Wendy's

Getting the Interview

162 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Edinboro, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wendy's in February 2010.

Interview Details One interview, it went pretty easily. If you seem like a nice person and you come off as wanting to work, you're hired.

Interview Question – There weren't many questions, they just ask about you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Wendy's in August 2010.

Interview Details First communication coming upon entry to restaurant and requesting application.
Upon completion of application at restaurant, was spoken to on spot.
An in person interview was conducting same day as application. Rather informal interview, especially considering entry level position.

Interview Question – Rather typical interview procedure. Simply inquiring about past experiences, mainly about schooling, since this was a first job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation, considering this is a simple first job with minimum wage pay.

Interviewed at Wendy's

Interview Details -Pretty straightforward- they ask what your schedule is like and if you like to work in a team environment

Interview Question – -Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wendy's.

Interview Details Interviewed with one of the assistant manager, he asked me a bunch of scenario questions such as "has there been a time...", "have you ever.. and why...". He was supposed to write down my answers but he let me write it down myself which i would then tell him what i wrote afterwards. Got interviewed by the GM day after, he just asked things such as why do i want to work here, what hours i want, where i go to school, and where i live. Both interviews were very much like a conversation rather than a interview. I don't think all interviews at Wendy's are like this but i'm glad it did to me because i got the job right after. =)

Interview Question – Has someone ever came up to you and asked for help while you were working on something already, if so what did you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Boca Raton, FL (US)

I interviewed at Wendy's in February 2012.

Interview Details Basically you fill out your application online and make sure you provide a good callback number because if interested they will call you for the interview. The general manager or assistant manager will interview you and ask you questions about your education (college not required, but preferred), skills, and availability.

Interview Question – Why should you be hired for this job?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Wendy's.

Interview Details Simple questions, such as what you've done as previous work if any, are you able to work with others, and so on.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer complains about a food they've received?   View Answer

Cary, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wendy's in February 2014.

Interview Details I received phone/call and e-mail asking me to schedule an interview after I applied online. The manager seemed really eager to talk to me and I thought I would get hired relatively quickly, which didn't happen. Two interviews 3 weeks apart, one with manager and the other with two managers.

Interview Question – None, just common sense situational interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage. No negotiation.

Team Member Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wendy's in February 2013.

Interview Details It was very easy and quick. They asked me about experience and availability. The manager was very blunt and depressing though.

Interview Question – They didn't ask me anything that I had a hard time answering..   Answer Question

Aurora, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wendy's in February 2012.

Interview Details Applied online, got a call a week later and came in the next day. I walked in and was asked about my experience, if I'm more capable of working in the kitchen or with customers. No tough questions, I felt I had the job before I walked in.

Interview Question – Fortunately there wasn't a tough question or an unexpected one. My manager was very up front and didn't beat around the bush.   Answer Question

Peachtree City, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wendy's in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, got an email to set up an interview about 4 hours later. Had the interview 2 days later. Interview took less then 10 minutes. He asked when i can start. And because i had another interview the next day i said i would get back to him tommorow. After the interview the next day that i accepted the job at. I went and asked if he was willing to flex it around the hours on the other. He said yes.

Interview Question – "What does your family think of you applying at Wendys?"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wendy's

Worked for Wendy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wendy's interview questions and advice. All 162 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Wendy's employees and interview candidates.