Yodle Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
83 interviews

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Yodle in August 2014.

I applied online and two days later I received a phone call for an initial interview. The first interview was with two people, mainly assessing my interest in the company and the position, as well as my going over my experience. The second interview with the hiring manager was a behavioral one asking questions about different scenarios I might face or dealt with in the past.

Some of the questions: Why Yodle? Why you? Sales experience? Most successful/challenging sale?

Take it or leave it

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yodle.

interview phone & in person (Year ago)really nothing to add - very easy - will take most anyone breathing that can answer a few questions and can handle a power point - must be able to read!

Interview Questions
    • what kind of salesman are you Samaria or nijia   View Answer
    none

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yodle in August 2014.

Within hours of submitting my application online, I received a screening interview call. The call lasted under ten minutes and was primarily based on confirming the information on my résumé. At the end of call a 1:1 interview was set up with the Hiring Manager for the following day.

The second interview began by focusing on my résumé — specifically the cold calling experience I have. The quotas are based on attaining 15 solid leads per week. Commissions for these are split with the senior reps when the accounts close.

After assessing that my skill set might be above entry level, the manager explained the senior rep opportunities explaining the differences between the transactional and relational sales opportunities. Both have a $20K base salary with commission ranging from 40-70% depending on where your monthly sales fall within the entirety of the sales reps. After explaining all of this to me, the manager paused and asked what I thought. Turns out this was actually a job offer.

I was a bit caught off-guard since I was not expecting an offer after a 20 minute conversation. I inquired as to benefits and vacation and was informed that the position included medical with Aetna, dental/vision, pet insurance, 3 weeks vacation (10 hours accrued per month), and company holidays (10 per year).

Interview Questions
    • How many cold calls were you expected to make in a day? And how many closes were you expected to make in a week?   Answer Question

While this is clearly a rapidly growing company, the entirety of their sales is based on scripted cold calling. It appears to be a fantastic place to gain experience and demonstrate quota capacities. However, at this juncture, it does not seem the most appropriate career step for my goals.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. I responded and have not heard back. I prepared to talk to the recruiter based on the time I told him was best for me. It is quite heartbreaking and extremely unprofessional on the recruiter's part. Im very disappointed.

Web/Graphic Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yodle.

Multiple phone interviews at first than an in-office interview with various members of the team. Recruiter was very nice and helpful during the whole process. Interview with team was fairly lengthy but felt they should have had better questions prepared.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Yodle in December 2013.

There was an informal phone interview followed by a formal phone interview which led to a in person interview followed by a role play phone call. The job seemed decent but the vibe during the interview process was sketchy from start to finish. I waited nearly an hour in this 8X8 room only to be interviewed by 2 employees due to the fact the person who suppose to interview was busy. I would recommend this to a college grad but not to anyone looking to start and build a career.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just a lot of probing questions trying to more feel out your personality.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Yodle.

I was contacted by Yodle Recruiter on linkedin. She set up a phone interview for me with one of her colleagues. After passing that interview, I would have gone for an in person interview. This was my first interview and definitely could have gone a bit better. I was also taken a bit aback when the interviewer wanted to ask me about the salary range during the phone interview. It seemed a bit early in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time when you used a predictive analysis. (It was fine to mention school projects).   View Answer

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Yodle in June 2014.

Although I was disappointed that the position I applied for was filled, I was surprised to be offered a non position specific interview.

The general questions helped identify future opportunities as well. Excellent follow-up and overall interest in the candidate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yodle in January 2014.

I was contacted by one of their internal recruiters. First there was a very long talk from the recruiter trying to pitch the company and then a mini technical screening with the recruiter himself, then a 45 minute interview with an engineering manager, and finally a few rounds of interviews on site.

Despite what the recruiter said, his technical background was not strong and it showed in the questions he asked. The regular phone interview with the manager was much more standard, covering my background and some average technical questions done through a shared coding site.

The on site was three rounds of technical interviews and one interview with a product owner. Yodle claims to want engineers to work close with product owners and to drive new ideas, hence the final interview. The technical interviews were straight forward, somewhat easy. I liked the people quite a bit, though. Product owner didn't really come across as interested or prepared for the interview.

In the end, the office space didn't impress me and the recruiter was very pushy. Once they decided to make an offer, I heard from him once or twice a day trying to get me to say yes. They were prepared to make a very good offer, though.

Interview Questions

The company didn't excite me and the recruiter was way to pushy for my liking.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yodle in June 2014.

I was contacted by an in-house recruiter, and the process moved very quickly from start to finish in just ten days. Everything was very professional. There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, and then he scheduled an onsite interview through the in-house recruiter. I was scheduled to meet with six people: three quantitative engineers, the hiring manager, and two marketing types. First, I met with two of the engineers, then the hiring manager, and then another engineer. I did not interview with the two marketers because they were in a meeting later, which I interpreted as a bad sign.

The first interviewer threw me the HORSE question, and I thought to myself, Oh God, here we go lol. But I was surprised to get a couple of the formulas right, but right there I knew this interview was going to be a challenge. The next interviewer asked me about SQL, queries, and then a question for estimating pi. I chose importance sampling but couldn't remember the formula for the graph of a circle: x^2 + y^2 = r^2. The interviewer told me that the formula was x^2 + y^2 = 1, but that was wrong, so the program did not end up working. He said "this is tedious", and at that point I could feel myself going down in flames. By the way, if you want to estimate pi, just sample x and y over the uniform distribution, and then count the number of hits within the circle relative to an enclosing square. That number will approach pi / 4. So, after doing your sampling for N, just multiply by 4 and you will get an estimate for pi.

The next interviewer was the hiring manager, and he asked about my experiences in development, solving problems, and working with teams. His questions were very insightful, and he was a good listener. He pushed for clarification, and that is a sign of a good manager. I really enjoyed speaking with him, as he has worked his way up through Yodle for many years. Good dude.

My final interviewer was another quantitative engineer who was very personable and friendly and quite brilliant. His question was suppose that you had images that were 1000 x 1000 pixels in dimension and that there were millions of these images. If you selected one image, how would you find the 15-20 images that were most similar to the original? Clearly, simple distance calculations would not work, so your job was to figure out an efficient algorithm to find the nearest images relatively quickly, all in 20 minutes lol. In any case, I really enjoyed the interviews but realize that some of the challenges have become ridiculous. Everyone is looking for the perfect candidate, when in fact very few people can meet these challenges, including the interviewers themselves.

The day after the interview, I got a telephone call from the recruiter saying that she spoke to the hiring manager and the feedback was that I was "not technical enough", but they wanted me to keep them posted of my progress. Why? I hung up and thought, man this is a strange world we live in.

Interview Questions
    • You are playing a game of HORSE with a replica of yourself, so your shooting percentage is probability p (for the both of you). The rules are that if you make a basket and your replica misses, then you win the game. If your replica makes the basket and you miss, then you lose. If you both miss, then you start over again. What is the expected probability that you will win the game?   Answer Question

Worked for Yodle? Contribute to the Community!