Westlake Services

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Collector Interview

Collector

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Westlake Services in April 2011.

Interview Details I did a group Interview where I already had experience in Collections with IRMC previously I worked 2 different campaigns for Direct tv & Western Dental. Where had exceed in maintaining my position as 3rd best Collector from the company keeping my bonus structure high. I learned how to help customer make payment arrangements.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate 12,50 per hour plus Bonus. Instead of 10.00 plus bonus.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview Details Nothing really out of the ordinary. Seemed very casual.

Interview Question – Cannot think of any specific questions...It was more like a conversation with a friend and I asked some questions.   Answer Question

Franchise Account Manager Interview

Franchise Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Westlake Services in September 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process was average, know your stuff! Be prepared to answer all questions truthfully. If you show your on top of your game and want to be number one show it, process took 1 week. If you have the drive to better yourself show it, be honest and upfront. Don't lie you will regret it. Keys to success are learn, learn, learn. The company will offer more than enough training to get you by, and do not be afraid to ask your management for help, everyone is more than willing to help you, your success shows upon them.

Interview Question – Why westlake?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Non-Sales Managerial Position (Corporate Support) Interview

Non-Sales Managerial Position (Corporate Support)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Westlake Services in June 2012.

Interview Details I had been out of work for just a couple of weeks due to a layoff when I received a call from WF on a Friday afternoon. I sent it to voicemail so I could quickly look up the company before calling. I was aggressive in my job search and for some reason thought WF was a regular financial services company (-I have worked in FS before). After finding out that it was sub-prime auto lender, I had mixed feelings about calling this company back, especially after reading some stories and complaints about some of the shady practices of this company with changing people's due dates or outright lying to them. After receiving some bad advice from people who said I should give them a chance, I called back the hiring manager on a Monday and was asked questions about my experience. Immediately when I started speaking to him, I got the impression of a non-friendly type of guy who I wouldn't want to work for. This particular manager questioned me on every detail of my past experience, but not in an inquiring type of way, but in an accusatory type of way, especially when I mentioned my layoff. I've had phone interviews before, and the interaction in this phone interview reminded me of dealing with a used car salesman with very aggressive, defensive attitudes. When I got off the phone, I felt like I needed to take a shower. I understand this is a sub-prime auto lender, but there is something very shady about this place, and aside from desperation of not having a job, I don't know how people can work here and feel good about themselves. I would have had a hard time working for a place like this that targets the poor, the uneducated, or the desperate. I actually tried to go online after the phone interview to delete/rescind my application. The sub-prime auto lending industry is currently unregulated and very predatory, so expect this bubble to pop just like the housing industry a few years ago.

Interview Question – What do you know about Westlake Financial?   View Answers (2)

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Westlake Services

Interview Details Typical interview and hiring process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Auto Securities Broker Interview

Auto Securities Broker
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Westlake Services in March 2013.

Interview Details Applied through an Indeed posting & heard back later that afternoon
One Interview, done by the hiring manager for the position -- pretty standard -- he gives a powerpoint presentation of the position & describes the positions expectations
Turned it over to me to provide my relevant experience & pitch him on why I would be successful in the position

Interview Question – What interest did you have before being contacted by Westlake Financial Services in Auto Loans?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – The position seemed like if you could mention key words in the interview, you were extended an offer.

Auro Securities Broker/Dealer Account Manager Interview

Auro Securities Broker/Dealer Account Manager
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Westlake Services in April 2012.

Interview Details I did a three person panel interview. Asked questions on my resume and my past experiences.The atmoshere was very easy-going. They understood I was a bit nervous, my temp position was ending, and this my way of staying on board. I remember I was the last person they were seeing that day for the program, but they treated my like I was the first person they saw.

Interview Question – They asked me to sell the value of my ca - why I choose it, what did I like about it, etc   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I came with a strong sales background which added to my having a degree. The program is set, you get a standard salary for a year, and then roll into the regualar sales compensation plan.

Dealer Account Manager Interview

Dealer Account Manager
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Westlake Services in June 2012.

Interview Details Apply for the job or college recruiter will give you an app to apply for. First interview is over the phone. The second and third interview are in person with sales managers and senior execs

Interview Question – Why Westlake financial as opposed to other banks   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, its take this or nothing

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Westlake Services

Interview Details The initial phone interview lasted about an hour, I was being to talk about my past experiences and current projects. The interview consisted mostly behavioral questions and minimal technical questions were involved. After the interview I was being asked to submit several code examples of my own. I sent roughly three emails afterward and expected to hear from them as they promised me that regardless of the outcome I would hear feedback. , however I did not hear anything after multiple email attempts, which I found to be very unprofessional.

Entry Level Risk Analyst Interview

Entry Level Risk Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview Details I received a phone call 2 days after I submitted my resume through our school career website. The HR representative asked me if i need sponsorship from the company and my education background kind questions. And she scheduled an skype interview for me first. During the skype interview, the two interviewors from the risk management team are very nice and professional. They asked questions based on my resume, working experiences with specific details. And also my extracuricular activites.
They also asked me a probability questin.
After the skype interview, they emailed me a spreadsheet with datas on it. And they require you to analyze the data and answer a question in 30 minutes.

Interview Question – 5 people are sitting around a circle. What is the probability that A is sitting next to B   View Answers (3)

Worked for Westlake Services? Contribute to the Community!