Westlake Services Interview Questions

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

Nothing really out of the ordinary. Seemed very casual.

Interview Questions

• Cannot think of any specific questions...It was more like a conversation with a friend and I asked some questions.   Answer Question

Franchise Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Westlake Services in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was average, know your stuff! Be prepared to answer all questions truthfully. If you show your on top of your game and want to be number one show it, process took 1 week. If you have the drive to better yourself show it, be honest and upfront. Don't lie you will regret it. Keys to success are learn, learn, learn. The company will offer more than enough training to get you by, and do not be afraid to ask your management for help, everyone is more than willing to help you, your success shows upon them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Sales Interview

Interview

Typical interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Interview

The initial phone interview lasted about an hour, I was being to talk about my past experiences and current projects. The interview consisted mostly behavioral questions and minimal technical questions were involved. After the interview I was being asked to submit several code examples of my own. I sent roughly three emails afterward and expected to hear from them as they promised me that regardless of the outcome I would hear feedback. , however I did not hear anything after multiple email attempts, which I found to be very unprofessional.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

I received a phone call 2 days after I submitted my resume through our school career website. The HR representative asked me if i need sponsorship from the company and my education background kind questions. And she scheduled an skype interview for me first. During the skype interview, the two interviewors from the risk management team are very nice and professional. They asked questions based on my resume, working experiences with specific details. And also my extracuricular activites.
    They also asked me a probability questin.
    After the skype interview, they emailed me a spreadsheet with datas on it. And they require you to analyze the data and answer a question in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 5 people are sitting around a circle. What is the probability that A is sitting next to B   3 Answers

Auto Securities Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through an Indeed posting & heard back later that afternoon
    One Interview, done by the hiring manager for the position -- pretty standard -- he gives a powerpoint presentation of the position & describes the positions expectations
    Turned it over to me to provide my relevant experience & pitch him on why I would be successful in the position

Interview Questions

• What interest did you have before being contacted by Westlake Financial Services in Auto Loans?   2 Answers

The position seemed like if you could mention key words in the interview, you were extended an offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

I was called in for a group interview for and HR Assistant position. I was told to get there 20 minutes early to fill out a lengthy application. Receptionist was kinda snobby which left a bad impression. Interviewed alone with HR Mgr & HR Coordinator. Pleasant interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years? Kinda cliche...but hard at the same time   2 Answers

Insurance Claims Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Firstly was contacted via phone, was asked what some of the current trends are in the industry i work in, was also asked what some of the challenges are. Was called in for a face to face interview shortly after. This interview was very reasonable and I felt like I answered the questions well, but apparently not well enough.

Interview Questions

• With your lack of experience, how would you be able to compete with other candidates that have much more experience than yourself?   1 Answer

Non-Sales Managerial Position (Corporate Support) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

I had been out of work for just a couple of weeks due to a layoff when I received a call from WF on a Friday afternoon. I sent it to voicemail so I could quickly look up the company before calling. I was aggressive in my job search and for some reason thought WF was a regular financial services company (-I have worked in FS before). After finding out that it was sub-prime auto lender, I had mixed feelings about calling this company back, especially after reading some stories and complaints about some of the shady practices of this company with changing people's due dates or outright lying to them. After receiving some bad advice from people who said I should give them a chance, I called back the hiring manager on a Monday and was asked questions about my experience. Immediately when I started speaking to him, I got the impression of a non-friendly type of guy who I wouldn't want to work for. This particular manager questioned me on every detail of my past experience, but not in an inquiring type of way, but in an accusatory type of way, especially when I mentioned my layoff. I've had phone interviews before, and the interaction in this phone interview reminded me of dealing with a used car salesman with very aggressive, defensive attitudes. When I got off the phone, I felt like I needed to take a shower. I understand this is a sub-prime auto lender, but there is something very shady about this place, and aside from desperation of not having a job, I don't know how people can work here and feel good about themselves. I would have had a hard time working for a place like this that targets the poor, the uneducated, or the desperate. I actually tried to go online after the phone interview to delete/rescind my application. The sub-prime auto lending industry is currently unregulated and very predatory, so expect this bubble to pop just like the housing industry a few years ago.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Westlake Financial?   2 Answers

Dealer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Apply for the job or college recruiter will give you an app to apply for. First interview is over the phone. The second and third interview are in person with sales managers and senior execs

Interview Questions

• Why Westlake financial as opposed to other banks   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations, its take this or nothing