Zerin Business Consulting

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

2.4

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in December 2014.

I applied through one of the job boards. I was contacted by the director of human resources and we scheduled a phone interview. However, it didn't go far because we found that the job did not match my career interests.

Consultant Interview

I recieved a call from Zerin regarding a resume that I submitted. I was interested in the management trainee program. The interview was very brief. I figured out during the interview that the job is essentially telemarketing, not related to consulting at all.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with selling directly to consumers?   Answer Question

Sales Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in November 2014.

I was contacted by a Zerin recruiter who had come across my resume on Monster or some other site that I had it on. The position was in the sales department. It was not my typical area of expertise as I'm more design focused marketing. I had a quick phone call with the recruiter and was asked standard questions regarding why I was looking for a job, was I willing to relocate etc. After I set up an interview with the manger I received an email. The conversation with the manager was very focused on the processes and systems the sales department uses. This was about 30 minutes and the manager was a pleasure to talk to. He had a great sense of humor and the conversation although technical was enjoyable and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very hands on and interactive interview where I was able to see what the sales department does each day.   Answer Question

Junior Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

it's a 100 percent commission job.
    When you involved in interview, the HR would ask your behavior questions, but you may feel they are not looking for a match depends on your background, they more focus on spreading out their business needs and what you should to do for them.

It doesn't match my career plan.

Entry Level Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Relatively easy. my first interview lasted for 8 minutes and I am almost certain, my interviewer never read my resume. Chances are that if you are like mostly anyone else who has applied and written a review, you will go into your interview not knowing what you are applying for because you are given no description of what the job entails from HR or their website.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the best applicant for this position   View Answer

I have no intentions of investing upwards of $200,000 in my education to be a -direct marketer- or salesman.

Doesn't Even Matter Anything Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I thought the interview process was fine over the phone, but when I got there it took me by surprise. I was interviewed along with another by the CEO and his assistant manager. Felt very weird for this to be happening to someone who is just applying for an entry level position. The moment I was turned off by the job was when the woman I was interviewing with (very very nice girl) explained to me the compensation through what I could be making in 2 years. (You can make 6 digits in a little over 2 years!) First of all, that is NOT professional and I'm sure that includes ruthless labor. She explained how much money the CEO was making and how he got to that salary, plus his past salaries. You guys cannot be interviewing candidates and explaining this information, it sounds desperate.

Further, whatever job you applied to that says entry level on it, disregard the title following that (aka, entry level junior executive, entry level account manager, etc.) It's all BS, and I caught on to this very easily. I asked both people interviewing me separately why they weren't interviewing for the specific role I applied for (account manager) and I got very weird and avoiding responses. I eventually learned the truth, that all entry level positions are the same (door-to-door sales) and you eventually move up from there. I told them repeatedly I was looking for account management experience because I applied for the account manager role, and I got, "you'll probably start to see that more in the next couple years of working here. No, guys, don't BS your applicants and waste their time. Whatever website you use to advertise the position openings, make it well known that's the structure of your company and that EVERY entry level role is the same thing. Also show the public that you only have 4 categories of positions, the first one being "entry level employee". Quite honestly, I don't even know if there are more than 4 different possible types of positions you can have in the company, because that's all that was explained to me.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question you'll get is the difference between direct and indirect marketing, and if you're applying into marketing that should be a breeze.   Answer Question

Sketchy. That's not what I need for my first serious company out of college.

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Pretty short and simple first round interview. Asked basic questions about myself and talked about the company. Not a lot of info given but I guess that will happen on later rounds.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in October 2014.

Very quick interview, less than ten minutes. Easy questions while he scribbled away on a note pad. Mr Hodge seemed intimidated when I started asking for details about the job. He was reluctant to answer any questions until if I was chosen for a second round of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name three of your strengths
      Name on area you need to improve in

Answer Question

Entry Level Junior Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Received a phone call Thursday morning from a cheerful young lady who found my resume on a job board and said that I was an ideal candidate for a position at her company. She asked if the Falls Church area was still good for me. She spoke very fast and didn't explain anything. I thought it was a joke. Nonetheless, I scheduled an interview for the following afternoon. I emailed her and asked for a position description and read some reviews online. Turned out to be a glorified door to door sales position.

Not interested in sales

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I only attended the first interview. The people were very nice and the interview wasn't difficult, however they did wait until the end of the interview to mention that it is entirely commission pay. If the job posting had said it was commission based pay then I would probably not have applied.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me when I could start and wanted it to be in the next few days. Be aware before you apply that they really want to move quickly.   View Answer

I don't want to work for commission.