AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money) (in 8 reviews)

• Flexible hours most of the time (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary offered in Manasquan (in 8 reviews)

• Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

No True Leadership

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsYou can earn your FINRA licensing.

ConsWithout real leadership this group of offices in West LA, Woodland Hills, Irvine and Koreatown will always under perform. Branch managers say they have an open door policy, but don't have time or interest in speaking to you. Divisional Managers lack management and leadership skills.
    You can't hire everyone and spread managers too thin to train the new advisors, Make a mistake and you might receive a rude call from the compliance bulldog. I could never understand a word she said but knew she was not happy. I spent long days learning from those who would give me time but in the end I realized that this group did not care about me at all. I wanted to learn and bee successful and I put in the time, but needed guidance.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking at this as a numbers game. You hire everyone who interviews and then it is sink or swim. Those with a good network in the area seem to survive and those who don't have a network fail and move on. Take the time to get to know your people and grow them into Financial Advisors instead of being hands off.

An OK Advisory Firm

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI (US)

ProsThere are good smart people that you work with that made it easy to come into work every day. There is access to a wide range of product.

ConsThe management was poor. They had an every man for themselves attitude. There was not much direction and guidance for new young advisors. They seem to care more about the money they make from their own clients instead of the overall performance of the whole office.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management team needs to concentrate more on cultivating their young advisors.

Good, not great.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsMassive company, dominating market share, offers many different types of investment options, plenty of external support from various internal but offsite call centers.

ConsTerrible processes and procedures, limited training, very unorganized

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better support system for ALL employees of axa advisors, not just financial professionals.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Misleading

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsIt is an old company that offers opportunities for an entrepreneurial spirit.

ConsGood luck managing your book of business, because your on your own and its not easy getting a simple policy through.

Marketing and Recruiting Intern

Marketing and Recruiting Intern (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

ProsI assist the Marketing and Recruiting Director in all aspects of the job. She is an extremely creative and talented social media guru. She has been very trusting in assigning me with important, time-sensitive projects and has taught me valuable skills in all aspects of the job. Schedules are very flexible. State-of-the-art training program prepares new employees to be extremely successful.The branch provides this training for free and hosts weekly training seminars on how to utilize social media to spread brand awareness.

ConsYou definitely have to work hard to be successful, but they provide the stepping stones one would need to prosper here. The hard work literally pays off, you just have to be willing to put the effort in.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt may be beneficial to create a position solely for a Recruiting Director. It's extremely time consuming and difficult to manage all aspects of marketing and recruiting for the entire branch and its detached offices.

I've worked at a competitive firm in the past, there is no comparison.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGreat training, great people, endless support, huge wealth building benefits, and a fun place to be a part of. Family culture, winning attitude, and competitive but team oriented environment.

ConsIt can be tough to get up and running, but once your going it's worth it.

AXA is a decent company

ProsGreat entry level Finance job and a very stringent learning curve. Great way to get your licences and get sponsored by the company to do so.

ConsYou will definitely want a way out due to low compensation unless you truly understand the Entrepreneurial aspect. Very self-driven style of getting things done and you will be out on a limb.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should as what goals your associates have and help the co-exist with your own.

Investment Management intern

Investment Management Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Pros1. Know people who work there.
    2. Get the hand-on experience on cold calls.

Cons1.Everyday you just did the same job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company should provide more opportunities to international students.

World class training and support!

Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate (Current Employee) Akron, OH (US)

ProsGreat training and high retention rate. AXA offers one of the best total packages in the industry. Whether you are just starting out or have been in the career for years.

ConsAs with any career that offers unlimited income potential and freedom to your own hours it up to you to make good decisions. It can be hard to stay disciplined.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Employment requires more luck than hardwork

Financial Consultant (Former Employee) Stamford, CT (US)

Pros*Free to set schedule (most of time, if traditional, or non-RBG group)
    *Easy to join even with no finance background; may help you get experience other firms need before they'll consider you.
    *Online training and frequent branch training (though sometimes too frequent).
    *Cumulative quotas means, if you are lucky, one big case can set you ahead for years. (Though falling behind can also make the next "validation" period much harder.).

Cons*High turnover rate - majority stay less than a year; better (or luckier) offices keep maybe 25% of new hires past 4 years, though a lot retain less than 5%.
    *Rigid quotas (Contrary to popular opinion, they CAN make AN exception once if you miss the deadline however it's VERY rare. Even if you do, you must make up the missing production on top of your next quota or else.)
    *Sure, can set own schedule, but new "advisors" should expect to spend 80% or more of their time as a telemarketer/mailbox stuffer if you want to stay expect 80+ hrs/wk unless you have a lot of rich friends/family or if you pay for an assistant.
    *Cannot retain clients upon leaving. Your accounts will eventually be given out in orphan call lists for other new hires to telemarket. (Note: Plenty of firms do not put a non-compete in their contract.)
    *Even if you close more life sales than your peers, a string of bad luck could cause every one of your cases to be rejected by underwriting.

Advice to Senior ManagementBranch and district managers: Thanks for the training and all your support the past three years.
    Divisional/national VPs: While quotas are necessary to maintain the bottom line, consider giving un-validated DSF/ESF an option to stay if they pay for their office space/expenses. Thus, those destined to fail no longer suck company resources and those who simply had really back luck with underwriting don't become a competitor with intimate knowledge of AXA's market.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!