ARAMARK Reviews

Updated 28 August 2014
Updated 28 August 2014

ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss
Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • Good work-life balance if you are in the right account, good 401k program and benefits (in 16 reviews)

• Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to work in different lines of business (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It has a horrible work life balance (in 16 reviews)

• The upper management that wasn't at the direct location was never seen (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights

Best Company to work for!!!

Former Employee - Environmental Services Director  in  Marshall, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Environmental Services Director in Marshall, TX (US)

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The ARAMARK philosophy on training employees is unsurpassed. They take the time and the money to train their employees properly. The people who work for this company are wonderful. There are many 20+ year employees. That says something about a company. A great company to grow with. I started as an Office Manager and in five years I was an Environmental Services Director. I had planned on retiring from ARAMARK but due to circumstances beyond my control I don't currently work for ARAMARK. I keep looking for openings because I truly believe this is one of the best corporations in the world and a great place to work!

Cons

ARAMARK is losing business to competitors who underbid them. I have seen this first hand having worked for one of the competitors that came in after ARAMARK. Salaries were cut, positions were cut - bottom line quality suffered.

Keep up the good work!

Great company and benefits, decent management

Current Employee - College Food and Beverage Retail Managing Supervisor  in  Lowell, MA (US)
    Current Employee - College Food and Beverage Retail Managing Supervisor in Lowell, MA (US)

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great chance of moving within company and great benefits that fit most lifestyles

Cons

there is a possibility it is just my situation, however if you do not like getting micromanaged do not apply

You hire great managers, so let them manage from their position. Please do not let them be micromanaged or you lose what was great about that individual beforehand.

Thank goodness for this company!

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Aramark has been a refuge in a former storm of nasty-people-screw-up-the-job experiences. I love the people.

- Life-work balance is good

- The benefits are good

- The company is undergoing massive change right now, so it's an exciting time for some with a lot of opportunities available.

Cons

- The culture of the company is OLD SCHOOL at corporate, but it's starting to change.

- Increased diversity at the highest levels would be a positive thing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

rsr

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

good money and good benefits

Cons

dirty job, but it wasnt too bad

A great company to work for

Current Employee - Food Service Director  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Food Service Director in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In B&I and have most weekends off and evenings too.. Hours can be long, usually from early morning to late afternoon. Good company benefits and a nice 410K plan

Cons

If you loose you account for reasons that you can't control you could be out of a job. You can cover over accounts if your colleagues go on vacation, but this usually involves you being willing to travel far and work lounger hours, while learning how they do things at their account.

be honest

Aramark was the first Fortune 500 company that I worked for. The best part was having a great manager.

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They really worked with my school schedule when I was going to university. The company store manager was really fun to work with.

Cons

Some challenges were the "upper managers", there were so many it was hard to keep track of who to report to or who was priority.

Don't curse in meetings.

Good work and life balance.

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

If you put your time in and are a team player there are many good things to come to you.

Cons

If you do not play ball with all employees if they have the slightest bit of disagreement with you they will have you fired.

Listen to both sides of a story regardless of protocol because it creates a unfit ful work enviornment.

Mostly positive

Current Employee - Food Service Director  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Food Service Director in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

OK pay and benefits. Co Workers interesting

Cons

didn't support promotion and working in jails hard on the "Soul"

It all depends on who the manager is, really

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Knoxville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Knoxville, TN (US)

I have been working at ARAMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Request offs were always permitted
    Flexibility with schedule
    Fellow college students are a better group of customers than the general public
    Coworkers are either fellow college students or really easy-going people. Coworkers that knew what they were doing and were reliable made the work environment.

Cons

Pay raises were once every year and usually consisted from $0.05 to $0.15. Once had a raise that was just $0.01. I worked for this company for 4 years and never came close to $8.00/hour, although people hired in with no experience would receive $8/hour.
    Football Saturdays means no parking and no reliance on management, because they're all pulled to work the stadium.
    Forcing employees to upsell to college students who barely make above minimum wage at their own jobs: not the best idea.
    Upper management has no respect for how stores run. Every store is not a cookie cutter replica of the next one and some stores deliver better in areas that others don't.
    The ridiculous amount of times I would call managers for assistance with a problem (register not working, replacement/breaker not showing up) and hearing back several hours later grows old pretty quick.
    Supervisors ended up doing most of the work and had nothing to show for it (in terms of payment).

Be willing to work with storekeepers about what they really do/don't need in their individual stores (meal plan items, amounts of product). They know their stuff.

Not the best job for entry level

Current Employee - Lead  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Lead in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good company benefits for full time employees

Cons

Reduce hours during the summer

Pay employees their worth not pennies.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!