eBay Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Calicut, Kerala

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2014.

Interview Details The interviewer was really cool. The company as a whole is cool. They want people who knows data structures and thorough knowledge on programming. He asked me to write a code on printing the duplicates in an array of 20 nos. I was supposed to use data structures I guess but I did it another way. I am a ECE student and I was not well aware of data structure stuff and all. Still the interview was pretty comfy and I enjoyed it.

Interview Question – What a Binary search tree is?   View Answer

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details I applied through university program and there was 1 written round in which 40 questions were there.20 aptitude and 20 technical.Aptitude ques were very good and technical ques include ds,algo,c++ and java questions.

Interview Question – aptitude questions were very good   Answer Question

Panelist With Bloated Ego Interview

Panelist With Bloated Ego
Bangalore

I interviewed at eBay Inc. in May 2014.

Interview Details - The interview panelists are more interested in flaunting their knowledge.
- HR is absolutely pathetic, they don't even bother to inform you the schedule and feedback.
- In between each round, you need to specifically call HR and ask my rounds are over, what next now. Then the HR is going to tell you whether to wait or go for next round. I expected it otherway round. Isn't this HR job to convey me rather than I asking them.

Interview Question – Not much DS questions. So dont bother about them.   Answer Question

Chennai

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in July 2014.

Interview Details First round- written test at ebay office, it includes aptitude(10 questions) for 30 mins and technical questions from c,c++,java pogram snippets( 10 questions) for 30 mins.
and followed by three to four technical interview and one HR.

Interview Question – i forgot.. its all program questions..   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Associate Manager
Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in September 2011.

Interview Details Got an interview call through Employee Referral Program

Process:
1. Preliminary Screening by HR
2. 1-2 rounds of telephonic interview
3. 4-5 rounds of face to face interviews

Telephonic Interview consisted of broadly 3 types.
a) Puzzles/ Guesstimates/ Quantitative based questions
b) Business cases
c) Technical (SQL etc)

The F2F rounds also had a similar structure but more time spent on each of the areas

Interview Question – One question on incrementality where a new channel was introduced for Buyers and the question was to estimate how much revenue from the new channel is incremental   Answer Question

Online Sales Manager Interview

Online Sales Manager
New Delhi

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in November 2010.

Interview Details I went through a recruitment consultant where in I had to take an aptitude test. You are shortlisted for the interview if you clear the test. It's then that you have to go through the interview process at ebay. I had 3 rounds of interviews on different days. Usually you are asked the same question in different ways. The key is to stick to your answer each time you are asked the same question and not change the answers with every interviewer. It took around a month for me to get a confirmation about my selection. You are asked briefly about the job you are applying for (some basic knowledge about the company and its products), some situational questions and how would you handle them.

Interview Question – What is your biggest achievement to date...believe me I wasn't prepared for that...how dumb was I.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details Written Test followed by 4 rounds of interview...

Interview Question – what are the minimum no of aces required to find the 3 fastest horse from a group of 25 if u can race only 5 at a time...   View Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details 1) resume short listing
2) 20 questions aptitude and 3 coding questions
3)2 tech interview followed by an HR round

Interview Question – finding all permutations of a string with minimum complexity   Answer Question

Chennai

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in September 2009.

Interview Details Written test, followed by 2 rounds of technical/DS/algorithm/logical reasoning

Interview Question – Was given ample time to solve the problems. The interviewer gave some leads whenever i got stuck.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2013.

Interview Details This was through campus placement. There was an initial screening round written by around 200 people out of which 20 were selected. 7q aptitude(30 mins), 10q technical(30 mins), 2 coding problems(45 mins).

Interview Question – There was an aptitude question which was called destination race problem.   Answer Question

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!