Thanksgiving, they forgot to mention two weeks before Christmas they stay open until midnight, normally close at 10pm. I might not have accepted if I'd known that, doesn't sound like a problem but holiday sales stressful and may stay until 1am cleaning up, then return sometimes at 10 am to work day shift.

Service Clerk Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walgreens.

Assessment test only done in store. Interview questions. Examples on how you dealt with issues in the workplace, dealing with customers with a language barrier, etc

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to deal with conflict   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

I had to always stay in touch with the hiring manager to make sure they knew I was still interested.

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2013.

Filled out an assessment at the store. A store supervisor then gave me a brief interview. I had at least a hour wait. The assistant manager told me I passed the assessment and I was offered the job on the spot.

I was offered a dollar above minimum wage non negotiable

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Windsor Mill, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Windsor Mill, MD (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2011.

You have to submit an application via their website or in store. You are required to complete an in store assessment test after the initial application is submitted. They usually call the most qualified applicant in for an interview, if the manager like your application you usually hard hired in about a week.

Interview Questions
    • Getting your sales pitch right during the interview is key. If you can't convince the manager to buy and candy bar you may not be hired.   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2010.

You will get a call for a interview. (After finishing the 2nd part of the online test in store). On the interview you will meet with the store manager or assistant store manager. They would ask you the basics regarding your experience, why you want to work with us, your duties and if you feel you can handle them. It's important to be yourself and be outgoing. They would then give you a call back and send you for drug test which basically means you got the job if negative of course.

If you really want to negotiate pay you can do so if you have experience to back it up but if you really want the job I wouldn't advise it as you can be turn down. Once in the company and offered another position role like photo you can negotiate pay with your store manager and I would advise to do so. Starting pay as a service clerk (Customer service rep now is $8.50, Photo $9.00- $10.00 .25 additional each year more) Head photo up to $11.50: Same for cosmetics. (Started in Bronx NY, Transferred to City which used to be $1 more raise)

Service Clerk Interview

Online application, very extensive for what the job is

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2009.

I put in an application online and was called in for an interview. The person who was going to interview me wasn't in the store, so I had to stand around and wait for 30 minutes for her to get there. We went into her office and sat at a desk, where she first had me fill out all the paperwork like I was already hired, then she started asking me questions.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me if I thought my age would keep me from lifting boxes and stocking shelves.   View Answer

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!