AT&T

5,844 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,718 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty impressive for the amount of work that's required (in 294 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 152 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 251 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 281 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Experience

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Bangalore
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Bangalore

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary on par with the market standards
    Good learning Environment

Cons

Nothing to specify.. good company to work.

The Best Place to Work!

Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Hyderābād
    Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Hyderābād

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Freedom to take your decisions
    Open door policy
    Huge opportunities
    Access to Vast Environments
    You are your boss for the work you do

Cons

Need to be in the same role for a long duration

Great place to explore the domain

Current Employee - Network Analyst T1 5 in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Network Analyst T1 5 in Bangalore

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Excellent Work Environment and supportive fellow mates

Cons

Benefits to employees not up to the mark

More encouragement is expected

Awesome work enviorment and dilligent workforce

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Will be interacting with worlds best people in communications bussiness.Real good opurtuinity working for world's best communications company in the world.

Cons

Could not expect Inter transfer within different countries

NA

It feels nice working here.

Current Employee - Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at AT&T as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

We get to work as a competitive unit. We are led by able leaders. We also get respect as a part of a reputed company.

Cons

Sometimes, we are told that we have a space problem when it comes to arranging for each and every employee's working space.

No comments.

awesome

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

A telecom Giant, one of the biggest mobile networks in the world, lots of new technologies to learn

Cons

A bigger network requires large time to understand

AT&T GBS Review

Current Employee - Associate Database Engineer in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Associate Database Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

good work
    lesser work load
    good technical exposure

Cons

no onsites
    lesser customer exposure
    less pay hikes

please try sending people from India instead of hiring in US

Awesome! Very positive

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1 of the best things about AT&T is the training you receive as a New Hire. The company sends you to a designated location for a month's worth of training. They teach you the basics of sales and how to maximize your customers in-store experiences. While at training if it is necessary, they will pay to put you in a hotel, give you an American Express card for daily meals and reimburse you for any travel expenses in a very timely manor. The training you receive is top of the line.

Next, lets talk pay. At&t pays their employees extremely well. With a base salary with paid overtime and full benefits and a compensation program, you won't want to leave the company just for that reason. They take care of their employees for the time you spend with them.

Room for advancement. At AT&T moving up is a breeze if your motivated and a hard working individual. My current assistant store manager has only been with the company 10 months and is already looking at becoming a small business rep.

Cons

The work and life balance. The hours are long and tiring to the point were when you get home all you want to do is sleep and on your days off as well.

Customers you have to deal with and the ability for a sales rep to control the interaction . That is one of the biggest complaint I have about the company. A lot of times customers come into the store hot and as sales reps we don't have the discretion or ability to waive ridiculous fees or fix issues. Everything seems like it has to be refereed to customer care which makes for a bad customer experience in store.

Let your team members know you appreciate their hard work and dedication and with out them, they wouldn't have customers.

Overall Good Company - I've enjoyed my 30+ years.

Current Employee - PMTS in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - PMTS in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is decent. Work is challenging if not outright FUN. As a lab, new tech is being actively analyzed.

Cons

The company has a heavily political atmosphere. It's not necessarily what you know but who you know. To much brown-nosing.
    We have too few technically proficient workers and way too many "lets call a meeting" project managers. A lot of wasted time.
    Legacy SBC employees get paid more than legacy BellSouth employees. Don't ask me how I know. I know, people talk.

Quit outsourcing. Quit paying new hires the same (or more) than high rated long time employees. The pay plan obviously needs to be revised. How can a new employee I trained be hired at a higher rate than me?

Create a more vibrant technical career ladder. Today we have but a paper shell of one.

Quit the turmoil. Who in their right mind starts up capital spending in march and shuts it down in june?

You need to bring back proprietorship in the company. Most new hires see this as only a temp job. They know you are screwing the long time employees with stagnant wages. Who would want to buy into this?

Long history, lots of changes

Current Employee - Network Operations Manager in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Network Operations Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strength of the company is from the old Southwestern Bell roots, not from the legacy AT&T company, which was bought by SBC in 2005. SBC took the AT&T name, but the management team was from SBC.
    Lots of opportunities for development if you are in the right city.
    Innovative company which has survived throughout the turbulence of the telecom industry.
    Very talented people working on new technology.
    Good (but not great) pay and benefits.

Cons

If you are not mobile, you won't advance, regardless of how good your skills are.
    Many of the people who came over when SBC bought AT&T still have the legacy AT&T mindset of "budget cutting is the only way to be profitable."
    Assignments in the older (wireline) side of the business are dead end jobs, but getting out of those jobs into other assignments is tough.
    Outside technical and customer-facing jobs are high pressure, poorly paid, and typically dead-end.

Use your own technology to get the best workers, regardless of physical location.
    Be more honest about future plans and don't limit opportunities for people who want to move into other parts of the business.
    Don't try to achieve profitability by short-changing employees. They will leave, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, and will cause damage to the brand in the process.