Zimmerman Advertising Interview Questions

Updated 7 Apr 2015

2.4

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I stopped into the lobby at Zimmerman and inquired about any open positions, and whether I would be able to speak with someone. They brought out one of their talent acquisition specialists and I was able to briefly discuss my position with her. She asked about my background, the department that I was looking to join, and why I wanted to join the company in particular. After this meeting we exchanged contact information, and I received a call back a few days later to schedule an official interview. I was provided with the names of the people I would be interviewing with, and asked to research a number of topics beforehand. The interview with three people in the account services department that all worked on one account, which was also the account I would be joining if hired. The interview was about 10 minutes with each person, with a range of questions about my background, skills/experiences, and future goals. After the interview I was officially offered a position a few days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected: What position did I play in football?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was not a negotiable offer.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Tallahassee, FL (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Basic questions about who you are and what you have done in the past and why you want to do something in public relations. They want to know more about you and want you to have a good personality

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL (US)

Interview

Submit resume through email, in person interview, intern job period of 3 months, then promoted to position. Report to supervisor daily and complete lists of tasks very micromanaged but worked well to learn initial skills necessary

Interview Questions

• What two brands you dream of working with and at what angle you could co brand them   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview

I applied through my university career site. I was called in for an interview and met with the supervisor of the account. It was a 10 minute interview max and very easy breezy.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Extremely easy breezy interview. Max 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately being entry level, they would not negotiate

Social Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in May 2014.

Interview

I started at Zimmerman Advertising in a different department but I contacted and worked closely with HR to express my desire to switch. They were extremely helpful to me and guided me through the proper steps to get me an interview for my dream role.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview

The interview process is pretty relaxed and casual. Zimmerman Advertising will send you all over their building interviewing with every team till you find a spot that suits you best.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything crazy all standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Creative Director Interview

Interview

It was quick and standard. They don't really have much leeway considering their reputation in the industry.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Following a brief phone interview, I was invited to their new Ft. Lauderdale office for a face-to-face interview. I was greeted by the two Talent Acquisition Specialists that scheduled the interviews and was then introduced to the two Traffic Managers I was scheduled to sit down with. The first sit down went well, the second was cold and borderline rude, and was seemingly concerned by my ambition of wanting to move up the corporate ladder. Yes, she was clearly looking for someone who would like to stay in the same position for years to come. And while I played it off during the interview, that was the first big red flag for me. Who wants to join a company that doesn't give you the opportunity to grow? Second red flag -which I initially chose to ignore during my phone interview- was the low pay, starting at $24,000/year regardless of the entry job level you were being offered. I believe that opportunity is more important than pay, but when you combine the lack of promotions possibilities this company exposed alongside their low salaries, it was close to impossible to picture myself being excited to dedicate long hours in this place.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Rundown of your resume, why you want to work for them etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and did not know anything about the company before applying. Didn't expect a call back since I am out of state. Called the next by a recruiter and after the fielding questions concerning location, asked to set up a phone interview with 2 employees. Filled out and submitted a personality test the night before.

Scheduled call came in 30 min late. In telling the recruiter I work full time and can only dedicate so much time to a interview, this was already off to a bad start. The disrespect for my schedule was surprising, and they didn't ask to reschedule so I went with it to get it over with. Though I am already in the advertising industry as a media planner, the way they phrased questions regarding the small agency I work at and the work I do, you might think I was a biology student applying for a marketing role with no knowledge of the industry. I didn't even get a chance to talk about the national and international clients I buy media for before we moved onto the next question/concern. Ultimately, the location and size of our agency should not reflect on our clients or the service we provide for them. Left the interview feeling rather inferior to their large agency mentality.

Recruiter called later that day to give feedback. I called back with the intent of pulling my name from consideration, was sent to voicemail and didn't get called back. If you demand respect, you should try giving it sometime.

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions about your resume, what you do, if you would relocate on your own dime, etc.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview, discussion with HR, then hired.

Interview Questions

• It was a very generic interview. I don't recall any questions that were too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer. I tried negotiating and they told me it was non-negotiable.