For more than 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 12th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 26 countries staffed by 10,200 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $50.4 billion in assets and $13.9 billion in revenues in 2013. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 202nd largest U.S.-based corporation.
We have emerged as a leader in the insurance industry not only on the basis of our size or our longevity. We consistently strive to build lasting relationships with our customers and 8,500 independent agents and brokers, and we aim to be the best at what we do by delivering unparalleled service and innovative, scalable and specialized products backed by financial strength and third-party endorsements.
- We maintain a reputation for fairness and integrity by treating every customer as we would want to be treated — from policy issuance to claim settlement.
- Agent and broker associations, industry analysts and publications the world over consistently honor Chubb for our service quality — especially claims service.
- It’s easy to do business with us through our global network of offices staffed by Chubb underwriters, risk engineers and claims specialists. Our claims service is available 24/7. In addition, we provide a variety of online risk and insurance management solutions.
- We have vast experience and expertise in managing personal and commercial exposures. For more than 70 years, Chubb’s commercial risk engineers have provided an array of services that have helped our customers minimize loss potential. In addition, some 160 appraisers help our personal insurance customers safeguard their homes, possessions and families.
- We work with the most expert and service-oriented agents and brokers in the business, helping ensure the best possible insurance experience for our customers.
A Promise Backed by Financial Strength
- The member insurers of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies earn the highest rating for financial strength from A.M. Best Company. Three of our member insurers are among the few insurers that have achieved A.M. Best’s highest rating for more than 75 years.
- Chubb also earns high ratings for financial strength from Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
A One-stop Source for Business
Chubb offers businesses more than 170 commercial insurance products, which are innovative, comprehensive and tailored to individual customer needs. In addition, Chubb offers a wide range of accident and health insurance products and construction and commercial surety bonds.
- Innovative Products. Chubb invented or was among the first providers of the package policy, E&O for electronics firms, R&D business income, employment practices liability, the exporters package, all-risk ocean cargo, cyber liability and other products. And unlike most other domestic insurers, we can deliver many products on a global basis through locally admitted policies and ensure consistent limits and coverage through controlled master programs. Recent product and service innovations from Chubb include two online systems, u•writer and WORLDcert. Agents and brokers use u•writer to quote, bind and issue builders risk, contractors equipment and motor truck cargo insurance policies. WORLDcert enables drug and medical device developers to quickly secure required insurance documentation for clinical trials around the globe.
- Scalability. Many of our products, such as our Customarq Classic package, E&O and our multinational program-related coverages, are designed to grow with our customers. Larger companies willing to assume a portion of their own risk can access a variety of alternative risk transfer mechanisms through Chubb’s risk management specialists.
- Specialized Expertise. We create tailored solutions for firms in such areas as banking and other financial services, energy production, entertainment, health care, information and network technology, law and other professional services, life sciences, marine operations, museums and cultural institutions, not-for-profit organizations, privately owned businesses, and real estate. We also specialize in such product areas as umbrella/excess, ocean cargo, multinational, environmental, directors and officers liability, and employment practices liability. Chubb is one of the largest writers of the “package policy,” which is the heart of most insurance programs. We also are the number one writer of crime and financial fidelity bonds in North America and the 5th largest insurer of U.S. construction and commercial surety bonds.
- Assurance From Others. Our specialized expertise, products and services have resulted in endorsements from the Association of Corporate Counsel, Biotechnology Industry Association, Medical Device Manufacturers Association, Media Financial Management Association, Women Presidents’ Organization and other organizations.
A One-stop Source for Individuals
Chubb offers an array of property and casualty insurance products for individuals and families with fine homes and possessions. Our customers include many of the most affluent families in the world, CEOs of Fortune 500 companies and top art collectors.
Like our commercial products, our personal insurance policies are innovative, scalable and supported by specialized expertise. Our Masterpiece® suite of products — long the standard of excellence in the affluent market — offers insurance for custom, historic and vacation homes; valuable possessions; automobiles and collector cars; watercraft and up to $50 million in excess liability. Chubb is one of the few insurers to offer extended replacement cost coverage, which pays to rebuild a home after a covered loss even if the cost is greater than the policy limit.
