eBay Inc.

Average Difficulty
335 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chennai

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in July 2014.

Interview Details First round- written test at ebay office, it includes aptitude(10 questions) for 30 mins and technical questions from c,c++,java pogram snippets( 10 questions) for 30 mins.
and followed by three to four technical interview and one HR.

Interview Question – i forgot.. its all program questions..   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Associate Manager
Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in September 2011.

Interview Details Got an interview call through Employee Referral Program

Process:
1. Preliminary Screening by HR
2. 1-2 rounds of telephonic interview
3. 4-5 rounds of face to face interviews

Telephonic Interview consisted of broadly 3 types.
a) Puzzles/ Guesstimates/ Quantitative based questions
b) Business cases
c) Technical (SQL etc)

The F2F rounds also had a similar structure but more time spent on each of the areas

Interview Question – One question on incrementality where a new channel was introduced for Buyers and the question was to estimate how much revenue from the new channel is incremental   Answer Question

Online Sales Manager Interview

Online Sales Manager
New Delhi

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in November 2010.

Interview Details I went through a recruitment consultant where in I had to take an aptitude test. You are shortlisted for the interview if you clear the test. It's then that you have to go through the interview process at ebay. I had 3 rounds of interviews on different days. Usually you are asked the same question in different ways. The key is to stick to your answer each time you are asked the same question and not change the answers with every interviewer. It took around a month for me to get a confirmation about my selection. You are asked briefly about the job you are applying for (some basic knowledge about the company and its products), some situational questions and how would you handle them.

Interview Question – What is your biggest achievement to date...believe me I wasn't prepared for that...how dumb was I.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details Written Test followed by 4 rounds of interview...

Interview Question – what are the minimum no of aces required to find the 3 fastest horse from a group of 25 if u can race only 5 at a time...   View Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details 1) resume short listing
2) 20 questions aptitude and 3 coding questions
3)2 tech interview followed by an HR round

Interview Question – finding all permutations of a string with minimum complexity   Answer Question

Chennai

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in September 2009.

Interview Details Written test, followed by 2 rounds of technical/DS/algorithm/logical reasoning

Interview Question – Was given ample time to solve the problems. The interviewer gave some leads whenever i got stuck.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2013.

Interview Details This was through campus placement. There was an initial screening round written by around 200 people out of which 20 were selected. 7q aptitude(30 mins), 10q technical(30 mins), 2 coding problems(45 mins).

Interview Question – There was an aptitude question which was called destination race problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2012.

Interview Details 1 round of telephonic
5 rounds of face to face interviews : java, c++, linux commands, oops concepts, data structures, webservices, maven

HR person who has contacted me was irritating, he doesnt remember details and keeps assuming thins, called me 17 times before even i got the offer.

Background check is indepth and takes quite some time to finish

Interview Question – How does tomcat load multiple versions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be ready to decline the offer if the salary doesnt match ur expectations. If you are strong on your stand, they will modify the quote..

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2013.

Interview Details Very casual. They expect quick answers to simple questions on ds, algo. Asked to design a chess game.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details First was a written test - one aptitude question, 7 coding output questions and 4 coding questions. The next rounds were interviews. There were 4 interviews. First was purely technical where they asked ab your basic coding concepts(data structures and algorithms). The rest were HR interviews where mostly problem solving ability was evaluated.

Interview Question – It was an aptitude question. There are 25 horses. You have to find the fastest three. Catch is you can only conduct races in groups of 5. What is the minimum number of races that is required.   Answer Question

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!