Wendy's

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

1.8

Fry Cook Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wendy's.

Very simple interview. Basic questions about what I did in life. Just basic things to get an idea of the person. It's a very simple job so the interview was equally simple. Talked about availability to work, hours, etc. Interview lasted about 10 minutes and was offered a position at that time. Total time from application to interview was about 1 week. Started work 2 weeks after interview.

Minimum wage

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wendy's.

Phone interview, in person interview. The in-person interview was a bit of a joke as the interviewees had to ask generic questions that had nothing to do with the specific position or what they were actually looking for. It was noticeable when they were asking one of the required questions as they wrote down the answer but didn't actually pay attention to the answer.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult/generic questions- describe a time you experienced "situation" and how you responded, describe a certain situation in you're work/personal life that you experienced "whatever"   View Answer
    Manager laughed when I asked if the offer was negotiable

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Wendy's.

Really easy! Only one interview with any manager! its a one on one interview. There really isn't much to say because the people that will interview are amazing and easy going

Took Care of Dining Room, and Kitchen Prep Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Wendy's.

Well it was very lengthy with all of the movies you had to watch, and you were tested. If you couldn't pass the test, I guess you wasn't hired.

Interview Questions
    • Really didn't have many difficulties, I was really a behind the scenes person.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wendy's.

After submitting my application I received a call within 5 hours to schedule an interview. At the interview the manager was late. She had a "when can you start" attitude. I gave her a date, and she said she'd run my background check and get back to me. After a few days of not hearing anything, I called at least once a day for about a week and left several messages. Finally after a week I got an answer. They seem unorganized, frazzled even, but I need the job, so.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Tell me about yourself. Give examples of negative experiences with customers and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Financial Reporting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wendy's.

I actually met the hiring Director for drinks and it turned into a 3 hour interview. I did go into the office to interview with the Controller and HR just to finalize everything.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions or things that were unexpected.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

3 interview process had to meet with 3 different people, they valued the job for more then its worth but when you need the money you take what you can get, so I accepted the offer they gave me.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wendy's in October 2014.

I applied online and the very next day (Wednesday) I scheduled an interview for the following Tuesday. The interview went very smooth and the questions were super easy and straightforward. She had asked me about why I chose that particular place and other typical interview type questions. She was impressed with my resume and my professionalism, even though I am only 16, so have a good professional looking resume and don't forget to look snazzy. And note that I said snazzy and NOT sleepy. Overall it was a pretty typical experience. I am to start working as soon as next week.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me how you have ever dealt with a rowdy customer."   View Answer
    There were no negotiations. It was a simple "New workers start at minimum-wage".

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

The process went great. I applied online and got a call back about 2 weeks later. They asked me to come in for an interview. When I came in I was a bit nervous. I met with the assistant manager and she asked very easy questions and she was very nice. I then had an interview with the second manager, who was a bit more serious but still friendly and asked me about the same questions. They also work with your school schedule which is a definite plus.

Interview Questions
    • Not much difficult questions. But they WILL ask you "Why Wendys?"   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wendy's in October 2014.

I applied online many, many times via Snagajob. No one called me. I called the store, inquired about my application n said to come in to speak to the manager cuz she was doing interviews.

When I got to that Wendys location, I didnt know there was multiple managers there, meaning there was the manager for the Wendys I was applying to and there was 2 other managers that was there to hire ppl at another Wendys that was being built in a mall.

I sat down with the 2 managers that was hiring for the Wendys that was being built in the Mall. I didnt know that until they told me. They asked me if that would be a problem, I was like yeah. So they told me to ask the manager at the Wendys we were sitting at for an interview so indeed I did which was my original reason for coming here.

I asked for the manager I wanted to work for we sat down. I told her what had happened -the confusion and everything.

She was genuinely nice but I could tell she was firm and assertive like how a manager should be imo. She asked me my name and I gave her my resume. She seen I had worked for Dunkin Donuts for some time asked me about it. Told her I had quit cuz of new management. Asked about my availability told her it was open but I prefer the afternoon shift till closing. She said she actually needed ppl for that shift.

Told her about how I know what to expect from fast food places. That its fast paced, no need to be rude to customers when theyre rude to u, be and stay calm, smile. Be fast, precise and effecient

She said Ill be starting at minimum wage 7.93 but depending on my work ethic I can get a raise every 6 months or so. She said that shes strict on cleanliness of the store, would like me to start as a sandwich maker. Asked me when I could start told her as soon as possible. Told me to come in @ 3 tomorrow with the right clothes (black slacks, non slip shoes) to start. And that was that.

My 'interview' was today 10/28/14 and I start tomorrow. Yay. A job is a job. Money.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I need money.