The range of complimentary services we provide customers includes: home appraisal to determine accurate replacement cost and provide life safety recommendations; prescreened property restoration referrals for claims; identity fraud prevention and mitigation services; and, in 14 states, wildfire defense services. We also provide numerous online payment options and ePolicy,TM the ability to receive your policy securely via the Internet.
Chubb History — A Brief Look Back
In the spring of 1882, Thomas Caldecot Chubb and his son Percy opened their marine underwriting business in the seaport district of New York City. Having collected $1,000 from each of 100 prominent merchants to start their venture, they focused on insuring ships and cargoes. The Chubbs were adept at turning risk into success, often by helping their policyholders prevent disasters before they occurred. By the turn of the century, Chubb had established strong relationships with the insurance agents and brokers who placed their clients’ business with Chubb underwriters, and the original subscribers enjoyed a substantial return on their investment in the young company.
Chubb & Son did not value size in itself but regarded it as a measure of what had been achieved. Upon the Company's 75th anniversary in 1957, Hendon Chubb — who had joined his older brother Percy in the firm in 1895 — noted, "I think there is perhaps a tendency in American business to overemphasize mere size, whereas to me it should be a by-product of a job well done."
"Never compromise integrity," also a Hendon Chubb principle, captures the spirit of our companies. Each member of the Chubb organization seeks to stand apart in bringing quality, fairness and integrity to each transaction, for the benefit of all involved.
The Chubb Corporation was formed in 1967 and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1984.
With approximately 10,100 employees throughout North America, Europe, South America, and the Pacific Rim, Chubb serves property and casualty customers from some 120 offices in 27 countries around the globe. Chubb works with 8,500 independent agents and brokers worldwide.
Over the past few years, Chubb has taken great strides in making the company a hospitable and welcoming workplace for all employees, specifically including women, people of color, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees. Over the same period, Chubb’s financial performance has improved greatly. That's no coincidence. A company all of whose people share the same background, culture and ways of looking at the world is likely to stagnate. On the other hand, a company whose employees bring different perspectives to their jobs is one that will always find more efficient ways to operate and new ways to grow. My vision is for Chubb to became a workplace where every employee can feel that Chubb is the place they can make their careers, a place where talent and hard work are the only tickets to success.
John D. Finnegan - President, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Chubb's Diversity Vision is predicated on core values that have defined the company for more than a century - including trust, integrity and a belief that the distinctive quality of our relationships remains essential to the company's ability to outperform competitors. These values extend to the people who comprise the company and whose contributions enable it to thrive. In particular, we have always believed that by creating an inclusive workplace where each individual's diverse skills, cultural perspectives and backgrounds are valued, we are promoting personal and corporate success. As Chubb's Chief Diversity Officer, I serve as the steward of our corporate diversity strategy; however we are all accountable for fostering an inclusive workplace that clearly distinguishes Chubb as an employer, partner and insurer of choice.
Chief Diversity Officer
Sheila P. Burke, Chubb Director since 1997
Ms. Burke is a Faculty Research Fellow, Malcolm Weiner Center for Social Policy, Member of Faculty, J.F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University; Senior Public Policy Advisor, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz.
"Companies who expect to attract and retain high performing employees must show them that it is not only possible to advance to more senior jobs, but that the company will invest in preparing them to compete for those jobs. In particular, diverse employees must see that there are people with similar backgrounds advancing to positions of power and influence. Chubb’s long standing commitment to developing diverse leaders not only ensures that the company is maximizing the potential of its top talent to contribute to results, but also affords it a distinct competitive advantage in an increasingly multicultural marketplace. Diverse customers respond best to messages and marketing that demonstrate an understanding of their values, interests and communities. Chubb’s diversity efforts have brought an authenticity to its relationships with diverse markets that cannot be manufactured overnight, but is instead the result of a growing awareness and inclusiveness that are intrinsic to the company’s leadership."
Dr. James I. Cash, Chubb Director since 1996
Dr. Cash is the James E. Robison Emeritus Professor of Business Administration, Harvard University.
