Zimmerman Advertising

Relevance Date Difficulty

Creative Director Interview

Creative Director

Interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising

Interview Details It was quick and standard. They don't really have much leeway considering their reputation in the industry.

Very Easy Interview

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details Phone interview, in-person interview, discussion with HR, then hired.

Interview Question – It was a very generic interview. I don't recall any questions that were too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer. I tried negotiating and they told me it was non-negotiable.

Junior Account Executive Interview

Junior Account Executive

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2012.

Interview Details Two interviews
1) HR recruiter
2) Multiple persons in various departments

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company and where do you want to be with us in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The base salary is extremely low.
Always ask for a higher salary, they will at least give you a $500/year increase.

Assistant Digital Analyst Interview

Assistant Digital Analyst

Interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising

Interview Details I applied online and received a quick response. I had a phone interview with a recruiter at the Florida office. Then about a week later, I met with two employees in person at the Dallas office. The interview was fairly informal and very conversational.... not just the common question and answer interview format. It lasted about an hour. None of the questions were out of the ordinary and they were very engaging.

Interview Question – They asked most of the common questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in January 2013.

Interview Details Had a quick phone interview and then went to the office for a few hours face to face with the CD.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly difficult   Answer Question

Junior Integrated Media Buyer Interview

Junior Integrated Media Buyer

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details It was a very positive experience!

Interview Question – No unexpected questions!   Answer Question

Production Planner Interview

Production Planner
Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details The recruiter was really nice, and showed interest in having someone eager to learn and with experience. Said to keep in touch if was interested.

Interview Question – Not a difficult, but was expected to show your knowledge on the interview.   Answer Question

Billing Coordinator Interview

Billing Coordinator

Interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising

Interview Details I tempted here for a while before being hired permanently. I was here a while so the process was easy.

Interview Question – The pay isn't enough. The people who do the actual work don't get paid enough. This place is for experience only but skip this if you're looking for good pay.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in July 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was very relaxed. I had gone into the agency to meet with three separate account service departments. I actually only met with one as they asked if I would forgo the rest of my interviews for the day if I was offered a position.

I was interviewed by the VP & an Account Supervisor. The conversation was easy & relaxed. At the time, I was right out of college, so I brought my portfolio book with a project that I had worked on with my college advertising course team. I never even had to open the book. I was simply asked about myself, what type of environment I was looking for and my work ethic. I expected a much tougher interview, but I was happy to have it be more about my personality than experience.

Interview Question – What are your strongest traits and how do you think you can use these to better the company and our current processes in order to succeed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. You will be offered $24,000 straight out of college for any entry level position (unless you have further education). If you will not accept the offer, someone else will. They are simply offering you experience at a larger agency which was hard to find in South Florida right out of college, so I accepted. Please also note that I had the opportunity to commute and and live with family, so I was able to afford the very low salary.

Intern Interview

Intern
Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview Details I contacted the recruiter via email after a career fair at my university. My first round interview over the phone lasted a total of 30 minutes. I believed it went quite well, but when told that transportation would be required and my housing would not be compensated, I reconsidered and opted out.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked fairly general questions. I can not recall any particularly difficult questions asked during the interview. I have learned from peers who have taken the position that the agency culture is unforgiving and fast paced.   Answer Question