AECOM

AECOM Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

AECOM President & CEO Michael S. Burke

Michael S. Burke

Pros
  • Great opportunities to work in different offices internationally(in 26 reviews)

• The work-life balance is good with the alternative work week program and pay is reasonable(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • horrible company to with a lot of senior management that do not care about thier employees(in 56 reviews)

• Upper management changes the structure of the organization seemingly ever year(in 44 reviews)

Overall a good company.

Engineer I (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

Prosgood and friendly working environment.

ConsI think there is no downside of the company.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Good till now.

Project Specialist (Current Employee) New Delhi

ProsGood Balance of work-time while working here

ConsLess Cultural activities in IND- Delhi regions specially.

Preety good, but too much of office politics, Marketing is required

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsMaximum effeciency, Good exposure, Depending on the manager good career oppurtunity

ConsStability is less, Too much office politics

Advice to Senior ManagementTransperacy is less, some of the old once are not allowing space for the new once

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working in AECOM is an opportunity to grow as an effective professional.

Environmental Planner (Current Employee) New Delhi

ProsAECOM is one of the most ethical companies of world, an EPC environment.
    Providing most effective and technical solutions.
    Employee first core values.

Consi have not seen any con yet in the organization.
     job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize the effectiveness of employees, Create a more friendly working Environment and give Space.

Taxing

Landscape Designer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsGreat people to work with, good projects, high aspirations

ConsBossy management, Micromanaging bosses, inefficient work culture

Advice to Senior ManagementDecentralise the decision making process, appoint more experience people who are given the authority to take important decisions

A job is a job.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsThe work-life balance is good with the alternative work week program and pay is reasonable.

ConsThere is so much corporate nonsense going on and it is a revolving door. The constant employee turnover is terribly distracting and makes completion of projects very difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what the core of your business is going to be and focus on that. Stop offering services that will soon be expunged from the company repertoire.

Too big, too political. Good projects, mostly good people.

Professional Engineer (Former Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsMost of the people who work here are great people. The projects are interesting. There is enough variety to gain experience in several areas especially if you're willing to travel.

ConsYou are just a number here. Layoffs are frequent and from my perspective made little sense. It is easy to get pigeonholed and pay is low. Promises of promotions are typically not kept. Platitudes are used to keep you going until the next unkept promise comes to light.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promises to promote from within. Don't undervalue your good employees. They will eventually leave.

big isn't better. could be successful if it slows down.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

Prossome very intelligent technical, business and strategic people in the business. overall salary packaging (including all the little benefits that can add up they are used) appears fair and competitive. offices in Australia are of good quality. they seemed to have ridden the bottom of the market over the past 2-3yrs better than others but have had to cut deep in the process.

Consif i hard to sum up the firm in one word, AECOM is complicated. it complicates everything it does, from time sheets to opening a new project to sending a fee letter. now a massive firm it is very hard to define what AECOM does. a re-structure seems to occur nearly yearly making it very hard to work out how it operates and in turn they are actually creating silos. it seems that AECOM is a competitor with nearly every other company in the built environment in some way. the systems are geared up for mega projects.

Advice to Senior Managementstop and let your staff and systems consolidate, there is too much change too often. too many managers are clearly plodding along

Large growing pains during period of frequent acquisitions and mergers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFor first several years, enjoyed interesting work and fast advancement, good leadership and direct supervisor. Pay started low but rose quickly with mid-year raises. Good collaboration between several offices.

ConsCompany found it harder and harder to compete on cost in arenas of my greatest interest and background. Very unstable and leadership problems during last several years of tenure. Little comradeship or team feeling in those last years, less and less fun place to be.

Your experience with AECOM will vary depending on location.

Project Engineer II (Current Employee)

ProsCompensation seems on par with market
    Lots of technical resources
    People good to work with

ConsVision and leadership of company changes too often
    Morale issues
    Too much focus on cost and shareholders
    Limited available support resources when working in small office

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline initiatives
    Less focus on share prices, more focus on project excellence
    Focus company vision and strategy
    Less organizational changes

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!