"There is little dispute among today’s business leaders that diversity fosters innovation and innovation enhances competitiveness. Acknowledging this relationship is one thing; being able to effectively leverage it is quite another. Smart, high performing companies have worked long and hard to create workplaces where diverse viewpoints not only coexist, but can thrive and take new form as innovative products and services that resonate with diverse customers worldwide. Chubb is among the best of those companies. Its leaders have maintained a relentless focus on removing barriers that prevent diverse employees from performing at the highest possible level, and on building networks that support a lively and productive exchange of ideas, perspectives and insights among its people. There is no better formula for maintaining the company’s reputation as an inclusive and progressive employer, and ensuring its continued success in the global marketplace."
Lawrence M. Small, Chubb Director since 1989
Mr. Small is the former Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution, the world's largest museum and research complex.
"A diverse and inclusive workforce leads to the generation of new ideas and products, enhanced productivity and improved engagement. People's varied experiences contribute to the way in which they approach challenges and propose solutions. Diversity requires an organization's leadership to recognize that its workforce brings different perspectives and approaches to doing business. It must actively seek ideas from its workforce and value and nurture those ideas in order to remain a competitive employer, partner and investment of choice."
Chubb looks to retain good people who are versatile and bring different skills and perspectives to the table. People can make career moves that add to their capabilities and knowledge helping them prepare for future promotional opportunities.- Elena - HR Manager
Your personal and professional development is a high priority at Chubb, beginning with a comprehensive new hire orientation. From day one, we’ll give you opportunities to learn, grow and develop the necessary skills to keep pace with the emerging needs of our customers. Our Learning and Development programs include:
Chubb trainees participate in a blended learning experience that includes self-paced online learning, on-the-job training, and a variety of classroom programs. You’ll work with experienced insurance professionals and develop the skills you need to become a key contributor.
Each business unit offers yearly Specialty Schools to introduce new employees to the fundamentals of personal, commercial or specialty insurance. Select employees will also attend the Chubb School of Insurance at our worldwide headquarters in Warren, New Jersey, to participate in an immersive week-long program that explores our differentiators for success.
To keep your skills sharp, our business units design and offer customized training curricula to grow your specialized knowledge of new products, marketing strategies, and the business issues impacting our customers.
Leadership and Business Development
Chubb offers a variety of programs to help employees at all levels enhance their leadership and general business skills. Many of these programs are offered in an online format for maximum convenience. A number of distinctive programs have been designed for new managers, as well as seasoned executives, who are seeking developmental opportunities, e-learning and external courses. All of our learning programs target global audiences including diverse populations and high potential talent.
Tuition Investment Program
Chubb’s Tuition Investment Program helps our top performers continue their formal education by strategically focusing tuition dollars on courses and programs that directly impact our business results. The program covers both technical and non-technical education, as well as both degree and non-degree programs, including industry seminars. Chubb also pays the cost for employees – with manager approval – to pursue industry designations such as the Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriting (CPCU) designation for underwriters and Certified Safety Professional (CSP) for loss control representatives.
I work with a lot of great people. The people who work at Chubb are the best in the industry, and Chubb values each and every one of us. That’s one of the things that I’m most proud of about the company … the people are the biggest asset to Chubb.- Steve - Worldwide Loss Control Services Manager
We know that managing your professional and personal responsibilities can be challenging. That’s why we’ve developed the Chubb Flex program to provide our employees with the flexibility they need to enjoy a fulfilling life. Chubb Flex program options include:
- Remote Worksites
- Flex Time
- Customized Schedules
- Compressed Work Week
- Job Sharing
- Part-Time Schedules
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Chubb Corp full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
Great Exposure to US insuranceCons
Less Onsite opportinities and client interactionRecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Chubb Corp.Interview Details
I was contacted by a recruiter and has an initial phone interview. The next steps were to meet with 3 individuals at the actual job site. The job interview with each individual was both challenging but very easy process overall. I was contacted within 2 days of the interview, in which I was offered the job. Very good experience and very good company.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- How were you able to communicate a difficult decision to an agent? Answer Question
Here's the skinny on Chubb: The insurer is best known for comprehensive homeowners insurance for the demographic that owns yachts (the company insures those, too). Chubb also offers commercial property/casualty insurance including multiple peril, property and marine, and workers' compensation. Its specialty insurance arm offers professional liability policies for executives across a spectrum of industries and also provides construction and commercial surety bonds. Chubb distributes its products through 8,500 independent agents and brokers in 120 offices across the US and...