YMCA

Relevance Date Difficulty

MEDICAL Lab Technician Interview

MEDICAL Lab Technician
New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at YMCA in October 2012.

Interview Details My planning is get n government job with 3 interveiw and bonus according to my work

Interview Question – How much salary do you want?   Answer Question

Membership Coordinator Interview

Membership Coordinator
Norfolk, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at YMCA in July 2010.

Interview Details Interviewed by two directors. Easy interview--basic questions. Asked about my background and goals that I had reached in previous job and talked about the expectations of the job they were offering to me. I was asked if I was willing to work hard toward those goals.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, just general interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation options.

Very Easy Interview

Day Camp Counselor Interview

Day Camp Counselor

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in March 2012.

Interview Details Applied on line in February of 2012. In March, I was contacted for an interview at a Local YMCA branch. They asked a very standard mix of behavior and situational interview questions. It was a very open environment, everyone there seemed very happy and motivated. The cultural environment was beginning to change and the interviewer was asking questions off of two different standard lists because the YMCAs of Minneapolis and St. Paul had just merged.

Interview Question – What would you do if one of the children in your group injured themselves?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They only negotiate if you are an internal applicant. Even then they are unwilling to give you more than a 25 cent raise over what you are currently making.

YMCA Daycare Assistant Interview

YMCA Daycare Assistant
Jefferson City, MO (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at YMCA in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied by sending in an online application by mail. I was called about a week later for an interview. It was a very quick interview (lasted about 10 minutes). I was called the next day with job offer.

Interview Question – How would you deal with conflict?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed. The job already came with a free membership.

YMCA Summer Camp Counselor Interview

YMCA Summer Camp Counselor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in April 2014.

Interview Details After applying online, I was emailed about a week or two later asking that I put my named down to participate in a group interview. I do not do very well in groups, but luckily there was only about five other people there. The interview itself didn't last for that long and the people are really nice. They asked pretty simple questions and the good thing about group interviews is that if someone offers to answer a question first, it gives you more time to think about the answer while other people go ahead. All in all, the process was pretty fast and simple

Interview Question – No questions were that difficult, but this was my second interview at the YMCA so they all ask the same questions (especially if you are going for a counselor position). The only question that trumped me was one about my most creative ideas and me not being the most creative when it comes to certain things, did stump me. That was just me though; others might do fine.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Member Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details Pretty basic. You need to know about the company, be ready to talk about why you want to work there and what you can contribute. Know their environment. Be ready to speak about your past experience and your resume and what is on it. Be an outgoing individual, you will be the face of the business and they need to see that you are a relatable person and someone who they would enjoy having around.

Interview Question – Name a weakness or how would you handle a difficult customer   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Lifeguard Interview

Lifeguard
Spring Hill, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details I filled out an application and I was called for an interview with the Aquatics Director. The interview was quick and consisted of basic questions like why are you interested in this job? What are your past experience as a lifeguard? Availability? Certifications?

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty basic, perhaps the most difficult was why would I like to work as a lifeguard? Be prepared for scenario questions as to how to perform under an emergency.   Answer Question

Health and Wellness Director Interview

Health and Wellness Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details Submitted resume and cover letter via internet. Received a phone call to schedule phone interview. After phone interview received a call back to schedule face to face interview with 3 individuals. After interview received a call back from direct report.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position for this job?   Answer Question

Camp Counsellor Interview

Camp Counsellor

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details Applied at a job fair in the mall. Had to go into the YMCA for an interview during march break (this was good timing, as they seem to understand that you are students and made it work for you). It was with two senior members of the camp you would be working for. It was very relaxed and casual. questions were behavioural based. Heard back 3 weeks later saying i got the job.

Interview Question – How you would deal with campers bullying. Its hard because there is no right answer but definitely a few wrong answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I interviewed at YMCA in July 2010.

Interview Details sent my cover and resume online. within a week, got a call back and did the initial interview. It was with the office manager and the branch assistant. Got a second interview in the same week. It was with the branch director and branch assistant. After the 2nd interview, I had to wait another two weeks before letting me know I received the position.

Interview Question – How will you fit into the culture of the YMCA   Answer Question

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!