Dealertrack Technologies Photos
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (more than an year)Pros
Other than making a small group of colleages who became friends, there were amost no Pros!Cons
1. The company has 4 different change management systems. Different departments use their own preferred change management systems. Support staff who did the actual production got blindsighted on production changes all the time.
2. The management staff of the development team are trouble enablers. They encourage their staff to exclude DBAs on database designs and developed problematic application codes in production. They did not take responsibilities for their lousy work, but blamed on the DBAs. They played the blame game perfectly and always got away with it. Of course, they got rewarded with promotions!
3. The management staff and QA analysts of the testing are also trouble makers. They did ask their DBAs to do low value work such as loading, updating and deleting data or running meaningless queries. Their quality of their so-called performance testing is very limited to unit and integrated testing level.
4. Too many middle management who excels in micromanagement.
5. High unpaid overtime all the time. Management rarely offered comp days. They burned people out and replaced them.
6. Intra-team and inter-team bullying happen from time to time. Staff from their Dallas office could just dump work on their overwhelmed and overworked teammates in New York office and did not even care.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Cut back your wasteful promotion on your trouble enablers above and pay close attention to the quality of work they deliver. They are the one to be blamed, not awarded!Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
It's not really specific unless your hired from an outside organization. They choose who they want to hire. seniority doesn't matter with this company. As long as someone "fits" their wants they will offer a position.Negotiation Detailsthere wasn't any negotiationAccepted Offer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Software as a Service provider to three group of clients: car dealerships; lenders in the automotive industry and car manufacturers (OEMs).
Mission: Deliver the market leading suite of integrated technologies capable of transforming auto retailing.
Collaborate to develop innovative workflow solutions that drive...