AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros
  • Flexible hours most of the time(in 13 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money)(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary offered in Manasquan(in 8 reviews)

• Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality(in 6 reviews)

You get what you put into it, work hard= success

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH (US)

ProsGreat earning opportunity, you are the only person that can prevent your success.

ConsHave to be willing to work hard to make it.

Excellent experience interning with AXA

Financial Representative Intern (Former Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA (US)

ProsVery flexible hours. Kind and great working environment with opportunity to succeed. Friendly bosses who want to see you succeed. Knowledge service staff to answer any question that may arise.

ConsLower starting salary for advisors. Unpaid internship originally. Training could use some work and the balance between work and home life is hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more compensation

You are not a financial advisor, you are an insurance sales person

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsThe office address is nice.

ConsManagement will hire anyone. Your group benefits are tied to how much AXA insurance you sell (which does not put the client first). They are annuity and life insurance sales people that don't do what is best for clients. You are expected to market to schools which do not want you on or around campus before, during, or after school. There is no marketing budget for new people.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet more rigorous standards for your hiring process.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is where you want to be!!!

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

ProsGreat Training Programs
    Management team is elite
    Growth potential is astronomical
    Set your own hours
    Help is always just a phone call away

ConsLong hours but the compensation makes up for it
    For the self starting, determined, hard working individuals only
    Difficult for individuals who may need "immediate" compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!!

Financial Professional

Financial Advisor/Professional/Consultant (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY (US)

ProsYou can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money). There are some cool people that work here as well and I've made some really awesome friends.
    -Certain managers are very good and you can learn a lot about sales from them.
    -Company trips if you qualify (and want to spend your vacations with people you see everyday.)

ConsAll commission, you WILL cold call unless you have some connection somewhere dealing with municipalities for example becasue you have an in there. They may try to tell you in the interview that you don't have to but really almost everyone who starts thats what you are doing.
    -The company does not give you much to work with. They don't give you leads, you have to find them yourself for the most part. They don't give you a computer, or any perks such as free food etc.
    -Long hours are expected even though they tell you your are the CEO of your business...makes zero sense. Especially since you're on 100% commission.

Advice to Senior Management-Hire people you know will succeed, not just any person because even if they fail you can make a couple bucks off of them.
    -Be truthful about the job. Don't have kids going to study for the series 7 for two months and come in there first day and quit because they were misled

Position was not as good what was sold

Financial Consultant (Former Employee) Akron, OH (US)

ProsFlexible hours most of the time

Constraining not so good, more product focused verse how to reach out and build practice.

Advice to Senior Managementtry training your new reps. for success

Working as a Financial Advisor was a great way to get licenses, and a LOT of headaches.

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsFairly easy sales quotas, reimbursement for licensing (and thats it) . Lots of turnover means they hire almost anybody.

ConsTerrible managers in the entire WLA office. New hires are brought in to sell to their families and friends and then dumped.

Good Learning Experience for a salesperson

Financial Professional (Former Employee) San Juan, PR (US)

ProsMy specific supervisor didn't micromanage, I had a lot of freedom with my time, there was a lit of training mostly on thei products and marketing strategies.

ConsCommissions are not as good as other companies in the industry, it actually costs money to work for them, benefits are not very good and you have to pay for most of them.

Great

Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsLots of education, fun environment

ConsInternships don't pay, big office

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing well

Great career with a growing company

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Columbia, MD (US)

ProsThe more you work, the more potential there is to grow and get compensated. Great flexibility and pay structure. Good training program for new employees (thanks to experienced management team).

ConsNo major complaints. Just be prepared to work A LOT - but at least it pays off unlike with other jobs where you may work a lot and not see the results.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!