Walker Marketing and Consultants

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants

Interview Details I was first contacted by an HR rep and she asked me multiple questions about my resume that I had submitted, she then explained why the company was interested in me, and we went on to set up a date for my interview. The day came for my interview and I was interviewed by Brandon Walker the hiring manager. He was very well dressed and professional, he answered all of the questions that I asked and he was very knowledgeable. I was contacted within the next day saying that I was wanted to come back to the company for my second interview, which I then scheduled and was hired on! I really like working for Walker!

Interview Question – What interests you about our company?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants

Interview Details I should have known up front this job was deceptive in nature, but I was a desperate college kid. They asked me four questions, then sent me home. I received a phone call from them in less than an hour after leaving asking me to devote a whole day to shadow in the field. While shadowing we met many disgruntled customers and angry customers who wanted nothing to do with us, and that were angry with AT&T. The company they were selling for. It should have been my first clue.

I reluctantly accepted the offer, and within a few days of starting I realized this wasn't for me. The position is fine I'm sure for some people, but not for myself. Brandon Walker pressured me into staying multiple times, and I finally quit after a week and a half. I was done.

Interview Question – What's the most important P of the four P's of marketing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Dublin, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in May 2013.

Interview Details I applied to this job with my resume on Monster and about 2 hours later I was contacted by the HR manager (who you will also learn doubles as the receptionist) in the office. She was very nice and told me that my resume was impressive. Now being a recent college graduate desperate for any type of work that would pay while I take a year off, of course I was inclined to take the interview. The office is FAR. if you live anywhere in Columbus other than Dublin then you know that Dublin is a hop and a skip away. Of course it was a day when the temperature was about 91 degrees and I have a broken air conditioner so it was all bad. Once I got to the location of the interview I had about 25 minutes to spare so I went in search of a cold drink. Because the roads there are very confusing, long story short I ended up arriving late. No worries though because you're not the only interviewee they are expecting. Once I got there the receptionist was wearing a short blue dress and crop blazer...pause. I was told this office was business professional..oh well. I sat down and she handed me a clip board with a basic application and some rinky dink brochure. Literally the brochure was crap and again should have been a red flag to get out! Now I'm looking at this application and thinking to myself "why is it only one page and a total of 7 questions?" Literally all you have to do is be drug free and have a clean record to work for them.

I was sitting next to the receptionist so she started speaking to me about my plans for the weekend. I wasn't sure this was appropriate conversation for future employment so I kept my answers light and vague. Our conversation progressed though and we talked about some similar interests and fun things to do around columbus. Just as I was getting comfortable and regaining confidence about the company, another interviewee entered the office. Once he had sat down, the receptionist started having the SAME conversation with him! ok maybe she was just really friendly but it seemed like it was part of her job description to create this "laid back let's have great conversation" type environment.

Ok now let's get into the actual interview. I interviewed with Brandon Walker and at the time had NO clue who he was. Yes I did not know he was the CEO. He took me into another room and started asking me questions. This interview was terrible. He only asked me a few questions and spent a majority of the time trying to convince me why it's so great working there? umm hold up, aren't I supposed to know that already? Why must you sell me the dream? Now at the end he opens the floor for questions which is typical for interviews and I asked him how many years he had been there...THIS IS WHEN I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THEY WERE DESPERATE. I had done NO research (my bad) and didn't even recognize him as the CEO yet I was called 2 hours later for a second interview. All of the people who work there are fresh out of school, no one stays long and the place just give you bad vibes cause all you see in their office is pictures of young people having a good time. Don't do it. After accepting the second interview, I came home to tell my brother who quickly gave me the proper insight of what they really do. The interview itself is not unpleasant but after having so many interviews I know what to look for when it comes to legitimacy. I emailed them immediately to let them know a better opportunity had arisen and nope I'm not looking back!

Interview Question – What will set you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I ran!

Dublin, OH (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in April 2013.

Interview Details Very informational and professional. Definitely took the time to see if I were a good fit for the position. They were also organized. When I got there they knew who I was and that I was coming. They had me fill out an application when I got there. After my first round interview I had to go through a background check to ensure a safe environment with honest people. Everyone is required to also take a drug test before being hired due to their drug free atmosphere. They have three rounds of interviews in order to weed out the candidates that wont work out and also to minimize turnover.

Interview Question – What are some of my attributes that could be beneficial to the company?   Answer Question

Entry Level Client Coordinator Full Time Interview

Dublin, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in April 2013.

