Yard House Hostess Interview Questions

Updated 26 Jan 2015

2.0

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yard House in October 2014.

Interview

When I went in for my interview, I waited just a few minute before I was approached by one of the managers. It was friendly and welcoming, which then another manager came to interview me. They both asked generally the same questions, though were gauging my response They asked somewhat personal questions, nothing inappropriate, but to be friendly and get a better feel for who I am and my work ethic. I believe that that's what made them give the general manager the okay to higher me. So based off these two, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was what I wanted to gain from being hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Yard House

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yard House (Northridge, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by one of the managers and he made me feel so comfortable. I was not offered the job and would have accepted if asked.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult about the interview. I was asked simple questions and felt like I was talking to a friend.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yard House (Roseville, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

in person for 10-15 minutes

Interview Questions

• do you know anything about Yard House and what our restaurant strives for?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yard House (Denver, CO (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Open interview process as posted on craigslist, brought in filled out application and resume. Was asked to meet with various people in manager rules at the restaurant before sitting one on one with a chef. I was asked about experience in kitchens abroad (as indicated on resume) and general availability questions

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yard House (Temecula, CA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied in person and was asked to come back for an open interview. I went back on the specified day, and saw there were about three or four other people there for the interview as well. I waited for about 20 minutes, and then I was called up. I talked to the manager for about 10 minuets about the basics, and then he went and brought over the "host" manager to complete the interview.