YWCA

Updated 18 Dec 2014
Updated 18 Dec 2014

2.5

Relief Advocate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YWCA.

I applied online, got a call 1-2 weeks later. The manager was friendly and approachable during the interview, answered all my questions. It was a positive environment and experience.

Interview Questions
    • What does empowerment mean to you?   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time that you were disappointed with the outcome (preferably in a job setting).   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a client wanted to leave the shelter and return to an unstable environment?   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at YWCA.

Applied in person, very easy and fast process. just the basic questions like tell me about your self. asked about what software i am familiar with. Also ask about company history and what iknow about the history of the organization

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at YWCA in October 2014.

I applied online. Came into an interview the next day to the school. Met with the interviewers and saw a lot in the process. After the interview they indicated I should get 3 references and 3 recommendation letters which had to be put on a letterhead and signed by the recommenders.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable do you feel in discussing gender and race with youth?   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

I had one meeting with the ED. They hired me on the spot with no further interviewing or vetting. My being hired had nothing to do with my skills and everything to do with who I knew.

No negotiation offered.

Administration Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YWCA.

5 people interviewed me, asked regular questions, mainly about the nature of the job.

Interview Questions
    • How you do your daily work!!! I dont know what that means   Answer Question

The pay was less than what expected

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YWCA.

I received an email response to an online submission. Setting up the interview was relatively smooth, although the person setting up the interview was not clear on who I was meeting with. The interview was fine. It seemed we would go to the next stage, but then (as sometimes happened) no one called. After almost a month, I checked in. No reply. 10 months later the position is still posted. Strange.

Employment Counsellor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YWCA.

Two interviews followed promptly by a job offer. The interviews were both panel interviews with each panelist taking turns asking a predetermined series of questions. You must know the YWCA mission and be clear that you are a good fit. There was also a practical test to assess computer skills.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever experienced an ethical dilemma with a client?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on salary. All employment counsellors made the same hourly wage regardless of their education or experience.

Development Intern Interview

Friendly and welcoming, overall a great interview experience

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at YWCA in August 2013.

Met with HR, they directed me to Labcorp facility by my house for a drug test and background check. Was given offer after I successfully completed both.

No negotiation. $10 an hour, $15 an hour for OT

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at YWCA in April 2013.

Very impressive process. The interviewers asked several challenging questions that displayed their commitment to hire the best candidate. They freely shared their input about the organization and the job and their passion for the YWCA.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult client you've served (with follow-up probing questions)   Answer Question
    very reasonable and fair. In general, negotiation is limited or nil in most nonprofits