Wipro Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct 2014
1,154 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer - Wipro Technologies Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wipro.

This was for Wipro Star Programme

1st was an 75 min. online test.1st was 45 min mcq test divided into 3 sections-Verbal,Analytical Reasoning/Quant and 3rd was Technical.

2nd was a technical round.I was first asked to give my intro. Then they went through my marksheets and asked me my favorite subjects and reason for the same.I told them that I love mathematics and data structures so he tried to check my in depth understanding of linked lists.He tried to puzzle me a lot but my advice is stay confident with what you know.Most of the elimination was till this round.Most students were rejected after this round.

3rd round was an HR round.There were general HR questions,only some were tricky but if you have good communicational skills u would easily clear it.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare some common OS and DBMS(normalization) questions.There is very high probability of them asking all this.   Answer Question

Trainee Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wipro.

The interview process had 3 rounds -

Aptitude Round - Consisted of Quantitative, Logical Reasoning and Verbal with 15-20 questions in each section. A separate section on Basic C,C++ had questions asked through pseudo-codes. Shortlisted candidates progressed to next round.

Essay Writing Round - This round was included for shortlisting candidates for interview. It was just a pre-requisite to the interview process.

Interview - Pretty straightforward. Included both Technical/HR. Told to write two programs in C (arranging numbers in a given pattern). Rest of the questions were of HR type.

Applied from Campus -- No negotiation

1st Round-Aptitude test if selected then
    2nd Round -Essay (no termination)
    3rd Round -Technical interview
    4th Round -HR interview

Interviewer will ask questions on Essay(Current topics) and other technical topics.
    Final year project is a favorite area of questions.

HR will ask about any preferred location,please say you can work in any location.

Project Engineer Interview

Their was a walk-in for project engineer. The process was very good and fast. The interview has one technical round and another HR round. The technical round is taken by multiple interviews which is related with C programming, Embedded technology and operating system concepts.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are related with C programming, OS concepts etc   Answer Question

Development Role Interview

the first round was group discussion.my topic was should children be restricted to television.only 2 of the 15 people were eliminated.the next round was aptitude which is a mass elemination round.out of the 160 people only 80 people were selected.next round was technical round and followed by hr interview.

Project Engineer Interview

Pooled campus interview. 3 rounds of interview. written followed by hr. Overall it was a good experience. All you need is to be good at computer science fundamentals followed by your class subjects.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida

There are total 4 rounds in fresher recruitment process:
    1) Aptitude Test
    2) Essay Writing
    3) Technical Interview
    4) HR round

If you will clear first two rounds then you will be called for technical interview in which interviewer may ask conceptual questions on engineering subjects and in addition to that you may get some question on some languages like C, C++ and Java. After clearing this round you will have a HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • while recruiting freshers they ask basic questions only.   Answer Question

IT Mass Recruitment Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wipro.

Its in-campus mass recruitment process .Consists of two rounds:
    1.Written: Students with 80% and above in Xth,XIIth and UG were selected directly for PI.And others had to give the written online test.I dont know more about the written test,as I belong to first category.But I can say that it was AMCAT n conducted by aspiring minds.(Look up for AMCAT by aspiring minds for other companies,its just the same)
    2.Technical:It was one-on-one interview.the interviewer asked me 5 questions.I'm from mechanical branch so 3 questions from my course (Welding process,HMT) and 2 quants questions(percentage,years)
    3.HR(optional):Some of the students were called randomly for HR interview but I dont think it was something

Interview Questions
    • All questions asked to me were very simple but I would advise all CS n IT people to brush up there C skills and non-CS people to have a basic knowledge of ur important courses(For mech : Strength of materials,HMT,Engineering Mechanics)   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wipro.

The first round was a Group discussion round,And then everyone was allowed for Technical round one.Half of the candidates were rejected at the first round and then there was the Technical round two, it was a little tough and detailed but not impossible. The last was theHR round.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Wipro.

It is simple technical by senior technical architect and followed by customer. Internal interview is bit tough but customer interview is easy. Practical Architect skills need to be sharpened before interview

Interview Questions
    Check in glassdoor and negotiate accordingly