Nokia Solutions and Networks – Mountain View, CA
Head of Workplace Operation, Americas provides strategic leadership and is responsible for delivering Real Estate and Facility Management Solutions… Glassdoor
Nokia Networks Photos
2 people found this helpful
“Unethical, non-transparent company. Worst place for real Computer Science Engineers in Bangalore. (OSS Dept.) ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Nokia Networks full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
- Flexible timing depending on the project.
- You can be below average and still stay here for years if you have good relationship with managers.
- Paying rather good these days for lateral hires.Cons
Boy, Where do I start !
- Line manager is everything here. And they really do not care about what you work on or how good is the quality in your work. They just listened to 1 or 2 senior people who have stayed in the same project for years. Some really pathetic manager have stuck in the company for years and completely ruined the atmosphere.
- Full of below average people. It sounds ridiculous but students in high schools can do much better job than most people here. Whoever is here in the company for more than 3 years, they are just incapable of doing anything in the existing projects or getting a job outside. So they have made comfortable networks here.
- 40% of the time is spent in meetings but no proper design discussions. Even if someone suggest some good designs or principle, it is never followed.
- The senior people in the projects/products are dumb and have little knowledge of technology. They are always against new things as they are afraid that others will find out about their incompetence.
- People who have done nothing but customer support with no engineering or even MBA background can be manager of R&D teams.
- If you are a skilled talented engineer, you'll forget whatever you knew in a year or two doing the donkey job here.
- People are mostly hired from two certain states in South India. They have extended networks in the company and if you are not from those states then you have no career here.
- HR is almost non existent.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Try to retain the talents by promoting and compensating as deserved. The company is making good profits since the last 2 years. Instead of just hiring flocks of donkeys, get good engineers. 1 good engineer >> 5 donkey engineers.
Fire the lazy idiots who just ruins the working environment. Also get rid of most of the middle management and instead hire proper managers who have technical competence and/or MBA degree. This is the R&D department for god's sake.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookApproves of CEO