ALDI Reviews

Updated 22 September 2014
Updated 22 September 2014

Privately-Held Family Company
1 Rating

Pros
  • Very competitive pay and benefits, even for the lowest paid employees (in 38 reviews)

• Great Pay, loved the physical part of the job, no need for a gym membership (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain a work life balance of any kind, but know some who managed (in 24 reviews)

• Only hire District Managers just out of school, some it was their very first job they ever had (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

Store Manager in Training

Former Employee - Manager In Training  in  South Florida, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Manager In Training in South Florida, FL (US)

I worked at ALDI full-time

Pros

Busy work, Always moving. Time goes by fast, Paid Lunch, Over-Time, Nice Salary, No time for Drama, Fast Paced.

Cons

If you are looking for a job where you can just skate bye...Then don't come here. Only 3 associates on the majority of the day. you and 2 others will have 3 hours in the morning to receive and stock 26 pallets from dry goods to freezer and walk-in...this is not a con, just a warning that when you clock on...you will not stop moving until your shift is done. you three don't finish the truck, then you will stay after to complete it so the night shift can do their jobs. this is a TEAM environment..If one person can't pull their weight...you will have to make up for it.

Training is very well laid out. You will be competing with other MIT's in the area for Store Management Position. Bust your Butt and keep a fast pace from the moment you walk in to the moment you walk out. This will feel like boot camp at first so be ready. All holidays are paid and closed...Survival of the fittest...very rewarding...Loved working there. Had to relocate so my time was up.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Manager  in  Coral Springs, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Coral Springs, FL (US)

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay, and benefits. Tons of hours. Fast paced.

Cons

Physical labor to the extreme

Hire decent people

Rewarding but hard work

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at ALDI part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pays well and hours aren't too demanding

Cons

Little training, hard physical labor and fast paced enviornment.

Hold everyone to the same standards.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything is great!!! Great Pay, benefit are great

Cons

Very Hard Work some days with little help

Hard work, management over promises.

Current Employee - Shift Manager/Cashier
    Current Employee - Shift Manager/Cashier

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast paced environment with a lot to learn. Can learn something new every day. Getting promoted from a cashier to shift manager is very attainable.

Cons

TONS of responsibility. The training process has a way of making every little thing seem like a big deal so it's hard to learn how to prioritize and gets very stressful. Work-life balance is TERRIBLE and trying to move up from shift manager to store manager trainee ends with tons of over promising from superiors. My superiors asked me to transfer to a store literally 10 times farther away than my current store with no additional pay. I have been trying to get promoted for about a year and have been strung along this whole time. (You'll get it by February...or March... By the end of summer...by thanksgiving... By Christmas...by the end of the year) I have already been unofficially trained for this next position the only thing left is leadership which will take actually getting promoted to be able to learn. Well they want me to go to another store way farther and learn my leadership there. But they say they are not ready to promote me. Well the position is designed to teach me leadership so I don't understand why I wouldn't be promoted. And I love within walking distance of my home store and this other location is a 30 mile round trip. That would result in a MUCH larger expense for me but I wouldn't be paid any extra for the extra work. I have done so much at the shifts are rate that I feel they are just trying to get me to do whatever they want without having to pay me extra but 1) it's not fair to me not to be reasonably compensated and 2) if I did this I would be living paycheck to paycheck. I just cat afford it and I feel like I do as much work as an MT already just without the proper pay rate.

Promote your people who are ready to promote. Stop trying to get them be puppets. We are real people. Treat us like people.

Great Company. Great pay. Great benefits. Hard work.

Former Employee - Shift Manager
    Former Employee - Shift Manager

I worked at ALDI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is considered to be pretty well compared to other retail competitors. Management does their due diligence in acquiring new staff to ensure that they are a great fit for the company. It was hard to find an employee that was not a hard worker and overall good individual.

Cons

Workload can be a bit much. Expectations and time frames are pushed to the max. Much more physically demanding than is perceived to be.

I think some of the hardest working, most qualified individuals are at the ground level. I'd like to see more promoting from within from the store manager to district manager level and beyond.

Great part time job

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

Strong company, like to hire from within. Good hourly pay.

Cons

Long hours, the staff is small.

Working at Aldi

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

Great place to work. Management seems to really care if employees are happy.

Cons

Not really any cons. I really enjoy working at Aldi.

Great company

Current Employee - Store Associate  in  Springdale, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Store Associate in Springdale, AR (US)

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has great benefits, compensation is above average for working in a grocery store. Great opportunity for advancement, and pay reflects that.

Cons

Stores should be just a little larger.

Bad Communication with Dms and Store Managers

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at ALDI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

easy to prom people and you work hard.
    benefits are great the people around are great

Cons

Dms think everything are easy just because they run the store only one month, they dont have comunication with managers and employes even they think they are.

to VP must do "evaluation to the Dm thru the employes and mangers" and not thru the DO

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!