Riot Games Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Riot Games full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
- Player Focused: Every decision and detail at Riot is made from the perspective of the player. Everyone at Riot is a huge gamer and loves core games which I love.
- Houses the best talent in the games industry: So fortunate to be surrounded by peers from every discipline that are best in class. I'm constantly learning from everyone around me.
- Constantly getting better: Everyone here wants to constantly improve - we know we could always be better at what we do so pushing ourselves and stretching for difficult to achieve goals makes this a motivating place to work.
- Great long term career: Many of my peers have been at Riot for 5+ years and I feel like we're still just beginning and have a long way to go. We're only one game in and it's already awesome.Cons
- Company is scaling quickly: Not necessarily a con, but you'll need to be adaptable and interested in learning and growing to be successful at Riot. Growing from 60 people to 1500 comes with a lot of challenges, so understanding your own strengths and weaknesses, and having career goals goes a long way to adapting to the company as it matures.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Focus on keeping the culture awesome as we scale! Riot makes amazing experiences for players and it's a great place to work - let's keep it that way as we grow.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Riot Games.Interview Details
Riot requested me to contact them after my portfolio review at GDC. I scheduled a phone interview soon afterwards, and eventually got the on-site interview. The on-site was several hours long including a lunch interview and three consecutive interviews with the team I was to be joining. I was very nervous but all the interviews were very casual and pretty fun conversations. After a week or so I received news of my offer.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- If you could pick one of your art pieces, and that one piece would determine whether you are either an artist or not an artist, which one would it be? Answer Question
We were established in 2006 by a couple of entrepreneurial gamers who believe player-focused game development can result in awesome games. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to critical and player acclaim. Over 67 million play every month. We know players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the...
Mission: Riot aspires to be the most player-focused company in the world.