Interview Details I recently graduated with my Bachelors degree and was looking for somewhere to get my foot in the door, so I looked into the Columbus, Ohio area. I sent my resume over through their website. I then received an email from the HR manager. I called into the office to set up an interview to see if it was a good fit. When I got to the office everyone was really professional and outgoing. The office was set up really cute, I could definitely see myself working there. They explained how they were looking to grow and that they needed candidates that were able to communicate well and take on a leadership role when needed. I have experience in retail, I just don't prefer the retail hours so Monday through Friday 8 to 5 set schedule would be great for me.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation I had to deal with in the work place and how did I come up with a solution?   Answer Question

Dublin, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in April 2013.

Interview Details Made it into the 1st Interview where the office itself is very remote and small. In a series of mini buildings there is a small office on the second floor where the interviews took place. Some people might be intrigued to go apply for this position considering it is a marketing job but it is more a sales job where you have to travel alot without compensation for gas, only offered a starting position which is only minimum wage + commission. So if your looking to commute to a new living area to work here I would advise against it. I only submitted an application early in the morning Monday and was contacted within mere hours for an interview the following day. The first interview is a 10- 20 Minute sit down and go over the basics. If you get called in for a second interview you have to shadow for an entire day and then brought back to the office at the end of the day for a third (final) interview.

Interview Question – Would this type of business be something your interested in?   View Answer

Dublin, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in August 2012.

Interview Details When interviewed at Walker, it was a two step process. The first interview was just to get to know me and to explain the company more in depth because there are things they aren't allowed to divulge on their website. I was asked to come back for a second interview in which I shadowed an employee. I'm glad because I knew EXACTLY what I would be doing.

Interview Question – I was asked if I liked sports at all, which I wasn't expecting. Although, once I started working there, I realized why I was asked that. It is a competitive environment, so any interest in sports means you have a competitive personality, which is a good quality for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – when given the position, I was able to start whenever my schedule allowed. That was nice for me because I wasn't available right away.

Client Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

Interview Details I should have gone with my instincts on this one and cancelled my interview. I visited the website to gather a little bit more information on this company. I also wanted to do a little bit more research as the interview confirmation email listed a position other than the one I had applied for. I feel like the website in itself should have been enough to keep me away but I figured it'd be better to not judge a book by it's cover (or a company by its website in this case)

Upon first entering I was greeted by a receptionist wearing a ridiculously short miniskirt. I was a little bit confused because the confirmation email states that the interview is business formal. She hands you a form with several basic questions. Are you presently employed is one.

While waiting to be interviewed the receptionist answered the phone, greeting as human resources. She was also making small chat with other candidates about what type of music they listen to and where they live. In between her chatty questions they candidates were discussing a lot of things that you just don't discuss in front of people that you're looking to get hired by. This made me question the caliber of employees this company brings in if these were the candidates up against me.

They were running late on interviews, which is okay, but a candidate that was scheduled to interview before me showed up after me and was still taken back before me.

I pretty much knew that I wanted nothing to do with this company but went through with the interview for the fun of it- just to see what they would say. They ask basic interview questions such as salary expectations. The one question that threw me off was when I was asked how I feel about travel. My interviewer went on a big tangent about how they took the receptionist on an all expense paid trip to Miami and they stayed a floor below where they shoot the Kardashian's show. You can tell just by being in the office that it's just NOT that kind of company and they'll say anything to lure desperate, potential employees in.

Interview Question – Are you presently employed?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Dublin, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in January 2013.

Interview Details Submitted my resume through Monster and was contacted by a HR Rep the next day. I was informed that the interview process would be in three stages, initial in person review, full day ride-along, and final interview. I was able to setup an appointment immediately.
I attended the first interview in which I met with management. We went over the company's attributes and established a basis for the second stage. The first interview was brief, as if they were testing your abilities to be professional rather than taking a strong interest in your qualifications. I was invited to attend the second stage in which I would shadow an employee, however I respectfully declined because the position was not as described in the posting, and I had no interest.

Interview Question – Not many questions; in fact, I asked more questions.   Answer Question

Hilliard, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in December 2012.

Interview Details Very basic, easy interview. No out of the ordinary questions. Interview lasted twenty minutes and I got called back two hours later to schedule a 2nd interview. They seem desperate for workers.

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Seemed like a scam, and I read awful reviews about the company.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Walker Marketing and Consultants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walker Marketing and Consultants interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Walker Marketing and Consultants employees and interview candidates.