Abercrombie & Fitch

2,169 Reviews

Abercrombie & Fitch Chairman and CEO Mike Jeffries
Mike Jeffries
1,203 Ratings

Pros
  • Working with really good looking people - cons is that they are not smart (in 46 reviews)

• you got to work with people your own age and the managers were pretty laid back (in 112 reviews)

Cons
  • Part time workers get minimum wage (i've never heard of any models getting a raise) (in 242 reviews)

• Work-life balance varies based on how much time you are willing to make for personal activities (in 74 reviews)

More Highlights

Terrible.

Former Employee - Abercrombie and Fitch Model  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Abercrombie and Fitch Model in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Pros

The discount is good. 35%

Cons

Co-workers and managers have attitude problems.

Fun but grueling

Former Employee - Visual Assistant Manager  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Visual Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a fun work environment with young, energetic employees. In addition, you are able to travel around the city to recruit individuals as store employees.

Cons

The work schedule is grueling and inconsistent. Often times managers are required to work longer than normal hours, and your work schedule changes each week. Also, the pay is considerably lower, compared to other retail companies.

In order to prevent such a high employee turnover rate, allow for more of a work-life balance by reducing work hours and setting a consistent work schedule. Also, value the employees by increasing the pay.

Good for making friends, bad for making money.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I made a ton of friends during my 6 years at Abercrombie & Fitch, and overall my days were pretty easy. If you want a fun and mindless retail job, this is a great choice. However, during my time as an Assistant Manager I learned a lot of great workplace skills, and if you're interested in staying in retail or fashion, being a manager at A&F looks good on your resume. Their benefits are very good too if you're a full-time employee.

Cons

Depending on your job title or how big your store is, this job can get stressful very quickly. Your boss will expect you to devote your whole life to A&F if you're a manager, and you're rarely praised for your hard work. The schedule is awful and you work like a slave for a very little amount of money. It's ridiculous that you even need a degree to be a manager here. Promotion is also limited because they company is downsizing, not expanding, so good luck being anything more than a glorified "store manager". I hope you like working on weekends and being responsible for all of the complaints in your store!

Higher pay. I have since moved on to a different retail job and I make $1.90 less as a sales associate than I did as a MANAGER at Abercrombie & Fitch. That is ridiculous.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Model

Current Employee - Model  in  Providence, RI (US)
    Current Employee - Model in Providence, RI (US)

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Pros

they offered some good employee discounts and a lot of say/flexibility with hours as long as you kept your availability updated

Cons

i did not feel like i was very welcomed by the company or treated with a lot of respect by my employers. the dress code was very strict and i felt like the "look" was very exclusive and restricted.

i think that the company needs to promote a more inclusive atmosphere

Low wages, busy work

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Energy, fun associates, no real sales goals. Corporate isn't very responsive to anything store have to say, but its a very low pressure job. Benefits for FT are good

Cons

bad hours, worse pay. Horrible work-life balance. You have to be in a certain dress code, which means having a certain "look." I did interview with the company for over two years, and you know within the first 15 seconds who corporate expects you to hire, and who to not.

Save your time!!

Former Employee - Floor Model  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Floor Model in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than a year

Pros

work is slightly tedious, but never hard. Cool like minded people that work here

Cons

Underpaid, rude management, crazy customers.

Stop hiring college drop outs because of their looks and people who are actually qualified.

Model

Former Employee - Model/Associate  in  Champaign, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Model/Associate in Champaign, IL (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely low expectations, simple work. Employee discount card

Cons

The call in system seems like a lot to expect of part time minimum wage employees. You often have to stay past midnight to inventory/rearrange. They try to only give you 10 hrs/wk so there are "fresh faces" You stand all shift. it's extremely loud and you will always smell like fierce room spray

Standard college part-time job

Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model)  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, upbeat environment, work requires little effort. As far as part-time jobs go, this is A-OK and it's certainly a unique retail experience to work at this particular brand.

Cons

No practical skills developed, fairly mindless, pay is just average in the industry.

Great environment

Former Employee - Impact Team Member  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers/team environment, training is definitely provided. You will usually get the hours you want and/or need.

Cons

Minimum wage; some workers work harder than others, thus pay is unfair. Opening can take place very early in the morning and closing can go past midnight (depending on the week day). No more than 20 hours per week per person for the most part.

Ehhhh

Current Employee - Impact Team Member  in  Aventura, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Impact Team Member in Aventura, FL (US)

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Pros

The best thing about working here is that the store environment is very relaxed and chill. You also meet a lot of cool and interesting people that are your age

Cons

The pay sucks for the amount of work an impactor does. The stores barely give hours, not a good job if you're trying to save up for something nice

Impactor and managers do the most dutiful tasks in the store and the pay sucks. You guys want us to buy clothes from the company but sometimes we can't even afford it because of the pay. It's a rip-off, you get paid and the money goes right back to you guys because we MUST buy your clothing.

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!