YMCA

2.3

MEDICAL Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at YMCA in October 2012.

My planning is get n government job with 3 interveiw and bonus according to my work

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview was unprofessional. Two interviewers were in the interview and one was texting the whole time while asking questions and the other one took a phone call and left the room, and never returned. It seemed like I never had their undivided attention from the start. They mainly asked behavioral questions and the interview did not last longer than 15 minutes. After the interview, they tell you that they will be in contact with you via ApplicantOne (their online application server) in less than 14 days. It took about a week to get a response from them. They told me they found another person for the job, although if they offered it to me I probably would not have taken it due to how unprofessional the interview went.

Fitness Coach Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

1 interview for part time Fitness Coach staff, it was very nice the manager was nice and it was in the gym so it made me feel comfortable. the questions were to make sure i knew about weightlifting and overall "health and fitness". dieting was a plus apparently but not a requirement having a CPT was also a plus but not needed.

Interview Questions
    • if i had a 75 year old client what would i ask them about health and how would i come up with a workout plan and why   Answer Question

Membership Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Applied online through their website. Recieved a phone call to schedule an interview about two weeks later. Interview felt awkward. In a small space with another employee doing his work at a desk.

Interview Questions

The hours and the pay were not as posted. Wanted me to work specifically early hours and could not gurantee me more than 10 hours per week.

Member Service Representative Interview

Called in for a interview, sat down and met with hiring managers. It lasted about an hour and mainly concentrated on my experience with customer service, computer use, and values to see if they were consistent with those of the YMCA. They were mainly concerned with my availability and if I could work alone, as most shifts were just for one person. They also wanted to know my commitment to the YMCA and how dedicated I was to their values. I was only interviewed by one person.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a conflict I had to solve.   View Answer

Wellness Coach III Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

I was an internal candidate and the process took about 6 to 8 weeks....Very long and drawn out. Did a phone interview then one with the VP and associate VP then a 2 different panel interviews.

No negotiations

Healthy Living Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Most positions at the Y will have a 3 person interview process. If you are applying for a childcare position, expect group interviews followed by a regular interview. Check the website for job leads and apply to positions online. Some YMCAs will do a phone interview so be prepared if you recieve a call in regards to a position. The next stage is an interview with at least two staff members present. After the interview, it might take a while to be offered the position. It can take anywhere from a week to a month depending on the YMCA and time of year.

Interview Questions
    • There will be at least one question that may feel it has no face value such as What cereal would you be and why?   View Answer

Zumba Instructor Interview

The interview process was easy. I just came in and talked with the director and asked me my availability. I didn't have to audition which I was surprised about. I guess they heard great things about me maybe that's why.

Membership Service Representative Interview

Lots of, "What do I do on my spare time..?" Questions which focus on the potential employee's personal life.
    The hiring process wasn't very lengthy. It was a standard background check and drug test. However, in order to clock in or use the computer for crucial work related tasks you need a Daxko ID number which wasn't given to me for about 3 weeks. This made my job very tedious for that time, but other than that it was a seamless transition to this new job.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

I was brought in for an interview from a referral. I knew someone who helped out at Y with their charity events. The interview was very standard. Most of the questions involved analyzing my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • They ask me a series of questions about what I would do if a camper faced danger and how I would handle situations with other co-workers.   Answer Question