Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

249 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yelp in June 2014.

The other posts on the interview for the account executive position were very accurate. I had an initial phone screening and was invited in to the New York office for a face to face interview. Overall everyone in the office was very nice and it seemed like a fun place to work. There were interviews with three managers lasting about ten minutes each. General behavioral questions that you need to answer in the STAR format and also questions asking what you would do in specific situations in the office or on the phone with a potential client. Each of the managers had me do a role play and after giving me advice let me try it again. Also, the second and third managers will ask you how your previous interviews went- be sure to remember the advice from your previous role plays because they may ask about it. Be sure to take their advice and really don't be afraid to really push to sell their product. They want to see your enthusiasm and ability to take criticism and use it to improve on your performance. Good luck!

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

interviewed at Yelp in September 2013.

The interview was exactly as stated on glass door. There was an initial Skype interview, which is followed by their critique. They tell you what they think you should work on.. pay close attention.. this is what they want to hear in round 2. Interview is easy but pay in minimum wage.

Minimum wage pay.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Yelp.

Starts off with a phone interview that is fairly simple and asks what you are currently doing and what you are wanting to do. Pretty much a test to see if you can communicate and have an interesting background and ambition. Then there is 2nd interview where you have three different sections that ask about yourself and general interview questions followed by role play. The role play is not the easiest because they put you on the spot so be quick and keep it simple. After that you should await a phone call the next few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Yelp.

I received an email asking to do a preliminary phone interview and we scheduled it for the following day. I spoke to a male but right away, the conversation felt VERY rushed and he didn't seem very personable. I know I'm the one being interviewed but I personally don't like when interviews feel rushed and unimportant. He just asked me basic questions about my knowledge of the company and the services they offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular but like I said, it felt very rushed.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Yelp.

I was struggling looking for a post-college job so my friend who works at Yelp mentioned this position and sent me a referral invite. I've never had experience with Sales but hey it would be a great experience and the culture is pretty awesome for someone in their early 20's.

Details:
    Took an assessment which was pretty straight forward and then moved on to a phone screen. That was pretty simple too, just have to be able to hold up a conversation. Then got to the on site interview. This for me was pretty tough, they put you in role playing situations and you have to be able to think on your toes and be personable.

While I didn't get the job, I have to appreciate how relatively quick they made the whole process

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were able to convince someone of something   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

First interview is a phone one. Be prepared for a role playing exercise and perhaps some questions about your biggest success or failure so far. Be confident during this interview and you should make it to round 2.

Interview Questions
    • None really. It's a straightforward process if you've ever done a cold call or been in sales. If you haven't, your best bet is to act more aggressive than usual and don't take no for answer during the interview process.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Yelp in August 2014.

I submitted a resume/cover letter and completed an aptitude test. Then a recruiter contacted me, set up a short 10 minute phone interview to clear salary levels and give a basic overview of the position. At the end of that, the recruiter scheduled an in-person interview at the office. The in-person interview lasted about an hour. I was brought into a room by the first interviewer, asked a few questions (behavioral, analytical, etc.) then given a role play. At the end of that role play, I was given feedback, and the interviewer left the room. A few minutes later, a new interviewer came into the room, asked what feedback I had received from the previous role play. The interviewer asked me to incorporate that feedback into a new role play. The interviewer then gave me feedback about the second role play, asked me a few questions, and left the room. The same procedure happened one final time with a third interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Role Play 1: Set up a meeting over the phone with the owner of the restaurant to talk about Yelp. (spoiler- the owner doesn't want to advertise on the Internet)

Role Play 2: You have already talked with a store owner the previous day and decided on a marketing plan. Call the restaurant again to start setting up the paperwork. (spoiler- the owner has changed their mind and doesn't want to advertise with Yelp)

Role Play 3: Sell a familiar product. (spoiler- interviewer isn't that interested in the product)
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Yelp in May 2013.

My friend who worked there sent me a link applied online got a phone interview shortly after. They called a little late which I thought was a tad unprofessional but didn't concern me much

Interview Questions
    • What will you bring to the position?

What other positions are you applying for?
        View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Applied on Yelp. Filled out a survey and within 2 days was called to schedule an initial phone interview. First interview went smooth, just wanted to make sure I was interested in Yelp and explained in full disclosure what the position was and salary (no negotiation, but good commission structure). Went into the SF office for in-person interview and met with 3 different people. Make sure to know your stuff about Yelp, but more specifically be prepared to tackle three different situations as explained here.

Interview Questions
    • Try to convince a business owner to schedule a time with you to talk about what Yelp can offer   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Yelp.

I got skype interview, and you have to role play. There were three managers, and asked you to role play. It's not difficult but preparing yourself. They are pretty nice and after you role play, and they will give you feedback. You can learn a lot and skills from their feedback.

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!