hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Towson, MD (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Very casual, just wanted to know if what my experience looked like as far as sales. Not structured or interrogational at all. Now I understand why. They pretty much will hire anyone with minimal sales experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to get out of this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. THis is strictly commission or you make minimum wage or minimum wage x 1.5 if you go over 40 hours and they will make you pay back that draw.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Don' remember the interview much. I do remember them trying to push me into being a salesman.

Negotiation

Don' remember

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Gurnee, IL (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

simple, unprofessional interview. walked in and asked for the manager. he came out and we went through some simple experience questions, and it was over.

Appliance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Huntsville, AL (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

My interviewer was two hours late . Finally showed up , no apology or reason. Showed u looking disheveled and out of it. I was hired . I should have read the writing on the wall.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Commissioned sales.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Applied on line and received a call from the store manager a few days later.
    He asked me a few questions about about if I worked in a warehouse, also we talked about my previous work experiences. Really easy questions at that. I then had to take a drug test and then was offered the job.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg (Orlando, FL (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy - Listened to the interviewer talk about an experience that h.h Gregg offers that I still have yet to see. The interview was more listening about how much money they say you can make which is not true

Interview Questions

• Cant remember any that was impressive   1 Answer

Appliance Sales Interview

Interview

Phone screen - interview-offer-2 week training

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

After scheduling the interview I got on this website to read reviews and interview and was very discouraged. My experience was just as it is described in the reviews. From the second I walked in the store I could tell there was a lack of management. Employees were cutting up and congregating near front of store, yet no one made an attempt to greet me (assuming they thought I was a customer) i told someone why I was there and they pretty much said cool and did not make an attempt to contact manager to alert him I was there. Manager finally comes out and tells me to wait for him. While I'm waiting an employee asked me if I needed help. By this point it is well past the scheduled interview time. Manager finally gets me and we do the interview in the middle of the furniture sales floor. Yes thats right, sitting on couches doing an interview while customers and employees are walking by and around us talking. Ridiculous and awkward. Standard interview. Young inexperienced sales manager that obviously had no proper training or experience in interviews. The whole thing was a joke and very shady.

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience and morals. Standard interview questions asked straight from a written script. Only difficult thing was interviewer pretty much asked the same question twice and I was forced to come up with a different answer to the same question.   Answer Question

Company seems very sketchy. High turnover rate.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Very long process. Submit application and take assessment. You will then be called in for an initial interview. If they are interested, they will submit a background check. When that finally comes back, they will call you to take a drug test and possibly interview you again.If drug test comes back negative, they will call and offer you a position and a start date. If you are going into management, negotiate your starting pay.

Interview Questions

• If you are dealing with a customer and the only way to take care of and satisfy them is to break a company policy, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tried to low ball me. I stood my ground and asked for more. They actually came back with an offer higher than I asked for.

Home Theater Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg (Fairfax, VA (US)).

Interview

Applied online, got a call from them a few days later to come for an on-site interview. It went well, manager asked just a couple behavioral questions, asked for my opinion on how I'd rate myself in selling the following: Computers, TV, Home Audio, Furniture. Asked one seller related question (sell me this plastic stand). Not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I'm a customer, and sell me this plastic stand on this table.   Answer Question