Wingspan Portfolio

Updated 10 Sep 2014
Updated 10 Sep 2014

2.3

Proposal Writer Interview

Contacted by the firm and asked to apply, went through usual submission online (forms + resume) and made appointment with would-be manager. Appropriate question and response session about professional experience relating to the position - either a person knows how to work in the RFP line of business and express the tools and strategies for success, or it'll be obvious a person is faking it. The would-be manager was very bright and energetic. The interview ended and then the follow-up interview was repeatedly forgotten or re-scheduled by the Manager's direct boss, so the firm basically eliminated themselves from consideration after that disrespectful treatment.

Interview Questions
    • How do you get information to respond to a specific question from a difficult to reach, full of excuses, always busy executive?   View Answer

FHA Claim Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in October 2013.

Job Fair, take a basic assessment of skills, and meet with a company recruiter

Interview Questions
    • nothing too difficult or unexpected just general experience questions   Answer Question
    I asked for a fair market rate

Internal Loan Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio.

Met with a representative from HR, and talked for a bit. Then met the manger for loans, and talked for a bit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult or unexpected, just talked about my background and the company.   Answer Question

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio.

Disorganized "Cattle Call" at Plano Workforce. Hundreds waited for hours because they didn't specify mortgage experience & they shuffled the sign-in sheets. (should have taken this as a "sign") told I would be called but no. tried to ask, but got a smart-aleck lady. 3rd interview was ok. bullcrap. yuk. interviewed 3 times. not an easy process.

they called me with an offer, and it was less than I made before and I was told "it is not negotiable." Was hired at $16, but newbies were hired at $18.00. plenty of people were mad, and we were told they had experience is why they got more. I had experience too. They finally matched my salary (almost), but no benefits going on a year there. They only increased people's salary when they were ashamed of how they had treated people. Worst place I ever worked, but the coworkers were nice.

FHA Claim Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in September 2013.

The hiring and interview process was very good, the interviewer was not rigid in his way of questioning. Those how took over from him were so welcoming, easy going ladies who never hesitated in answering any question and directing me.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio.

Initial interview was satisfactor, other interviews by upper mgmt were non-intutive and bordering on hostile and non-interest.

Interview Questions
    • How to bail them out of a problem they had with one of their clients.....now why would I do that when I am not on their payroll.   View Answer

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in January 2013.

You will speak to upper management then to supervisors and also take a test to be sure that you are able to do the job asked. You will be told about the position and expectations pertaining to it in detail.

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in July 2012.

I attended a job fair exactly a week prior to my interview and it was clear at that time that I wanted the job and that I would be called for an interview. I waited two business days and was contacted for an interview by an HR Manager who was friendly and professional. Hours later another manager called to tell me what time to come in for that interview. So far I loved the managers I had met. The following day, I interviewed with a manager who was kind and a little more serious than the others. My only concern at this point is will I become a permanent employee or one of the eternal contractors I saw socializing rather than working. In the interview, I received no guarantee that I'd move up. My mortgage experience seemed irrelevant. I was told that I needed to shine in order to get recognized. And I will.

One thing you should know: There's a test! It's not difficult if you know the difference between a Sentence and a Fragment, have critical thinking skills and have prepared answers for potential interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult. You should know how to answer questions like: How did you handle a challenging situation at your job. Strengths and Weaknesses. Relationship with former boss. Things you didn't like about former job. Why did you leave. The dress code and appearance of some of the employees gave me a false sense of security; however the interview was not a super relaxed interview!   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because it was more than I expected it to be!

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in June 2012.

Hiring process was short, interviewed with a former VP and took a couple of weeks because of the background check.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they made offer.

Mortgage Processor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in January 2012.

This was the easiest Interview process I went through every one that attended the job fair was offered a position, no matter what type of previous work experience you had.

Interview Questions
    • Not many person questions where asked only thing i remember was being ask how did you handle a certain situation in your previous job.   Answer Question

Worked for Wingspan Portfolio? Contribute to the Community!