Who We Are - A Customer Relationship Marketing Agency
Merkle is the largest privately-held customer relationship marketing agency and the fastest-growing agency of any discipline in the U.S for 2013. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, Google, GEICO, DirecTV, Regions, Chase, American Express, AARP, Lilly, Universal, American Cancer Society, Metlife, Visa and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 2,100 smart, dedicated people in fifteen offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2014 net revenue estimated at $390 million.
The mass digitization of media and channels has brought about the most important opportunity in our industry today: the ability to identify and communicate directly with individual, “always-on consumers” — at scale – 24/7 — across media, channel, and device. Addressability at scale is enabled by a growing and constantly fragmenting number of addressable audience platforms, such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter — or even a company’s own website. These platforms allow marketers to apply targeting, personalization, and optimization to each customer interaction.
Due to the increased complexity of leveraging data, technology and analytics in this new digital era, brands will have to develop a new set of capabilities, tools, metrics, and processes, along with a new set of skills to use them. We call this new breed of marketer “The Platform Marketer.” This leader has a deep understanding of CRM principals, yet has the knowledge and innovative forethought to thrive in the ever-expanding digital audience platform environment. The brands that capitalize on addressability at scale will create more enduring, sustained competitive advantage.
At Merkle, we help brands do just that, by creating more meaningful, targeted customer experiences, which lead to more valuable customer relationships. The measurable outcomes we create for our clients are rooted in our proprietary Connected CRM (cCRM)™ approach. Driven by data and analytics, enabled by technology, and rooted in business outcomes, cCRM is a prescriptive framework that combines a complete range of marketing, technological, analytical, organizational, and customer experience disciplines to provide integrated customer-centric marketing solutions that increase lifetime value and create competitive advantage.
Merkle has built the necessary skills and assets to help clients transform their marketing organizations by building Platform Marketer skills that enable true Connected CRM. We provide management consulting, technology development and integration, data and analytics expertise, and a full suite of digital media and channel execution services. Our objective is to complement and accelerate our clients’ ability to capitalize on addressability at scale through the complete execution of customer-centric business strategies.
Our Refreshingly Honest Culture
The work is paramount here. We hire smart, talented, driven people, so we want our employees to be themselves. We abhor corporate red tape and unnecessary dress pants (even our CEO wears jeans). Our people truly are our greatest asset — bring your personality and style to the office and don’t be afraid to have some fun.
- Business is personal
- Recruit and retain great people
- Trust and transparency are mission critical
- Principles trump rules
- Tackle the brutal truths head-on
- Community matters
- Nothing outweighs high-performing people, relationships, and results
Everybody has dreams that extend beyond the workplace. Maybe you’ve always wanted to bike through the Rocky Mountains or throw tomatoes in Spain’s La Tomatina festival. Every quarter, a few employees are awarded the money they need to live out their craziest dreams. We want you to embrace greatness in every facet of your life.
Healthy Work/Life Balance:
You won’t be shackled to a cubicle here. We respect that you play other roles in life — if you need to leave early for your kid’s game, that’s OK. We also think a vacation should be enjoyed. Our unique program lets you take that extra day at the beach without feeling guilty.
When you do a terrific job, we want you to know it’s noticed and appreciated. Merkle’s monthly attribute awards are an easy way for your colleagues to recognize your effort, whether it was a great idea or just going out of your way to make them look good. To top it off, the company tosses in a $25 gift card each time you’re nominated.
- Medical: Merkle offers two medical insurance options through Blue Cross Blue Shield: a PPO Plan and a High Deductible Plan. To offset the costs of the high deductible plan we also offer a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Dental: Merkle's dental coverage is offered through Delta Dental. The plan is a PPO that pays benefits for in and out of network services.
- Vision: Our vision coverage, offered through Vision Service Plan (VSP), reimburses employees for eye exams, lenses, and frames every 12 months.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): Merkle offers a Health Care FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Limited FSA, and a Parking/Transit FSA. You can use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible expenses.
- Life and AD&D Insurance: Merkle provides Basic Life and AD&D insurance. In addition, employees can buy additional employee and dependent life insurance.
- Disability Insurance: Merkle provides company-paid short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) insurance.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave: The Maternity Leave program provides paid leave for new moms and dads.
- 401(k): The Merkle 401(k) Plan, administered by Fidelity Investments, is available to assist you with saving for your retirement.
- Internal Education Benefits: Merkle University (MU) was founded in the '90s because we understand the importance of continuous learning. Every employee is required to attend or teach classes and this commitment to learning ensures our employees – and Merkle – are well prepared for the future. MU offers a wide variety of classes in just about every discipline.
- External Education Reimbursement Program: Merkle will reimburse you for eligible tuition costs as well as associated fees, lab fees, and books up to an annual maximum amount of $7,500 for classes in which you earn a grade "B" or "Pass" in thecase of a "Pass/Fail" course.
- Other Benefits: Other benefits employees can take advantage of are Legal Services, Pet Insurance, Discount Programs, and more…
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Merkle.Interview Details
After three phone interviews I was brought in to meet the staff, present a project then had to wait a bit to get confirmation of the interview results. The interviews were casual, but professional but there certainly is a phased approach to how Merkle hires. One of the most important parts of being hired here is to ensure fit.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsSimple, straightforward.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- One of the most interesting things about this interview process is the requirement to present a project to a group of peer and senior personnel. This presentation is a key portion of your final interview and is then evaluated by all members who attended. View Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Merkle, a technology enabled, data driven customer relationship marketing (CRM) firm, is the nation’s largest privately-held agency. As a leading provider of fully integrated customer relationship marketing solutions, we provide the framework for organizations to apply quantitative strategies to their marketing programs across mass, direct, and digital media. By combining a complete range of marketing, technical, analytical and creative disciplines, Merkle works with clients to design, execute and evaluate connected CRM programs. With more than 2,000 employees globally...