AMETEK

Be The First To
Add Photos

AMETEK Chairman and CEO Frank S. Hermance

Frank S. Hermance

I have been here for past 1.5 years and found it to be a nice workplace to be at.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGrowing and stable company
    Satisfactory Compensation
    Good Work Life Balance

ConsThe company is a conglomerate of many different companies so the working of different groups is very different. The working should be streamlined across different Business Units.

A company which offers no professional growth

Tech Lead (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood life
    Good work life balance
    Friendly environment
    Flexible timings

ConsNo professional growth
    You need to search for good work
    No proper support functions

Advice to Senior ManagementJust hiring high quality people is not enough. You need to give the challenging work environment to use their skills.

its not the ideal place to work for good mind set and hard working people

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Chennai

ProsNo value for anyone here and no progressive things also here

Consif it goes like that we have to find out where is AMETEK in India

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider people on their merits and not an other irrelevant ways like following policies to find them fault

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work and learn

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsThe quality of work and exposure available is maximum. Can get to learn various cycles involved in product development, probably which is not available else where.

ConsNothing that concerns a lot now.

Pleasant place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsGood management, great people and location.

ConsI was a temp covering maternity. No positions open.

Great

Prosthere is a lot to learn at the job

Consthe pay is not at industry standards

Decent

ProsPlenty of overtime as a contractor, ability to learn new equipment, exposure to Aerospace industry

ConsUnorganized, too much management, constant change of directives

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

ProsExcellent growth opportunity, strong leadership development, competitive pay, strong support from management, educational assistance, drive for success. In working for Ametek, I received a promotion and have received strong support during my transition. There is a strong investment in personnel and development and I have been given many opportunities to receive training when I needed it; internally and externally. The company places an emphasis on recognizing talent and developing that talent. I would say that one is given many opportunities to grow and thrive within the organization - the truly limiting factor is yourself. Overall as an organization, new ideas, processes, and systems are implemented specifically to make us a stronger, more profitable business. We are encouraged to participate and help develop those ideas, processes and systems; to be a contributor and enjoy our success.

ConsI have experienced some communication gaps, but nothing major. Within each function, it would be nice to have a "roadmap" with names, responsibilities, and contact information.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above

Good place to start out.

Engineer (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA (US)

ProsEveryone is accessible and you are free to ask questions. The other engineers are helpful and the technicians love to work with the engineers to fix problems. There is always something to do so you do not get bored.

ConsTight budget from corporate to get things fixed. I wish the company offered training to help improve the employees skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some more group activities to try and raise morale in the company.

I was responsible for 3 plant locations as VP of Operations.

Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) Wilmington, MA (US)

ProsDynamic environment with many opportunities to solve problems.

ConsAmetek is too short term focused.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage for the longer term up to 3 years at least.

Worked for AMETEK? Contribute to the Community!