YMCA

2.3

MEDICAL Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at YMCA in October 2012.

My planning is get n government job with 3 interveiw and bonus according to my work

Day Camp Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

Emailed my resume to head of childcare department, got a phone call later that day to schedule interview. Interview was focused on my prior experience and behavioral questions to assess my ability to hold the position. Was offered position 4 days later by phone and had to go in twice for paperwork/training.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been responsible for disciplinary actions?   Answer Question
    No negotiating, pay was hourly minimum wage.

YMCA Camp Counselor Interview

Friend told me one of the counselors left and they needed someone, applied the next day got an email hours later to come in for an interview next week, 3 days after got the job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a situation with a child who is being disruptive?   Answer Question

Child Watch Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at YMCA.

It was a wonderful interview process and extremely in depth. The YMCA prides itself on hiring high quality employees and goes through an extensive application interview to ensure your values are in alignment with the YMCA values.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a parent experiencing separation anxiety when leaving their child with us?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for this part-time position but it was clearly expressed there would be an opportunity for a raise in 6 months.

Group Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at YMCA.

Longest interview process ever. Some interview over the phone some in person once you get pass that process you have to go get finger printed and drug tested then wait around till your background check and drug test comes back clean then finally sign your new hire paper work. My whole process took about two months

Member Services Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Easy, phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes and an in-person interview the following week with the center director and one other person. Got a call one week later with a job offer and had one 3 days to accept or decline.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? I honestly did not want to work there at the time, but needed a job. And now I love it!!   Answer Question
    did not negotiate. I had a degree and was desperate for a job...any job.

Lead Head Start Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

There will be two interviews. The first one was with the director and education supervisor. They will take turn asking questions and will have a back and forth conversation with you. It is pretty easy if you know what you are talking about. After that if they like you, you will be asked to come in and do a working interview. They will place you in a room and will let you interact with the the teachers and children for about a hour. There are cameras in the room so I'm sure they are watching you the whole time. After that they will call and offer you the job. Took about a week to do.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a parent who was upset with you and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation

Part-Time Custodian Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at YMCA in January 2015.

Applied in August 2014. Called for 15 minute phone interview January 2015. I was a bit surprised by the phone call given the time between submitting the application and the call. Anyway, typical behavorial questions during the phone interview. "Describe a time where you had to deal with an uncomfortable situtation. How did you handle it?"

At the end of the 15 minute interview with the hiring manager, I was told to expect an email to give permission to conduct a background check. I received the email six days later.

Visual Arts Nstructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at YMCA in January 2015.

Contacted quickly, interviewed the next week. References took a while because interviewer had to play phone tag. Interviewer was friendly, knowledgeable and interested in me as a person not just as an employee. References took a few weeks, as she kept calling them at very strange times and took a bit to return calls.

Customer Service Representative (Part Time) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

Submitted in person application form to front desk
    Got a phone call in about a week to schedule for in person
    Was interviewed by a Supervisor and was hired on the spot
    Pretty straight forward

Interview Questions
    • Questions overall weren't hard
      Typical interview questions.
      If you were on the phone with a client while another client came to the gym in person seeking assistance, what would you do?

Answer Question