Yodle

Updated 15 Feb 2015
Updated 15 Feb 2015

2.7

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle.

Phone Interview, Personal Interview. Overall the interview went pretty well in my opinion, first you walk in and they sit you down in a room with just a laptop and there are some directions to follow. You basically make a very dumbed down powerpoint presentation, at least thats what the directions say to do, this dosen't mean you cant enhance it (which is exactly what I did). Personally I believe anyone with drive and a few good success books in them (Dale Carnegie, Frank Bettger...) can get this job. I was not offered a position due to past criminal charges.

Interview Questions
    • What are you passionate about? Why sales? Name a time you set and exceeded a goal? Do you have any prior sales experience?   Answer Question

Marketing Department Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Yodle in February 2015.

A Yodle recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn concerning an opening the company had matching my career history and credentials. I’m not currently on the job market, but why not see what the company and position is all about?

The recruiter and I emailed a few times over two days before we set up a telephone appointment to talk about the position. The recruiter was prompt and lovely to speak with -- she seemed interested in what I had to say and was receptive to my work experience.

And then she moved into the “behavioral interviewing” portion of the talk, which she informed me Yodle is a proponent of doing. Some of these questions stood out as overly arbitrary and complicated; I was asked four of them. Here’s an example: “Please tell me about a time you had to achieve a goal when faced with nothing but opposition.” OK... It’s not a bad question, but would be more effective when worked into a conversation during an in-person interview and not an initial screening.

Afterward, I was told my information was being passed along to the hiring manager, and if he/she was interested in talking further with me I’d hear back in 24 to 48 hours. But no matter what, I’d hear something either from the recruiter or hiring manager in that time.

I never did.

While the initial telephone screening was fine, I do find it inconsiderate and disrespectful I wasn’t contacted back -- even to tell me they didn’t want to consider me further -- considering the Yodle recruiter approached me first.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about a time you had to achieve a goal when faced with nothing but opposition...   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Fairly easy phone interview for the 1st interview and scheduled second interview to be in person .Met with hiring manager who had me sit with one of the sales reps for 30 min listening in on cold calls .Majority of the reps were in there 20's and early 30's and dressed very casual. Very relaxed atmoshpere with music playing failry loud while everyone made there cold calls. Hiring manager had me demonstrate some basic computer skills. Then we talked about yodle and what is to be expected and the salary. Then I was offered a job 2 days later after back ground check cleared.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was that I was offered job at the very end of interview .   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Yodle in January 2015.

Slapdash and filled with hypothetical questions. Room for interview was very loud that a phone conf call was impossible. Moreover, gave me a paper cup from a dunkin donuts cup found in a desk junk draw of the HR person. Showed that they are uncoordinated, cheap and sloppy.
    The interviewers were overly, goofily enthusiastic and all white men.

Sourcer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yodle.

Overall the process was fairly short. I applied for an open position. Had a 30 minute phone screen (and was told that Yodle is moving fast and would have results the day after the interview). Received a message asking for an in person interview. Went to the in person interview. And then waited for a response.

The interview itself lasted four hours. I had a schedule to meet with five different people (two via Skype). Two people that were on the onsite schedule did not end up meeting with me. One being the manager. There was a ton of lag time between interviews.

Took me a week to hear back after the interview.

Simply put: I think that they were rushing through the interview/ hiring process and forgot a lot of the details.

Marketing Associate Interview

I got an email right away saying that they were interested in setting up an interview. I of course agreed and told the HR lady the days and times I was available to talk. Well I never heard back until a week later. We then set an interview for this past Monday. Well guess what, I got stood up. This company is the most unprofessional, especially the HR department. How rude can you possibly be!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yodle.

Don't even bother with this garbage company. I submitted their coding challenges, thinking I would get an expedited on-site, or at the least a technical screen.
    Instead, I was talked to by a rude HR rep, who was over an hour late (with no notice) and who spoke as if she hated my guts before I even said a word.

If this is how they treat their engineers before they even take a job, I can't imagine what it's like to actually work there.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yodle.

I had 3 phone conversations with an HR rep and manager. They were straight forward and less than 45 minutes each and always friendly. The process lasted approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me multiple times/in different ways/in different conversations about my commitment to sales. If you don't have any experience or strong interest in sales, dig deep into your soul to find a good answer to that question.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Executivce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Yodle.

It was a 5 step interview process. 1st interview was with the HR Department, 2nd interviews were with the Sales Managers and the final interview was with the Area Sales Director. After I approved through all these steps I had an on the phone closing presentation where they verbally gave me a product and I had to overcome their objections and close them on the spot.

There wasn't a huge long negotiation phase. They are very cut and dry. It is what it is take it or leave it.

Account Executive Interview

The entire process took about a week and a half. I sent my resume and applied online. It took about 4 days for someone to get back to me. I had a phone interview and then I got called into the office for two more interviews before I got hired. The first interview was basic questions, regarding my history and past experience. The last interview was all behavioral, seeing how I would react under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with the objection of someone who doesn't see the value in something?   View Answers (2)