Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.8

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Regional Diverse Segments Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Panel interview. Be prepared to present powerpoint or written strategic overview on how you would manage the assigned territory. It should include strategies, tactics, resources and budget. It is valuable if you know the territory, the players, the areas that comprise the region and influencial resources that would contribute to the success of your management of the territory. Associations, affiliations, board positions with associated relative partners would be beneficial.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your strategy for increasing the penetration rate of low-to-moderate income and minority target markets as it relates to loan originations?   Answer Question
    Standard based on years of experience and credentials

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2014.

I applied about a little over a month ago online. Took the assessment and right after was asked to schedule a group interview date. I tried scheduled a date and it kept saying that it was not any interview dates available in my area so maybe a couple days later they sent a email saying that more dates are available so I ended up scheduling and then the day before my interview they said that my interview was canceled and I have to reschedule. So I tried to do that and again no dated available. A couple days later dated became available and schedule. So went to the group interview it was about 6 of us. I was told it was suppose to be more but they never showed up. "Thank God". Was about a hour long. We introduced ourselves and answered the questions why we want to work at WF, and where did we previously worked. Then watched a video on the Teller position. Then she asked tell me a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer, and what was you past sales experience and sales goals and how well did you accomplished them. Then she tells us a little about what's next if you past the group interview. I was the one who was voluntarily answering first and was really on point. Exactly a week later they called me for a second interview at the branch that I applied to that same day and was interviewed by the branch manager and her assistant. I feel that my interview went really well and that was just less than 24hrs ago so I'm hoping to receive a call back within a couple days. I'm really praying that I get this job because the hours works perfect with the fact I have a 5 month old and it won't get in the way of going to church. Please pray that I get it.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer, and what was you past sales experience and sales goals and how well did you accomplished them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The hiring was basically a group interview. They ask you a bunch of questions, then you watch a 15 minute video. From there they thank you for coming & let you know that they will keep in touch if they liked you. They never did contact me, but I think part of that was because they initially didnt even have my name on the roster ..bummer.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to share personal stories, which might have been hard because you have to try to stand out in the group of stories.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

A few phone interviews...then an offer! Very simple, straight forward. Very friendly people and they made the organization feel friendly and inviting to work for. I spoke to two different people within the organization and they made a decision very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you come up with an entirely new strategy? Vague question with a vague answer!   Answer Question

Applications Systems Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Initial call by recruiter. Then an in person interview without a technical phone interview which was set up by the hiring manager. Interviewed with four people.
    1.The hiring manager- the first question was have you "really" worked on XYZ. Most questions were on similar lines with a lot of 'really!"s. He also asked some very generic open ended questions where there is no right or wrong answer and said that all my answers were incorrect. When I mentioned about my good past experience with wells fargo, he got offended and told me that he will not give me any brownie points for working with WF in the past and asked me to not mention about my experience with WF. Not sure why!
    During my one on one interview with the hiring manager he was also talking on a different conference call the whole time. Some multi tasking! He would ask a question and totally ignore the answer.
    2.Business person- this was general behavioral questions.
    3 & 4 - Technical interviews with standard questions related to the technology that I applied for.

Overall, I felt like the manager already had some candidate in mind that he wanted to hire, but he went through the interview process to put a check mark on a paper and show his superiors that he had a fair interview process!
    Very negative experience, complete waste of time. I don't think I would have accepted the position even if I was given an opportunity.
    Never heard back from the recruiter.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Signed up through my school's website. Got selected for on campus interview with about 10-15 other students. Half hour behavioral interview which was very simple and not complicated. Got selected for second round interview located in the office. Four, 30 minute interviews at the office with the entire team which comprised of behavioral and financial questions.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation for summer internship

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks. Interview was very smooth, management wants to get to know you in every possible label, they want to see how committed and prepared you are, but they do it in a very easy going manner, very professional. This was before the online test's for aptitude, logical, verbal reasoning, etc, which i believe is something that everyone should pass before getting in at Wells Fargo. I did use an app 'the ultimate career interview' from app store to prepare for online tests. I suggest you to check out where you stand before applying for real.

Interview Questions
    • The group activity was the most difficult part. It really isn't about the answer. It's about showing a little leadership and being open to other's ideas.   Answer Question
    45k contract.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

apply and schedule appointment online make sure you do well on the screen test otherwise you do not get interviews. the interview about 1 hour and 20 minutes 3 question to answer. customer service exp, sales exp, achievement.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Six different team leads interview, ne at a time. Interviews are technical and based on questions from previous projects., If you have real experience than all questions are straight forward. Employer is looking to hire not to eliminate.

Contract was negotiated before interview.

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Filled out the application online and after doing the online test and passing that I received an email a couple of hours later to set up an interview time the following week. It was a group interview with about 11 people which took two hours. We each had to talk about our work experience and why we wanted to work at Wells Fargo. We then watched a 10min video about Wells Fargo about what it is to be a teller at Wells Fargo. The recruiter was pretty straight forward, letting us know she was looking for the best of the best. If your a job hopper, it's not a good look. If you didn't have customer service skills/cashier then maybe it wouldn't be for you since you do have to try to sale Credit cards, checking/checking accounts if they don't have one. During the interview each person had to play a teller scenario which to me was the hardest part and seem to be hard for everyone else but for one person who worked at Wells Fargo before. She let us know that she would be going off of how we dressed to the interview, how we answered the questions, and did we give eye contact. After everything was said and done she let us know that we would either get a phone call sometime in 2weeks to interview with the manager at the bank you would be working or a rejection email. I'm writing this review now because I don't believe anyone including me got the job lol

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was being put on the spot with the teller scenario. Not having any banking experience I found it difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!