eBay Enterprise

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Guest Services Representative Interview

Eau Claire, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2008.

Interview Details I interviewed for a seasonal position and the initial interview was a group interview next to 8-10 other candidates. Interview questioning included basic behavioral questions. After the group interview is a very basic computer-based typing and grammar skills test.

Interview Question – None, all questions were standard behavioral questions ("Describe a time when...") and ethics questions ("What would you do if a co-worker..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2012.

Interview Details Take a bus to the office in King of Prussia,PA, spend more than one hour without any reimbursement. And then they told me one of 2 interviewers is out of town and only one interviewer that day. And that interviewer was busy. The interviewer process was also very quick and keep on ask whether you have similliar projects experience for the position. At the end of interviewer process, hr told me would get the result several weeks later. At the end, I spent one more hour back home. Right now, it is about half a year and didn't get any reply. It's wasting my time for that interview and it is most terrible interview.

Interview Question – Do you have any simillar project experience to persuade me to offer you the position   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customerservice Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview Details phone interview after a skills assement. Then group interview. very easy.

Interview Question – common quesstions about handling disatisfied customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – flat pay rate

Seasonal Customer Service Interview

Seasonal Customer Service
Melbourne, FL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2012.

Interview Details It was a group interview, about an hour long. Basic call center/ customer service questions. Very easy going laid back interview process.

Interview Question – what would your strengths be? what are your weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $9 an hr no negaotiation

Order Review Supervisor Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in October 2008.

Interview Details During the hiring process I received a phone screening interview first. There were 2 additional interviews. The questions were pretty standard and were expected. I was able to prepare without difficulty during the interview process.

Interview Question – There were not any unexpected questions. The interview process felt more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate my salary. At the time I was hired, the salary they offered was acceptable.

Anonymous New Hire Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in July 2012.

Interview Details As I lived out of state at time of hiring process, I was screened first by an HR rep by phone. You could tell it was the "get to feel how good of a fit you are" type questions.

The HR rep was very pleasant and kept constant communication, even sent me benefits, salary, and GSI history information.

About 3 hours after the screening call I was emailed, requesting some times I was free to have a video conference interview with the hiring manager and the senior employee in the group. Final arrangements for that were made for the following week. The video interview was very cordial, lots of questions about my work patterns and how I see myself fitting in a team environment. The hiring manager and senior employee went to great lengths to make sure I was aware that during their peak season I may be asked to work longer than normal hours. I understand that There will be more 9-5 days, but come peak holiday season I may very well work 10 hour days or 6 days a week. I was asked to drive in at the end of the interview and hash out the details with the HR rep.

The in person interviews came the following week. I met directly with the project team, lots of questions about my background, work ethic, and work expectations. I met with a sister team, and was asked more of the same. I believe the purpose of these interviews was for the potential coworkers to evaluate how I would fit in. Was given an informal offer at the end of the two interview offers. Formal offer followed the next week after my background checks were completed.

Overall time from clicking submit on eBay's Career website to signing offer letter: 3 weeks.

Interview Question – During the video chat interview, I was asked to put together some coding on problem approach. Not difficult as I have some minor programming background, but it was unexpected as there was no mention of programming in the job announcement. The interviewing Manager and Senior employee were by nice and understanding and allowed me to use a programming language I was familiar with to solve their sample questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I knew what the benefits package covered, what pay to expect before even getting hired. GSI typically does not provide relocation assistance, but as mentioned earlier I was moving from out of state. HR, with my new manager's approval, was able to get me a new-hire bonus to help with moving expenses.

Technical Manager Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2012.

Interview Details Getting interview scheduled wasn't easy. I spoke to a couple of recruiters and found them to be most unprofessional . They assume all job seekers as jobless and should be available at 15 min notice. Recruiters never responds to emails and never replies back. Phone screening wasn't too difficult. Interview scheduled for 2 hrs. Everything was on time except that recruiter forgot to come after first round and interviewers had to look for the next round schedule. Questions were not so difficult , mostly around past experiences. All face to face interviews went very well and seemed like an exciting place to work. Once you are out of door, the nightmare to deal with recruiter starts and they won't talk to you for some reason , nor respond to emails. No technical questions asked.

Interview Question – Some v specific question abt a minute detail from the resume from a project done 8 yrs back.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in January 2011.

Interview Details It was a contract position through consulting company. Interviewed by three different individuals at GSI, two directors and one VP on the same date. Detailed discussion on my past experience and how projects were managed. Offer was extended after couple of weeks, which I accepted. Overall experience was nice and very professional.

Interview Question – How you motivated employees.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2011.

Interview Details Nothing out of the ordinary, it was a pretty standard interview process

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2011.

Interview Details Contact by recruiter through email to setup a phone interview. Had the phone interview 2 days later. This consisted of just general questions about fit and personality and job history. Was told I would hear something back within a couple days. Heard nothing. I don't understand companies that feel its ok to not contact back candidates they passover. Sooner or later it will catch up with them. A simple thank you email for your time would be sufficient.

Interview Question – What did you leave your last job?   Answer Question