Abercrombie & Fitch

2,169 Reviews

Abercrombie & Fitch Chairman and CEO Mike Jeffries
Mike Jeffries
1,203 Ratings

Pros
  • Working with really good looking people - cons is that they are not smart (in 46 reviews)

• you got to work with people your own age and the managers were pretty laid back (in 112 reviews)

Cons
  • Part time workers get minimum wage (i've never heard of any models getting a raise) (in 242 reviews)

• Work-life balance varies based on how much time you are willing to make for personal activities (in 74 reviews)

More Highlights

impact

Current Employee - Impact Member  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Impact Member in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than a year

Pros

The hours are very flexible and fellow co-workers are all very nice. The managers are outgoing and understanding.

Cons

Managers do not monitor associates well enough, which encourages laziness and an uneven distribution of work amongst associates. Do not have a sufficient amount of employees for the day, as a consequence, ask associates to stay longer.

Liked working there because the managers were friendly and the hours were flexible for high school schedule.

Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model)  in  Waterbury, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Waterbury, CT (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule was good at times and it wasn't a hard job to complete, so it was a good learning experience for a high school student.

Cons

Call-ins can be annoying because you don't know if you are going to be working for 5 hours in the afternoon/evening until an hour before you would have to be there. I worked at two different stores two different summers and for some reason the assistant managers that I worked under were never as pleasant as the store managers. A&F got some very good leaders in the manager positions but the assistant store managers both times were cold and I don't know if this has to do with training

No growing opportunity

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch

Pros

great assosiates and managers. Love them!

Cons

poor hours and very bad pay

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was an "ok" job

Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model)  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Raleigh, NC (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's good sales experience. Getting a job at a good retail store isn't always easy, but they are willing to hire young people which makes this a decent place to start out if you're looking to go into retail.

Cons

The pay was quite low, granted it was minimum wage but I still find that low compared to other places I've worked.

Some tasks can be tedious (i.e. folding)...you need to know what a company's standard is going in and if that isn't what you're looking for, you should probably work elsewhere.

Not as bad as it seems

Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model)  in  Bloomington, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Bloomington, IN (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, relatively easy shifts (unless you work the holiday rushes), flexible scheduling.

Cons

It's easy to get bored during your shifts, especially if you're just a greeter. Folding clothes to their standards is not hard, but it is time-consuming. No way that I saw to get well-deserved raises, despite being with the company for an extended period of time and receiving responsibilities above my job description.

Consider pay raises (at least) for your employees who have been doing an exceptional job in their positions.

Great experience and people!

Former Employee - Model  in  Bloomington, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Model in Bloomington, MN (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people
    Good discount
    Awesome products
    Flexible schedule
    Very interactive

Cons

Minimum wage pay
    Shorter shifts like 4 or 5 hours
    Definitely a second job, not able to support yourself with paycheck

I love abercrombie!

Current Employee - Sales Associate (Model)  in  Modesto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Modesto, CA (US)

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun people lots of friendships made

Cons

buying new clothes every time a look book comes out

My managers did not like the negative criticism.

Fantastic learning opportunity - Responsibility from day 1

Former Employee - Various  in  New Albany, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Various in New Albany, OH (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Young vibrant company, hard-working environment, great sense of community

Cons

With lots of responsibility quickly immediate supervisors can have limited experience (only 1-2 years more than you) and limited knowledge in how to manage effectively.
    Given that it is a fast paced industry and company; the environment requires hard work dedication and willingness to work longer hours than other companies

Review the org chart structure at the entry level positions. Rather than having assistants report to associates etc. have all team members report into the Analyst/ Allocator/ Merchant level or senior level and train those people in how to manage growth and development effectively.

Relatively fun

Current Employee - Model/Sales Associate  in  Arcadia, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Model/Sales Associate in Arcadia, CA (US)

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than a year

Pros

When i first started working here, we had the best managers who completely turned around our store. Our managers provided proper training, encouragement, recognition for hard work, and a fun work environment. As a result of this, the employees felt welcomed, included, and excited to work. Just goes to show how important it is to hire good managers.In addition, this company is very flexible with hours so it is perfect for a first job for a high school/college student. This job also allows you to meet amazingly friendly people.

Cons

Managers are very, very underpaid.
    Part time workers get minimum wage (i've never heard of any models getting a raise).
    If the manager sucks, no one will want to work and the overall environment of the store will be noticeably gloomier.
    Hard to get hours if this is your primary job.

Invest in paying and training the managers better. The managers make all the difference.

Fun Part-Time Gig

Former Employee - "Model"/Sales Associate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - "Model"/Sales Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Pros

Overall, it's a lax environment to work in (depending on managers), flexible hours, casual work attire, pretty good discount on clothes, and the people you work with are usually sociable and easy to get along with.

Cons

Very strict on appearance and maintaining their brand's "look," minimum wage pay, you are not necessarily valued as an employee because of the high number of employees they have.

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!