ARMA

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Company!!

Tampa Office (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsPeople are great. ARMA treats their employees well. Relaxed environment with a lot of hard working people.

ConsI have no Cons to report

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Great company, fast growing corporation but without the typical office politics

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsEmployee benefit costs are unmatched in Tampa Bay, company pays majority of cost. Above average compensation and excellent work/life balance. Very refreshing environment. No micro management.

ConsNone to report at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on employee retention. Listen to your employees and retain your top performers.

Good company, if you look at the constraints of doing business with the government

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, decent benefits, interesting work environments. I've seen many complain about pay, but that has a lot to do with what your position is billeted for and the government's compensation based on that position. I had the top pay for the area by far, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will be compensated what they believe is fair.

ConsTypical cons of working as a government contractor, which the company cannot mitigate. Their inflexibility to negotiate increased PTO. Annual performance review process can be improved and streamlined. Ultimately, the only reason I left was for a better opportunity elsewhere. Due to the constraints of working as a government contractor, my upward mobility was hindered if I wanted to stay in the same area.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider allowing employees and candidates to negotiate an extra week of leave. Your inflexibility in this area is indicative of a young company, but there should be some form of wiggle room when it comes to leave. Don't fall back on the "well it wouldn't be fair to everyone else" excuse.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great working environment, Penny pinching company.

Network Administrator (Current Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsGreat working environment, Highly responsive management, Good pay.

ConsEvery part of the hiring and employee management process has a clear penny pinching feel to it. Everything from the hotel to the bonus and evaluation system designed to kind of resemble the military.

Advice to Senior ManagementGetting employees ready for these jobs takes a considerable amount of up front investment on your part. Make sure you get the most out of your effort by reducing salary pay and introducing a sign on and/or contract completion bonus. This will keep people who are serious about staying and save some money on employees who bail early. the money recouped from something like this could be used for things like better hotels or even go directly back into everyone's salary.

Not So Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Bragg, NC (US)

ProsYou receive decent benefits, decent pay, and a casual environment. I think it’s good that they help out families who have lost loved ones in the military.

ConsStill a new company and they don’t have everything worked out. Management is not very knowledgeable at times. No training is provided. You get the feeling like you are just another paycheck working and not a member of a team. Doesn’t really take care of their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your members and they’ll work hard for you.

Terrible Management / Company has an Ethics Issue

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsPay is good. If you're chasing money and don't care about anything else like integrity or ethics, this is the company for you.

ConsManagement is the good 'ole boy network where the most unqualified people get hired to pretend they are managers. The end result is unsatisfied employees, unethical business practices and abusive management. The place is run just like the military--same moronic decisions all because I said so. Very frustrating to sit back and watch the idiocy, especially if you're a seasoned professional.

Good talented people bail because the of the unqualified managers. People are berated and treated like tools. Communication from management is nonexistent, but really that's a good thing because otherwise you'd have to listen to some idiot dribble on and on.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Really though, why bother to help a company that doesn't care about it's people. Get rid of the owners and fire all the current management staff--that's a start.

Ain't Really Making Alot

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSwag bag with a Nike Play-Dry polo shirt

ConsCronyism over credentials - the latest good old boys club to get work at SOCOM

Advice to Senior ManagementSooner or latter its going to come crashing down.

Excellent company I hope to grow with as they continue to build and expand globally ...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsGrowing company, vast opportunity, great benefits, fast paced, quick results, team oriented with exceptional culture which emphasizes giving back and honoring the military ...

ConsNone to report at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain careful growth planning, continue to invest in employees

Excellent Growing Company, Great Healthcare Options, not many around like this anymore!

Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsFlexible company that listens to your concerns, not corporate and rigid

ConsNone to report at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen and support employees

Bad management

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are good pay is bad.

ConsThey bring in military people and under pay them. Not good for a company owned by retired military.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people what they are worth for the area they are in

Worked for ARMA? Contribute to the Community!