Wells Fargo

117 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details Filled out the application online and after doing the online test and passing that I received an email a couple of hours later to set up an interview time the following week. It was a group interview with about 11 people which took two hours. We each had to talk about our work experience and why we wanted to work at Wells Fargo. We then watched a 10min video about Wells Fargo about what it is to be a teller at Wells Fargo. The recruiter was pretty straight forward, letting us know she was looking for the best of the best. If your a job hopper, it's not a good look. If you didn't have customer service skills/cashier then maybe it wouldn't be for you since you do have to try to sale Credit cards, checking/checking accounts if they don't have one. During the interview each person had to play a teller scenario which to me was the hardest part and seem to be hard for everyone else but for one person who worked at Wells Fargo before. She let us know that she would be going off of how we dressed to the interview, how we answered the questions, and did we give eye contact. After everything was said and done she let us know that we would either get a phone call sometime in 2weeks to interview with the manager at the bank you would be working or a rejection email. I'm writing this review now because I don't believe anyone including me got the job lol

Interview Question – The most difficult was being put on the spot with the teller scenario. Not having any banking experience I found it difficult.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2012.

Interview Details I had a 2 phone interviews and then I had a f2f interview. After 2 days they offered the contracting position

Negotiation Details – They did not pay the market rate

Personal Banker I Interview

Personal Banker I
Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Received an invitation to a group interview the next day. Had group interview a few days later (3 applicants in my group). Received a phone call from recruiter before I even got home from the banking center, inviting me back for a panel interview the following week. Panel interview was 9 applicants, with 4 Branch Managers conducting the interview. Again I received a call back with an offer the same day. For the interview: Know why you want to work for the company, and give specific examples of why you would be a good fit. Focus on sales experience, and give examples of times you've gone above and beyond for a customer or a time you turned a negative experience into a positive. Quick role play at the end. They give you a card of bullet points to cover. Be personable and make the conversation natural and your own, instead of just reading off the card. The easiest way to sell yourself is to just be outgoing and non-mechanic.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo? Why would you be a good fit, based on your sales experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer will vary depending on location and experience. I was offered 40k and accepted.

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2011.

Interview Details Good, only drawback is there is lack of technical people to interview the right candidates. So there are only few interviewers qualified to ask technical questions.

Interview Question – Expect to know java scripting and UI for back-end Java job.   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Intern - Commercial Banking Interview

Oakland, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Interview Details I was invited to interview for this position through my campuses career center. the company invited all the applicants to a reception at the HQ in SF the night before the interviews. the interviews were mostly fit and accounting questions. i heard back from them in 3 days and was invited to interview at the commercial banking HQ in Oakland. i received my offer 2 days later!

Interview Question – What single financial statement would you choose to value a company and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i didnt negotiate

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2013.

Interview Details Phone screen with HR. About as dry as it gets, very scripted questions, no flow of conversation, took about 35 minutes, she then read a mile of information about the company, position, and manager. Said they would notify all candidates in one week as to whether they were moving on or not, didn't hear anything. 1.5 months later got an email saying candidacy was terminated - um, duh?

Interview Question – None, just surprised it wasn't more conversational.   Answer Question

Tier II IT Support Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details I passed the phone interview with flying colors and they called me in for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – They asked me lot of questions regarding server troubleshooting which I'm not too experienced with   Answer Question

Registered Personal Banker Interview

San Bruno, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2011.

Interview Details The application is online. A pre-screen phone interview is conducted first with basic questions on how certain situations were handled while on a previous job. If the phone screen goes well, then a group face-to-face interview is set up at the Redwood City, CA location. The interviewer will ask the situational questions again such as, "tell me about a time where you didn't reach your goals, so what did you do?" The interviewer will also go over your resume. If the recruiter likes you, then you will be forwarded to one of the managers of a store to interview with him or her.

Interview Question – I don't recall the most difficult question, for the questions were straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base pay offer is approximately $18.00 without prior banking experience, and prior to the licenses.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied via on-campus recruiting in late September. Applied for Commercial Real Estate lending. First interview was 30 minutes. Questions were mostly behavioral, but some were technical. Interned at the another bank before so the technical questions were simple for me. Didn't get a call-back about the second round until 6+ weeks later. Second interview was at Irvine for a position in SF. Second interview was divided into 2 sessions of 30-minutes each. Interviewers were all SVP for the department that I was applying for. Questions were half behavioral and half technical. Stumped on some technical questions. Interviewers would prompt you further if you were stuck though. Emphasized that Wells Fargo was my first choice. Interviewers from both first round and second round had lists of prepared questions.

Interview Question – What is the difference between discount rate and cap rate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate salary, relocation package, start date, etc. but were all rejected. Wells Fargo does give an above-market salary though so difficult to negotiate.

Commercial Real Estate Credit Underwriter Interview

Walnut Creek, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details Applied through on-campus site. Had a phone interview then an in-office interview. Then got the job offer.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate but probably should've.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 117 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.