AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money) (in 8 reviews)

• Flexible hours most of the time (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary offered in Manasquan (in 8 reviews)

• Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Grinding sales role

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsPeople are great and the managers are all incredibly smart and talented.

Conslong hours, 8 to 8 everyday, cold calling is what you'll spend 80% of your time doing.

Good Learning Experience

Financial Professional (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsFlexible Schedule, Make your own hours, great coworkers

People I worked with were very friendly and helpful when asked a question.

ConsVery sales driven, which is not what I expected. Lots of pressure to hit minimum 'numbers'.

Typically long hours, and not much emphasis on work/life balance.
    Lots of fees associated with running your 'business'.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more upfront about job expectations and during interview process including fees and expenses, amount of time spent in field, income expectations.

You get what you put into it, work hard= success

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH (US)

ProsGreat earning opportunity, you are the only person that can prevent your success.

ConsHave to be willing to work hard to make it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

comfortable but boring

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosclean environment, nice mentor leadership

Consoffice culture, personal growth, training

Excellent experience interning with AXA

Financial Representative Intern (Former Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA (US)

ProsVery flexible hours. Kind and great working environment with opportunity to succeed. Friendly bosses who want to see you succeed. Knowledge service staff to answer any question that may arise.

ConsLower starting salary for advisors. Unpaid internship originally. Training could use some work and the balance between work and home life is hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more compensation

You are not a financial advisor, you are an insurance sales person

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsThe office address is nice.

ConsManagement will hire anyone. Your group benefits are tied to how much AXA insurance you sell (which does not put the client first). They are annuity and life insurance sales people that don't do what is best for clients. You are expected to market to schools which do not want you on or around campus before, during, or after school. There is no marketing budget for new people.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet more rigorous standards for your hiring process.

Position was not as good what was sold

Financial Consultant (Former Employee) Akron, OH (US)

ProsFlexible hours most of the time

Constraining not so good, more product focused verse how to reach out and build practice.

Advice to Senior Managementtry training your new reps. for success

Financial Professional

Financial Advisor/Professional/Consultant (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY (US)

ProsYou can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money). There are some cool people that work here as well and I've made some really awesome friends.
    -Certain managers are very good and you can learn a lot about sales from them.
    -Company trips if you qualify (and want to spend your vacations with people you see everyday.)

ConsAll commission, you WILL cold call unless you have some connection somewhere dealing with municipalities for example becasue you have an in there. They may try to tell you in the interview that you don't have to but really almost everyone who starts thats what you are doing.
    -The company does not give you much to work with. They don't give you leads, you have to find them yourself for the most part. They don't give you a computer, or any perks such as free food etc.
    -Long hours are expected even though they tell you your are the CEO of your business...makes zero sense. Especially since you're on 100% commission.

Advice to Senior Management-Hire people you know will succeed, not just any person because even if they fail you can make a couple bucks off of them.
    -Be truthful about the job. Don't have kids going to study for the series 7 for two months and come in there first day and quit because they were misled

Working as a Financial Advisor was a great way to get licenses, and a LOT of headaches.

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsFairly easy sales quotas, reimbursement for licensing (and thats it) . Lots of turnover means they hire almost anybody.

ConsTerrible managers in the entire WLA office. New hires are brought in to sell to their families and friends and then dumped.

Great

Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsLots of education, fun environment

ConsInternships don't pay, big office

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing well

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!