YMCA

Relevance Date Difficulty

MEDICAL Lab Technician Interview

MEDICAL Lab Technician
New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at YMCA in October 2012.

Interview Details My planning is get n government job with 3 interveiw and bonus according to my work

Interview Question – How much salary do you want?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Lifeguard
Spring Hill, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details I filled out an application and I was called for an interview with the Aquatics Director. The interview was quick and consisted of basic questions like why are you interested in this job? What are your past experience as a lifeguard? Availability? Certifications?

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty basic, perhaps the most difficult was why would I like to work as a lifeguard? Be prepared for scenario questions as to how to perform under an emergency.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Member Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details Pretty basic. You need to know about the company, be ready to talk about why you want to work there and what you can contribute. Know their environment. Be ready to speak about your past experience and your resume and what is on it. Be an outgoing individual, you will be the face of the business and they need to see that you are a relatable person and someone who they would enjoy having around.

Interview Question – Name a weakness or how would you handle a difficult customer   View Answer

Health and Wellness Director Interview

Health and Wellness Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details Submitted resume and cover letter via internet. Received a phone call to schedule phone interview. After phone interview received a call back to schedule face to face interview with 3 individuals. After interview received a call back from direct report.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position for this job?   Answer Question

Kid Zone Interview

Kid Zone
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details Very basic, easy interview.i applied online but knew someone who used to work there. I got a phone call asking for an interview, (no phone call interview). i went in and got the job with in 10-15 minutes. The hardest questions they asked were what I thought I could bring to the Y and why I wanted to work here. overall easy. No official training required before my first day, even though there should be.

Interview Question – The hardest questions they asked were what I thought I could bring to the Y and why i wanted to work here.   View Answer

Co-Teacher Interview

Co-Teacher
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in October 2011.

Interview Details The hiring process was very simple and to the point. During a one on one interview the interviewer asked scripted questions to determine the candidate's capabilities and qualification for the position.

Interview Question – Questions were straight forward and to the point.   Answer Question

YMCA Youth Counselor Interview

YMCA Youth Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in May 2013.

Interview Details The interview process takes no more than two weeks not including the training. There is an initial interview asking what you will bring to the team and why you should be hired. You must then take an online questionnaire and watch aseries of videos about working with children. You then are asked questions based on what you watched at a follow up interview. You must take a full drug test at your choice of a list of locations they provide to you promtply after the interview process.

Interview Question – They will ask you things along the lines of How you will handle a situation where a student comes to you with a personal problem. Theybasically ask you situational questions on how to safeley handle working with children or communicating with their parents.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NOt much negotiation for pay

Youth Program Director Interview

Youth Program Director
Columbia, SC (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at YMCA in July 2014.

Interview Details I emailed the executive director my resume! He immediately emailed me for an interview. The interview was smooth. The executive was nice and he made me feel like I was already apart of the YMCA! He asked about my education and experience! I had to map out a typical day of a development program! For the most part, I think they look at personality and what positive traits you can bring to the"Y!"

Interview Question – No difficult questions! General related job questions.   Answer Question

Fitness Trainer Interview

Fitness Trainer

I applied online and interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details There were two interviews for this position. A phone interview and an in person interview. All of the questions were the standard questions you would find on google. Good luck!

Interview Question – Explain your greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Referee Interview

Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Referee
Navarre, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA in April 2010.

Interview Details One interview, kind of a sham, no real interview due to working there volunteering for years before, logging tons of hours. It was all very relaxed, and friendly. The upper management was always supportive of staff referring people to the company, and quite trusting so knowing a few people also helped the interviewing process.

Interview Question – How long do you plan on staying with the YMCA   Answer Question

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!