Yahoo

Yahoo Summer Technical Intern Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Technical Intern Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo.

Contacted by recruiter who set up a phone interview. Did some coding thing during the call. A month later, recruiter contacted me again to set up another interview. Never heard from them again..

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between a binary tree and an ordered binary tree? Question was so simple it threw me off   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Summer Technical Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yahoo.

Was contacted by email a month after applying. I had a phone interview with 2 separate teams. Both went well. Had two second round phone interviews, one with each team, about a week after the first one. Went well also. I was told by HR I should know the result for both teams within a week. Now, it has been almost 3 weeks since that and I've contacted HR multiple times through email with no response. When I called them they told me they are still interviewing other candidates and I should know the result soon. I have a deadline for other offers so I'll have to accept those offers because Yahoo has a horrible interview process and they do not care about any time constraints or the fact that the interviewee has other deadlines. Don't apply for this company, you'll be wasting your time. I don't know what's going to happen to my result but if they end up offering me the position over the next week or so I will decline it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, basic questions including topics like systems programming, web servers, some perl questions. All based on resume pretty much.   Answer Question

Horrible interview process, they do not care about deadlines and take their sweet time to get back to you (if they even do get back to you).

Summer Technical Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in March 2013.

Dropped an resume at university job fair, received an email about interview one month later. Since I am interviewing with yahoo mobile team, the first interview mainly focused on the knowledge about Android, also includes some basic Java knowledge questions. One week later, I had a second interview. Surprisingly, almost all the questions are about Java knowledge as well.

After the second interview, since I have other offers approaching deadline. I sent several emails regarding my situation, in hope for that I can have their decision earlier. However, after two weeks of wait, finally I got one email from the recruiter. The email is very vague. So she said that "the feedback was positive, but I am waiting to hear if there are additional teams that would be interest in discussing opportunities with you further". Without mentioning their actual decision.

I don't know what's going on with Yahoo. But what I guess is that they actually had the position full.

Interview Questions
    • We asked a question about weak reference in C++, since I am not familiar with C++, I failed to ask that question.   View Answer

Summer Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I dropped my resume through campus career fair. It took them about three or four weeks to contact me. There were two phone calls in total. The first one was technical interview, one hour long, and the second one mainly focuses on my interests.