eBay Inc. Interview Questions

3.1

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calicut, Kerala
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calicut, Kerala

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2014.

The interviewer was really cool. The company as a whole is cool. They want people who knows data structures and thorough knowledge on programming. He asked me to write a code on printing the duplicates in an array of 20 nos. I was supposed to use data structures I guess but I did it another way. I am a ECE student and I was not well aware of data structure stuff and all. Still the interview was pretty comfy and I enjoyed it.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through university program and there was 1 written round in which 40 questions were there.20 aptitude and 20 technical.Aptitude ques were very good and technical ques include ds,algo,c++ and java questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

first round - online test - multiple choice aptitude (1 hour) - permutations, probability, work and time, speed distance, relantionships, trains
    second round - technical and projects (two - three rounds)
    third round - hr and technical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at eBay Inc. in July 2014.

First round- written test at ebay office, it includes aptitude(10 questions) for 30 mins and technical questions from c,c++,java pogram snippets( 10 questions) for 30 mins.
    and followed by three to four technical interview and one HR.

Panelist With Bloated Ego Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

interviewed at eBay Inc. in May 2014.

- The interview panelists are more interested in flaunting their knowledge.
    - HR is absolutely pathetic, they don't even bother to inform you the schedule and feedback.
    - In between each round, you need to specifically call HR and ask my rounds are over, what next now. Then the HR is going to tell you whether to wait or go for next round. I expected it otherway round. Isn't this HR job to convey me rather than I asking them.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Inc..

Written Test followed by 4 rounds of interview...

Interview Questions
    • what are the minimum no of aces required to find the 3 fastest horse from a group of 25 if u can race only 5 at a time...   View Answers (2)

Member of Technical Staff Interview

1) resume short listing
    2) 20 questions aptitude and 3 coding questions
    3)2 tech interview followed by an HR round

Interview Questions
    • finding all permutations of a string with minimum complexity   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2013.

This was through campus placement. There was an initial screening round written by around 200 people out of which 20 were selected. 7q aptitude(30 mins), 10q technical(30 mins), 2 coding problems(45 mins).

Interview Questions
    • There was an aptitude question which was called destination race problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

First was a written test - one aptitude question, 7 coding output questions and 4 coding questions. The next rounds were interviews. There were 4 interviews. First was purely technical where they asked ab your basic coding concepts(data structures and algorithms). The rest were HR interviews where mostly problem solving ability was evaluated.

Interview Questions
    • It was an aptitude question. There are 25 horses. You have to find the fastest three. Catch is you can only conduct races in groups of 5. What is the minimum number of races that is required.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2013.

Very casual. They expect quick answers to simple questions on ds, algo. Asked to design a chess game.