YMCA

261 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Lab Technician Interview

New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at YMCA in October 2012.

Interview Details My planning is get n government job with 3 interveiw and bonus according to my work

Interview Question – How much salary do you want?   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at YMCA in February 2013.

Interview Details After completing an online application I was called in to interview with the director of Member Services. She was very ice and seemed quite pleasant. She asked me the basic interview questions, however focusing on customer service. Asked about my experience and why I would like to be apart of the YMCA team. Also made it very clear that they aimed to provide the very best customer service and experience. I was showed around a bit and was told I would hear back soon. I was then called in again to meet with one of the member services managers who was not as pleasant as the lady I'd met with before. She seemed like she didn't like her job but it paid the bills. She reiterated the focus on customer service and told me "you don't get paid a lot so you have to like what you do". This was awkward but we soon finished. I was then sent an email shortly after that meeting offering me the position and I went in to fill out paperwork and started working the following week.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for the YMCA.   View Answer

Children's Waiting Room Attendant Interview

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details The key experience is experience working with children. The interview was focused on experience working with children, background checks, personality, and creativity.

Front Desk Interview

Rome, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details Interview process was fairly straightforward. I submitted an application and was interviewed a couple of days after. I found out that I had gotten the job the same day that I interviewed, so the waiting period was not long at all. The interview was a behavioral one, so it was not very difficult. I got the sense that they wanted to see how well the job would fit into my personality given the types of questions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   View Answer

Membership Staff Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details Initially I was reached out by email about the position after I applied online through a college job site. I went in for only one interview and it was with three other individuals applying for the same position. There were no formal questions about our backgrounds, experience or education. It was only three questions that involved arts and crafts that showed our personalities. It was an interesting interview and not one that I had ever experienced before.

Interview Question – Using the arts supplies created something that shows your personality.   View Answer

Nursery School Director Interview

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details From initial contact to final interview (I was one of two finalists for the position) the environment was professional, easy to follow and pleasant. It's clear that the New Canaan Y has a strong process in place for recruitment. Multiple interview rounds reflected the team's commitment to finding a qualified candidate. Excellent experience all around!

Interview Question – How do you feel about parents who want to become more involved in their child's classroom?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Camp Counselor Interview

Putnam Valley, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details I signed up for an unpaid CIT position the following summer. After successfully proving myself, I filled out a paper application. I was contacted the next day and scheduled an interview. The interview itself was very nonchalant and relaxed. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would be receiving a letter of acceptance in a few days.

Interview Question – "A child has run away from your group of children. You have no one else to watch your group, but there are other staff members nearby. What would you do in this situation?"   View Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in May 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and received a call from HR within 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, I met with 5 team members. It was a fairly painless process.

Coach Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details I went in person

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations only one option

Emergency Services Associate Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details One phone interview and one in-person interview at the Corporate Office. Staff from beginning to end were very welcoming and joyous to have me there. It was very relaxing for me and a great positive environment. Asked me great questions and even asked for a short presentation from me. Gave me ample time to interview and ask questions about the job. Well worth it.

Negotiation Details – The salary was at what I was willing to take so there was no negotiating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at YMCA

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at YMCA interview questions and advice. All 261 interview reviews are posted anonymously by YMCA employees and interview candidates.